Windows 10: Made a HDD partition 1-2 yr ago. Now I want it gone.

Discus and support Made a HDD partition 1-2 yr ago. Now I want it gone. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Quick story: Dual boot linux partition created I never used. I want it gone and HD back to normal: Long story: So, about 2 years ago, I had a great... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tonys317, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Tonys317 Win User

Made a HDD partition 1-2 yr ago. Now I want it gone.

Quick story: Dual boot linux partition created I never used. I want it gone and HD back to normal:

Long story: So, about 2 years ago, I had a great idea I was going to dual boot Lunix. It worked for a bit then something went wrong. I did something with my disk partition. I dedicated a large part of the drive only to Linux. I have more than enough drive space, it never interfered with anything. Still does not. But now I would like to reclaim that space to be part of my hard drive. How do I wipe out the partition I created and reclaim that disk space? Like I mentioned, I have no idea how I did it. I followed a Wikihow or similar article. Now I want that partition gone and things to go back to "normal". I looked on the net found lots of advice. Though all steps are a bit different. They do not mention dual OS. So, I am asking the pros. Do I need to do anything Specific?

:)

Tonys317, Aug 27, 2016

2. Re- image your computer : Error 0x80780043

I tried the mentioned steps but issue is not solved.

Issue 1: I have a new hdd (MBR partition ) with nothing on it. I made a recovery drive using windows 10. Then I used troubleshoot options to recover laptop through system image which is in other hdd(GPT partition ). When I click yes to recover
    the above error appears again.

Issue 2 : Also I want to know can I restore new hdd with system image on new hdd itself or I need to save it on external hdd ?

Please suggest for above 2 issues.

Yudhister1, Aug 27, 2016
  3. Deniz1433 Win User
    System recovery from recovery partition using cmd

I am going the lose my data anyways, the thing that I am concerned about is that I tried doing a clean Windows reinstall and it asked me to choose which partition/disk I wanted to install it to. I can just delete all the partitions and reinstall on the
    1 big partition but I want to split it again into 5 partitions when I first bought the computer. Right now 1 partition (128MB) is MSR reserved, 2 partitions are for recovery (450MB and other 850MB) [Is it normal for it to have 2 recovery partitions?] 1 partition
    (99MB) is for system and then 1 partition (930GB) for main. After deleting them, how can I assign them the same jobs? And will my computer be able to run on this HDD without the HDD drivers because I'll be deleting them too (?).

Deniz1433, Aug 27, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Hi there.

Ordinarily I would have suggested using disk manager to remove it but because its a linux partition, Windows won't see it. You can use a gparted live cd to redo the partitions. I would back up any important before doing this.

swarfega, Aug 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Made a HDD partition 1-2 yr ago. Now I want it gone. - Similar Threads - Made HDD partition

2. Deleted partition on HDD while trying to adjust the partition size, the hdd now shows as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted partition on HDD while trying to adjust the partition size, the hdd now shows as...: Some Info - I have two HDDs, both of them had unallocated space The issue is with HDD1I tried to expand the volume of a local disc in HDD1 using windows partition manager, in the options I selected all and it assigned the unallocated space of both HDDs to the specified...
  3. Deleted partition on HDD while trying to adjust the partition size, the hdd now shows as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted partition on HDD while trying to adjust the partition size, the hdd now shows as...: Some Info - I have two HDDs, both of them had unallocated space The issue is with HDD1I tried to expand the volume of a local disc in HDD1 using windows partition manager, in the options I selected all and it assigned the unallocated space of both HDDs to the specified...
  4. 2 Recovery Partitions: OK to Delete 1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Recovery Partitions: OK to Delete 1?: I cloned my 1TB HDD onto a new 2 TB SSD, and now I have a Recovery Partition on each drive and ~900 of Unallocated space on the SSD separated from the letter drive by 1 of the recovery partitions. Can I delete the SSD Recovery Partition in order to extend the new drive into...
  5. 2 Recovery Partitions: OK to Delete 1?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 Recovery Partitions: OK to Delete 1?: I cloned my 1TB HDD onto a new 2 TB SSD, and now I have a Recovery Partition on each drive and ~900 of Unallocated space on the SSD separated from the letter drive by 1 of the recovery partitions. Can I delete the SSD Recovery Partition in order to extend the new drive into...
  6. 2 Drives now 1!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 Drives now 1!: I have 2 identical 500GB drives. They showed up as 2 separate drives until recently. Now the second drive is showing up as part of my C: drive. What did I do and how can I get it back to show as 2 drives? The second drive shows up as "Healthy Recovery Partition" in Disk...
  7. HDD refusing to fuse 2 partition together.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD refusing to fuse 2 partition together.: On short: Disk had 3 partitions, deleted all 3, 2 of them refuse to stitch together, tried both new volume and extend volume, but extend volume converts to dynamic volume then spits out insufficient disk space. Full story: Hi, I have recently encountered a problem with my 4...
  8. Hard Drive seems corrupt. 1 Partition now showing now as 2 Partitions?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive seems corrupt. 1 Partition now showing now as 2 Partitions?: Hello Short story. Western Digital Elements Drive 3TB use for back up and today wouldn't power. Swapped all cables no luck. Removed hard drive from Caddy housing and mounted in rig direct to motherboard. The hard drive is readable but appears something has happened to...
  9. Want 1 click instead of 2..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Want 1 click instead of 2..: I reinstalled Win10 today and now I have lost my 1only mouse click and have to click 2 times. I can't for the life of me find the setting to change that. Anyone please. 65179
  10. Performance: 2 HDD VS 2 Partitions in 1 HDD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance: 2 HDD VS 2 Partitions in 1 HDD: I have C: for OS, D: for my documents. I use for game dev, mostly using Phoshop, Unity Which one of the follow options have better performance? 2 HDD (1 for OS, 1 for documents) 1 HDD 2 Partitions (1 for OS, 1 for documents) 62047

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80780043