Windows 10: Made a new PC. Can't log in to my account or active windows

Discus and support Made a new PC. Can't log in to my account or active windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I made an install boot usb. Used it. Had no internet on load because I had to install motherboard drivers after so windows forced me to make an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Psygnosis99, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Made a new PC. Can't log in to my account or active windows

I made an install boot usb. Used it. Had no internet on load because I had to install motherboard drivers after so windows forced me to make an account. After I connected I tried to log into my Microsoft account to activate windows. After I used my authentication app it asked for my password. It said my Microsoft password was wrong and forced me to use my new local password I made. What?? Please help

:)

Psygnosis99, Feb 5, 2023
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

Windows 10 Im unable to log into account Only temporary account available

Hi Andy,

To address your concern regarding account issues in Windows 10, we recommend creating a new user account using the hidden administrator account. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (admin).
    • Type net user administrator /active: yes (Note: There is a space after "/" and ":").

After performing the steps above, log out to your current account, then log in to the hidden administrator. Next, create a new user account by following these steps:

• Click the Windows Menu, type Settings, and press
      Enter.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Click Family & other people tab.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC, and follow the onscreen instructions.

We'll be here if you need more help.

Ralph Sta, Feb 5, 2023
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Feb 5, 2023
  4. Made a new PC. Can't log in to my account or active windows

Can't Log into New Account | Windows 10

Hi Sami,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

This behavior occurs because the account that you use to log on to the computer is a member of one or more of the following groups:

I suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Step 1: Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Step 2: Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to add a family account.Once you add the account deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Method 2:To fix the user account profile,
    Run the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

Made a new PC. Can't log in to my account or active windows

1. Made a new PC. Can't log in to my account or active windows - Similar Threads - Made Can't log

2. New account log in button does not work to log into new account i just made

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New account log in button does not work to log into new account i just made: I created a new user, but at the start up page, it doesn't show a login option for the new user. It shows the new log in email and the button to log in, but when i click on the button, nothing happens. Therefor I cannot log in to the new user I made. what's going on?...
  3. New account log in button does not work to log into new account i just made

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New account log in button does not work to log into new account i just made: I created a new user, but at the start up page, it doesn't show a login option for the new user. It shows the new log in email and the button to log in, but when i click on the button, nothing happens. Therefor I cannot log in to the new user I made. what's going on?...
  4. Can't log in my pc account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in my pc account: Hi. So I did a reset for pc, and after that I get this message when I turn the pc on "profsvc service failed the sign in". The fact that this is windows reset and it gives me this error is very frustrating. I have already tried safe mode but the pc doesn't load up, it just...
  5. Can't log in my pc account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in my pc account: Hi. So I did a reset for pc, and after that I get this message when I turn the pc on "profsvc service failed the sign in". The fact that this is windows reset and it gives me this error is very frustrating. I have already tried safe mode but the pc doesn't load up, it just...
  6. Can't log in my pc account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Made a new PC. Can't log in to my account or active windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Made a new PC. Can't log in to my account or active windows: I made an install boot usb. Used it. Had no internet on load because I had to install motherboard drivers after so windows forced me to make an account. After I connected I tried to log into my Microsoft account to activate windows. After I used my authentication app it asked...
  8. Made a new PC. Can't log in to my account or active windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Made a new PC. Can't log in to my account or active windows: I made an install boot usb. Used it. Had no internet on load because I had to install motherboard drivers after so windows forced me to make an account. After I connected I tried to log into my Microsoft account to activate windows. After I used my authentication app it asked...
  9. Can't Log Into the Local Account made on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Log Into the Local Account made on Windows 10: So, I just formatted my PC and got it back up to date, and got help from another person on this forum but he concluded I should get more help so here i am. My issue is: I want to create a local account since windows forced me to log in with a domain account when i...
  10. Can't log into my PC account!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't log into my PC account!: I updated my edition of Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) to the Windows 10 Technical Preview. After using it for a few days, I was unable to log into my regular account (Which had all of my windows 7 files) because it wouldn't show up in the log in list. It told me to instead log...