Windows 10: Macros Crashing Upon Create in Word and Excel

Discus and support Macros Crashing Upon Create in Word and Excel in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I hit Create when trying to create a macro in Excel or Word, the application crashing. It just closes. Sometimes it'll reopen and sometime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by krisjones4, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Macros Crashing Upon Create in Word and Excel

Every time I hit Create when trying to create a macro in Excel or Word, the application crashing. It just closes. Sometimes it'll reopen and sometime it won't. I've tried every setting possible in order to fix but nothing works.

I tried customer support about 50 times and WHAT a USELESS EXERCISE THAT WAS! I am EXHAUSTED after having been switched around in circles only be told the same thing over and over again. No one has, can or will helped me. Agents have been remoting into my PC, making a bunch of unnecessary changes including going into my inbox in Outlook!!!! -that result in NO HELP AT ALL.

I'm so frustrated I could just scream.

:)

krisjones4, Apr 18, 2019
  2. Nit_93 Win User

excel to word conversion using macro

Hi Microsoft

I need to know how to convert an excel sheet in a workbook to a word document using macros

Nit_93, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Saxon Win User
    Problem with Excel macro to open Word files

I am having a problem with an Excel macro which opens Word files. The macro opens the files OK but sometimes the file is not visible; instead, it is hidden in the window behind the Excel Workbook and the Word icon on the taskbar flashes to show that the file is open. I want the Word file to appear visible on-screen automatically without my having to click on the taskbar.

The relevant part of the macro is:

Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")
    With objWord
    .Documents.Open DocsFullPath(i)
    .Visible = True
    .Activate
    .Application.WindowState = 1
    .ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Zoom.Percentage = 100
    End With
    GoTo Finish

Can anyone help me resolve this? It's been driving me mad!

Saxon, Apr 18, 2019
  4. AvisBang Win User

Macros Crashing Upon Create in Word and Excel

Excel 2016(Macro enabled) crashes on closing for the first instance?

Hi,

I am trying to launch an excel which have macros enabled. Below are the steps to show where I am facing this issue.

Using c++ code I am launching excel, Once the excel is opened, got a pop up "to enable macro's or disable macro's". I clicked on Enable macro and then a child excel window is opened where I could see my data been written. Now I closed child excel, as per
    my understanding the parent also should get closed,but it is not getting closed and now if I click on [X] button of the excel it asks for "Save" "Don't Save" & "Cancel". If click on "Don't save" it is simply crashing and restarting the excel and after restart
    of the excel if I close then it is not crashing.

When I see the event log I found this error:

Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 16.0.4480.1000, time stamp: 0x5847b92e

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10240.17184, time stamp: 0x580ee54f

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x000d62ac

Faulting process id: 0x2064

Could anyone please help me in resolving this issue.

Regards

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

AvisBang, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

Macros Crashing Upon Create in Word and Excel

1. Macros Crashing Upon Create in Word and Excel - Similar Threads - Macros Crashing Upon

2. Creating a macro with Office 365 - Excel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating a macro with Office 365 - Excel: I created a macro about 2012 for a charity using Excel 2010. It still runs but I now need to create a similar macro for a second charity. As I am not a coder I used the easy process of recording my actions in 2012. I upgraded my PC last year with Office 365 Premium. The...
  3. Excel macro, if Excel gets the focus.?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel macro, if Excel gets the focus.?: So I want the macro to start immediately when I switch to Excel from another application with <alt>+<tab>. Excel-Makro, wenn Excel den Focus bekommt.?
  4. How Can I get macros to work in Excel and Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How Can I get macros to work in Excel and Word: I'm using personal individual Office 365 and every time I try to create a macro, the application closes. What setting changes do I need to make so that macros will work?...
  5. Developer tab missing to create Macros in word 2016

Developer tab missing to create Macros in word 2016: have enabled macros in the trust Center. I've had no troubles regarding Excel ; it's only with word 2016. 130914
  6. Developer tab missing to create Macros in word 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Developer tab missing to create Macros in word 2016: have enabled macros in the trust Center. I've had no troubles regarding Excel ; it's only with word 2016. 130914
  7. Problem with Excel macro to open Word files

Problem with Excel macro to open Word files: I am having a problem with an Excel macro which opens Word files. The macro opens the files OK but sometimes the file is not visible; instead, it is hidden in the window behind the Excel Workbook and the Word icon on the taskbar flashes to show that the file is open. I want...
  8. Problem with Excel macro to open Word files

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Excel macro to open Word files: I am having a problem with an Excel macro which opens Word files. The macro opens the files OK but sometimes the file is not visible; instead, it is hidden in the window behind the Excel Workbook and the Word icon on the taskbar flashes to show that the file is open. I want...
  9. Word 2013 won't create a macro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word 2013 won't create a macro: I've a new installation of Office 2013, but I can't create any macros. It goes back to the document. Event viewer tells me the faulting module is VBE7.DLL. Exception Code 0xc0000005 I've tried to open Word in safe mode, but it's no good. Just for fun I looked in the...
  10. Creating macros

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creating macros: I know macros are rarely used anymore, but I want to use macro to record and replay email address that I',m sick of typing. So, using small program named TINY TASK, I create the macro but don't know how to assign it to a key on keyboard (generic, as I just spilled coffee in...