Windows 10: Macrium's view on the recent SMR disk controversy

Discus and support Macrium's view on the recent SMR disk controversy in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In recent weeks there has been significant controversy caused by reports that a number of big hardware vendors are quietly shipping SMR disks in their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Macrium's view on the recent SMR disk controversy

Read more. Source: Macrium’s view on the recent SMR disk controversy

:)

Brink, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Read more. Source: Macrium’s view on the recent SMR disk controversy

Brink, May 23, 2020
  3. Compumind Win User

How much slower are the SMR internal drives versus the CMR?

The two I have are external USB 3.0 SMR HDD's. The rest are external SSD's.

Just curious.

*Huh

Compumind, May 23, 2020
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

How do you know if a drive is SMR or CMR?

eLPuSHeR, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Macrium's view on the recent SMR disk controversy - Similar Threads - Macrium's view recent

2. Gmail Controversy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail Controversy: Hello,I am needing to verify my google account on my hp pavilion however I cannot find the code that it has been sending me. I have tried resending the code multiple times and I cannot use another account, please help.Thankyou....
  3. Gmail Controversy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail Controversy: Hello,I am needing to verify my google account on my hp pavilion however I cannot find the code that it has been sending me. I have tried resending the code multiple times and I cannot use another account, please help.Thankyou....
  4. Host Managed SMR Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Host Managed SMR Drives: Does Windows 10 support host managed SMR hard drives? What happens if I try to attach a HM-SMR drive to my computer and reinstall windows? If not as a OS boot drive, can I attach it as a secondary data drive?...
  5. Recently Viewed Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recently Viewed Files: Hello, Today I have witnessed a RTC/road rage incident whereby the male has driven off without providing details. Police have been contacted and I have made them aware that...
  6. Macrium Free disk imaging

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Free disk imaging: Ok, using a Macrium made boot USB I can create an image of my boot SSD (all partitions needed to boot Windows), to any other attached disk, this works perfectly. My question is about using Macrium while in Windows, is the disk image made this way identical to the image made...
  7. Macrium and Linux Disks cloning

Macrium and Linux Disks cloning: Hi folks just in case some people don't realize it but it's 100% possible to clone Linux formatted HDD's / SSD'swith Macrium (from within Windows too --you don't need o use rthe stand alone program). Ensure though when you attach the Linux drives / SSD's you ignore Windows...
  8. Macrium Disk not found

Macrium Disk not found: Keep getting this error for Disk 4 not found. I don't have a disk 4, but, why is it searching for one? Destinations go to disk 3 D: without issue 70259
  9. Imaging a disk with macrium

Imaging a disk with macrium: I have tried several times to make an image of a windows 7 disk.. Using macrium reflect and it just won't do it. It says can't make an image of this disk.. no reason given. On the same computer with another disk that has windows 10, it works just fine, i can image it ok....
  10. Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...

Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...: I finally persuaded my friend to start performing Backups (using Macrium Reflect Free). However, I'm confused about the large number of partitions showing on his system- see the attached screenshot. The backup runs successfully, but I wondered if anyone could explain...