Windows 10: Macrium

Discus and support Macrium in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Back in September time, Dalchina , zbook and a couple of others guided me through upgrading my PC from windows 7 to windows 10, brilliant and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by NE5, Feb 13, 2021.

1. NE5
    NE5 Win User

Macrium

Back in September time, Dalchina , zbook and a couple of others guided me through upgrading my PC from windows 7 to windows 10, brilliant and everything is spot on still now. But one of the processes I did was install macrium. I keep getting reminders of updates, far too many actually, I tried to turn it off but it won't switch off.

Is there any action I can take other than uninstalling it ? I would still keep the exe file, just reinstall the program ? Or how do I stop the pop up.

:)

2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Macrium [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Jerry8AB Win User
    Macrium Boot Question

Macrium Boot Question

I use Windows 10 and a Macrium recovery program. My BIOS is set where the optical disk for CDs and DVDs are not set to recognize a CD/DVD disc as the first priority to boot from.

What are the steps I should take to make my Macrium Rescue Disk as being first to boot from?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry8AB, Feb 13, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Macrium

I'm having trouble with Macrium Reflect tutorial.

Strongly suggest you watch some youtube videos on Macrium and follow them step by step, making sure they are current.

Also make sure you have the manual to hand, and use the extensive help provided with the product.

dalchina, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Macrium

1. Macrium - Similar Threads - Macrium

2. Restoring Macrium Reflect image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring Macrium Reflect image: I really need help. Let me say first that the image I made with MR is about 1.5 yrs old. I see no reason why that should matter. I opened Macrium Reflect and went to the Restore heading. There I browsed to and selected the image I wanted to restore. This is what I see:...
  3. Mechanics of Macrium Reflect 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mechanics of Macrium Reflect 7: Hi guys, i would like to know if it is possible to image my entire laptop after first bootup without first installing reflect on the laptop itself. My intention is basically create a macrium rescue media on a different win10 laptop, boot up my brand spanking new laptop for...
  4. When building Macrium Bootable Option for Windows 10 on laptop which option should I use RE...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When building Macrium Bootable Option for Windows 10 on laptop which option should I use RE...: When building Macrium Bootable Option for Windows 10 (adds bootable option to Windows boot process) on laptop which option should I use RE or PE10? Does the same hold true if I create a bootable USB with Macrium (use same environment)? Laptop is Windows 10, Lenovo 15, Ryzen...
  5. Imaging a Linux (or Windows) Disk without Macrium -- Not cloning

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Imaging a Linux (or Windows) Disk without Macrium -- Not cloning: Hi folks Again the wonders of DD -- if you need to image (not clone as that's simple enough) a disk for use as a backup and you don't have an available copy of Macrium to hand it's very easy to use DD to image a disk to a file and restore it. Works on any type of disk....
  6. Macrium reflect backup and restore SATA to NVME

Macrium reflect backup and restore SATA to NVME: Ok guys another conundrum, but this isnt a critical issue rather something that would be nice to fix. So I was temporarily without my m.2 drive, and windows 10 was actually originally installed on a spare SATA SSD I had. When my m.2 stick was available again, I backed up...
  7. Macrium Reflect Backup Def File question

Macrium Reflect Backup Def File question: I have 2 .xml definiton files made to backup both my SSD (OS) and my HDD (Storage, desktop, documents, etc...) onto the 2 HDD's I use for this purpose is there a way I can combine them into either one definition file, or make a VBScript/Powershell/batch file that runs both...
  8. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: I have just upgraded my PC from Windows version 1909 to 20H2. Do I have to renew the master C-drive source copy of my MR ? This was generated months ago. Does MR update this master C-drive copy as an online live monitor connection ? The contents of the C-drive are changing...
  9. Macrium Reflect Backup Def File question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Backup Def File question: I have 2 .xml definiton files made to backup both my SSD (OS) and my HDD (Storage, desktop, documents, etc...) onto the 2 HDD's I use for this purpose is there a way I can combine them into either one definition file, or make a VBScript/Powershell/batch file that runs both...
  10. Macrium cloned / restored images to ANOTHER drive will not boot? MBR

Macrium cloned / restored images to ANOTHER drive will not boot? MBR: I hope some of you might be able to shed some light on boot issues I'm experiencing with my cloned boot images. A little background I currently boot from an SSD which is in MBR format; booting from a UEFI compatible motherboard. I also have a second SSD which is may DATA...