Windows 10: Made by you - Microsoft Edge feedback in Windows 10

Discus and support Made by you - Microsoft Edge feedback in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 38329 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Made by you - Microsoft Edge feedback in Windows 10

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

:)

Brink, Jan 22, 2016
  2. b283s Win User

****WARNING THRESHOLD 2 CORRUPTS your PC and You may not know it****

Microsoft Engineer -you missed what Judithdrive was saying and what the thread is about. It is not an enhancement to get a working piece of software nor beyond expectations that an update does not corrupt your machine. She wrote an excellent response to
    something caused by Microsoft. In addition the feedback for Windows 10 is accessed from Edge. The
    Feedback App is an app in the Microsoft store not made by Microsoft.

b283s, Jan 22, 2016
  3. IE 11 Search in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

I would like to inform that Microsoft Edge is the default search engine set by default for search the web option in the Search box. No changes can be made for the same. So, I suggest you to provide a feedback using the Feedback App which will be looked into
    by the developers and necessary changes will be made in the release of future Windows 10 updates.

Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 22, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

After reading it in the Insider Hub(for non insiders turn it on in Settings app>>Apps & Features>>Manage Optional Features>>Add A Feature), I came away with the feeling, that for Edge, they purposefully started with a "browser skeleton" and are then only putting in features that the majority of Microsoft browser users want, and not any excess junk. Said instead of copying an existing browser(you want it install it) they are creating one for the average and advanced user.

As much as I love Internet Explorer, to truly set it up to be safe, it is a complicated task(managing per site privacy, security zones, pop-up blocker setting exceptions, and protection settings). And IE had a lot of features, that I and probably the majority of users don't use, which can cause crashes & freezes.

Long post- short: Edge is being designed to Search & Consume(not Seek & Destroy*Wink), which is basically what most users only want to do*Smile

Cliff S, Jan 22, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    I can understand what MS is trying to do. For me I doubt it's going to change my mind about my default browser. Just because it's what the majority wants doesn't mean it's what I want. I'd rather have the ability to customize it the way I want with add-ons.

Winuser, Jan 22, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    I never really had a "default browser"*Smile Just a core group of four that I use*Redface

Cliff S, Jan 22, 2016
  7. zooburner Win User
    I thought you had to set a 'default' .. maybe I'm mistaken or maybe if you choose none as default it asks every time you want to open anything web based ?

zooburner, Jan 23, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

The "System" has a default, but "I" don't*Wink I use the browser I need to use at the moment.

Cliff S, Jan 23, 2016
  9. Winuser Win User
    When it comes to browsers It's darn near impossible to get me to change. I'd still be using Netscape if it wasn't discontinued. *Smile

Winuser, Jan 23, 2016
  10. Edge used to allow us to give feedback without having to open a Microsoft account. Now, you can't give feedback unless you have a Microsoft account. Bad move on their part, IMO.

AllenChicago, Jan 23, 2016
  11. Fafhrd Win User
    It seems it can all be summed up with "folk don't like change - keep feeding 'em the same old stuff, and they'll be happy!"

Now, if MS learned that lesson from their user base, there'd be a MS "Skins" division, from where users would have the pleasure of buying their favourite Windows UI front end shell - a Windows 7 lookalike for most, XP-ish for some, etc., to disguise their latest unnumbered Windows update build release and any other MS desktop software products with unwanted modern features.

Of course, retro-style fashion does not suit everyone. More esoteric modifications - in-house company branding, advertising-sponsored Windows UIs to allow cheaper hardware sales, exotic variants, unofficial or approved copies of other OS interfaces, living or dead, could be made by developers with access to the Windows "Skins" API. It could open up a whole new avenue of computer-based fun and industry.

Fafhrd, Jan 23, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Ahhhhhh! You're speaking my language now*chuckle

Cliff S, Jan 23, 2016
  13. iamc3k Win User

I agree: having to use an MS account to provide feedback is not conducive to getting feedback.

1. It's another step I have to take to improve THEIR product.
    2. I don't remember my account details.
    3. I have multiple accounts in my household. It's always a pita to figure out which account to use.
    4. If I identify myself via my account, and then give constant negative feedback, will I get retaliated against?

I don't care if none of the above are YOUR concerns, no organization truly interested in improvement would put roadblocks in the path of volunteers.

Too bad.

Back to my Chrome powered browsing. (Which I hate, due to Google being so invasive.)

iamc3k, Jan 23, 2016
  14. Uilly Win User
    Netscape.N was good browser...

You would think with Microsoft's twenty odd years experience of making browsers, and thirty years in the PC business that
    they would know by now how to design a decent browser. I.E was launched long before either FF or Chrome ... Chrome is
    just a youngster compared to I.E, being first released in 2008 (Firefox is not much older than Chrome).

Firefox has been my default since 2002, and I have recently added Opera as an alternative. Will never use I.E or its
    successor, as my experience of MS over the years, is to avoid their efforts in designing a usable browser.

Uilly, Jan 23, 2016
  15. Hopachi Win User
    Speaking from the web development side: One default browser doesn't exist anymore. You need at least 4 major ones for testing. Default messages? "don't ask again" checkbox and... silence. Default will be the one that scores the best in the HTML5 test. *Cool

Hopachi, Jan 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Made by you - Microsoft Edge feedback in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Made Microsoft Edge

2. OneDrive, Windows 10 and 11 Microsoft Edge personal feedback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive, Windows 10 and 11 Microsoft Edge personal feedback: Thank you for making OneDrive but honestly I hate it pop a lot of times and disturb my concentration on my work. I think not all windows user needs a service like this. I don't use any clouds server, cause its too bothersome sometimes to remember passwords and emails you...
  3. OneDrive, Windows 10 and 11 Microsoft Edge personal feedback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive, Windows 10 and 11 Microsoft Edge personal feedback: Thank you for making OneDrive but honestly I hate it pop a lot of times and disturb my concentration on my work. I think not all windows user needs a service like this. I don't use any clouds server, cause its too bothersome sometimes to remember passwords and emails you...
  4. OneDrive, Windows 10 and 11 Microsoft Edge personal feedback

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Edge BETA feedback question

in Browsers and Email
    Edge BETA feedback question: Edge BETA browser I want to include a screenshot in the feedback area. I already sent one screenshot, but now I want to send a different screenshot, but I can not figure out how to clear the current picture. Edit only lets me crop it. How do I do it? 145928
  6. Edge BETA feedback question

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge BETA feedback question: Edge BETA browser I want to include a screenshot in the feedback area. I already sent one screenshot, but now I want to send a different screenshot, but I can not figure out how to clear the current picture. Edit only lets me crop it. How do I do it? 145928
  7. Microsoft Edge, Contact Support, Feedback - change name

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge, Contact Support, Feedback - change name: Dear Friends I would like to change name of shortcuts: Microsoft Edge, Contact Support and Feedback. Are there any chances to do that? Any location for those shortcuts? I have also found, how to uninstall it from Windows 10, but their shortcuts are still available under...
  8. Made By You - Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Made By You - Microsoft Edge: Greetings Insiders! The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is packed with new features and improvements to Microsoft Edge. As we followed Windows Insider feedback on these updates, it was so great to see so many Windows Insiders as passionate as we are about the browser...
  9. Made by You - Evolving Windows 10 Shell based on your feedback

in Windows 10 News
    Made by You - Evolving Windows 10 Shell based on your feedback: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 42242
  10. Send Feedback to Microsoft in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send Feedback to Microsoft in Windows 10: How to: Send Feedback to Microsoft in Windows 10 How to Send Feedback to Microsoft in Windows 10 You can use the Feedback Hub app to help Microsoft make Windows better! Provide feedback about Windows and apps by sharing your suggestions or problems. If you want to be...