Windows 10: Made some...minor...changes to BIOS...now PC won't boot!!

Discus and support Made some...minor...changes to BIOS...now PC won't boot!! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi PC was working pretty flawlessly, but I wanted to get rid of the MSI logo on boot-up! Went into Bios as usual....and switched off logo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KevConlon, Jan 14, 2019.

1. KevConlon Win User

Made some...minor...changes to BIOS...now PC won't boot!!

Hi

1. PC was working pretty flawlessly, but I wanted to get rid of the MSI logo on boot-up!
    2. Went into Bios as usual....and switched off logo
    3. Also...disabled on board HD audio (as an experiment!) as I use an NVidia 1050ti for audio and video.
    4. Saved changes...and attempted to exit/restart

....now PC power light comes on...and screen remains black...cursor(white) in top left corner.

In this state...PC will not power down

Pressing re-start takes me back to same state

Only switching OFF power has any effect.... Made some...minor...changes to BIOS...now PC won't boot!! :(

System is built in MSI B360M Bazooka....latest BIOS...i5/8400.

Please help!!!!!

:)

KevConlon, Jan 14, 2019
  2. scraff Win User

My pc won´t boot Windows 10 from USB/DVD

So I wanted to change from my Windows 10 x32 bits to 64x. I downloaded the Mediacreationtool and used it in both a USB and a DVD. Tried used the usb, the disk and both at the same time but they won´t boot.

I have a P7H55-M motherboard, the BIOS is updated and configured to boot first DVD, second usb and third SATA.

So if someone could help me it´d be great.

scraff, Jan 14, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

Made some...minor...changes to BIOS...now PC won't boot!! [​IMG]

zbook, Jan 14, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Which steps did you perform? Was this from a clean boot?
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste this command: shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
    It will boot to the recovery options or windows advanced troubleshooting menu.
    Click troubleshooting and click reset this computer. You will be saving files. Applications and programs will be removed. Windows will be reinstalled.
    Enter your windows logon password.
    You will see getting things ready with rotating dots.
    Click resetting this PC.
    It will then display the HP logo with resetting this PC with rotating dots and a percentage.

zbook, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Made some...minor...changes to BIOS...now PC won't boot!! - Similar Threads - Made minor changes

2. Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot: I changed my ssd from mbr to gpt in order to be able to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11. While in uefi boot mode my ssd is not showing up in boot priority and i can not boot windows. I have an asus motherboard, amd cpu and amd gpu. The ssd is a samsung 850 evo m.2...
  3. Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot: I changed my ssd from mbr to gpt in order to be able to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11. While in uefi boot mode my ssd is not showing up in boot priority and i can not boot windows. I have an asus motherboard, amd cpu and amd gpu. The ssd is a samsung 850 evo m.2...
  4. Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I changed number of cores in Msconfig and now my pc won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I changed number of cores in Msconfig and now my pc won't boot: Hi Team, I changed the number of cores on my cpu in my Msconfig after a stupid suggestion and now my pc will not start. It says automatic repair can't repair your pc and the only option I have is to go to advanced options. Can someone please help me with this, I presume it...
  6. Deleted some system folders. Now Windows won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted some system folders. Now Windows won't boot: Hello, I'm in a bit of a predicament. Would be glad if someone could help me out. I got a Windows Update about a week ago. Due to some circumstances I decided to uninstall the update today details aren't relevant here. However, it kept showing an error while trying to...
  7. Some minor issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Some minor issues: I just upgraded to an asus gtx 1650 super graphics card and encounter some issues. 1) The night light in display setting can't work. 2) In device manager, under other devices, there is a pci device coming out of nowhere which doesn't have a driver for it. 3) When installing...
  8. PC won't boot or re-boot properly - perhaps a BIOS issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't boot or re-boot properly - perhaps a BIOS issue?: I performed a Clean Install to solve this issue - but it wasn't solved. When I boot, I have two options: 1. Windows 10 2. Macrium Reflect PE Environment Sometimes I get an "Invalid Partition Table" error. Sometimes it will only boot to the Macrium Reflect PE Environment...
  9. PC crashes and changes BIOS boot options.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes and changes BIOS boot options.: I have had my PC for about 5 years, and it just started some of its first reoccurring erratic behavior. It seems now that, at random, the PC will freeze and flash the blue screen then shut down. It does it so fast that I can never see the error code. When I go to boot it...
  10. HELP ME made changes and PC will not boot

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP ME made changes and PC will not boot: First I found an option in the BIOS which said ultrafast boot, was set to normal.. thoughts thats a good idea si chose that... then looking to improve the performance found an option to,unlock the cpu cores, which i did, now when Imreboot imget the mesage " reboot...