Windows 10: Made error in setting backup to Dive E:

Discus and support Made error in setting backup to Dive E: in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I made an error in setting backup to drive E: My questions are as follow - is it possible to switch it to Drive C: instead? -how to set up a full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by [AL], Oct 20, 2018.

1. [AL] Win User

Made error in setting backup to Dive E:

I made an error in setting backup to drive E: My questions are as follow

- is it possible to switch it to Drive C: instead?

-how to set up a full system backup into the same laptop. I believe it is call Drive (CMade error in setting backup to Dive E: :). Can it be done?

:)

2. Setting up a fileserver - help and backup method/recommendations

I'm setting up a basic Windows fileserver to replace a Linkstation NAS. It is a relatively low use/demand, with not more than 50 new or editted files per day, not more than 50MB of changed, and 5MB of new material per day, on average.

The main HDD (640GB) is as follows:

C:\ system partition 20GB
    D:\ data drive, requiring frequent backup 300GB
    E:\ data drive, requiring occasional backup 300GB

I'm looking for advice/suggestions on a suitable data security / backup / recovery method.

My initial thoughts are the following:

1/ Set up Volume Shadow Services to maintain a daily file-copy on the main HDD, which provides rollback to the user in the case of basic file management mistakes
    2/ Install a second HDD (also 640GB) on the machine
    3/ Run Cobian backup to make a copy of the D and E drives on to the second HDD. There would be a full backup once per month, plus a differential backup done daily at 2am.

Is this a good setup? Any other ideas? Suggestions welcome and appreciated.

I have also seen Acronis Backup & Recovery, but this is too expensive. Looking for cheap but effective solutions. Can spend to a small budget, but not hundreds.

Completely Bonkers, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Bokenzhe Win User

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Get Backup Errors - Third Try Didn't Work

This is my third try for help.

I've enclosed my problem, the steps suggested which I performed, and current status.

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

You had this question

• Made error in setting backup to Dive E: [​IMG]

DM

Divya M replied on

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Method 1Perform a Clean Boot to see if there is any software conflict as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow Step 7 from the link to return the computer toNormal startup mode.

Method 2: Run check disk to check for any errors.

Note: If any bad sectors are found in the hard drive then it might try to repair that particular sector. If you have any data on that, it might be lost.

You may also follow the below link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-backup-restore

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

-----------------------------------

Yes, I need more assistance.

I ran a disk check on both the source and destination drives for the backup. No errors.

I executed a clean boot. (I have left myself in the clean boot). It doesn't seem to work

I'm not sure to check whether it has worked, and I just couldn't tell. How do I confirm that the initial, image, backup has been completed?

The event viewer reports this error every time I attempt to manually initiate a backup:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 201.

I'm assuming that with this error, my backups are not being done.

Bokenzhe, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Made error in setting backup to Dive E: - Similar Threads - Made error setting

2. Backup in Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Backup in Settings: When I go Into Settings>Backup, to back on an external drive, t takes a long time to 'load'. I then select More Options which eventually 'loads' and then select Backup. Why is there a problem going to the page I want? Also when I put the USB for the external backup drive it...
  3. Backup in Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup in Settings: When I go Into Settings>Backup, to back on an external drive, t takes a long time to 'load'. I then select More Options which eventually 'loads' and then select Backup. Why is there a problem going to the page I want? Also when I put the USB for the external backup drive it...
  4. Backup e ripristino

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup e ripristino: Salve, volevo creare un immagine di sistema su usb, solo che mi dice che non è un percorso di backup valido.Come posso fare? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-e-ripristino/5e7b8209-938c-4d74-822d-db0171f2b348
  5. D drive and E Dive occuying 3 gb each

in Windows 10 Customization
    D drive and E Dive occuying 3 gb each: D drive and E Dive occuying 3 gb each but they are empty no this much size files were saved on any of these drives. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-and-e-dive-occuying-3-gb-each/8f7c58c6-8405-49ff-a6fb-253b67d7f162
  6. USB Dive E:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Dive E:: USB Dive E: detected but media, not recognized in Windows 10. I have tried everything up to changing the drive letter and path. This happens for various devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-dive-e/bed783d0-8c1c-40c3-8476-d185952cd8ac
  7. Backup recommendation: Documents from C: to E:, then backup D: to E:

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup recommendation: Documents from C: to E:, then backup D: to E:: I am embarrassed to ask this basic question, but one day the train blew by me and i am still standing on the platform... Running W10 Preview, so whatever is the latest release. I finally got a new 1TB HDD and wish to properly implement back-ups of my files. I have: C: a...
  8. Backup drive e

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup drive e: I have inserted a formatted DVD+RW disk in my drive e on my hp pavilion all-in-one. When in settings>backup>add a device it states not usable device found. How can I get it to find my drive e to use the disk as a daily backup for my files?...
  9. Backup Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup Settings: On June 28th the drive that contains the backup for all my "C" drive was nearly full so I formatted the drive, then set the backup to run daily and to keep the backups for 1 month. Here it is August 18 and back still runs to the backup drive. I "Assumed" that the backup...
  10. Backup Settings

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Settings: Is there a way to backup Display Brightness settings, including the ones in Control Panel? 67849