Windows 10: Made the entire C drive the pictures folder

Discus and support Made the entire C drive the pictures folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, So I have accidentally made the entire C drive the my pictures folder, so the typical C drive folders such as 'users' are now mixed in with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/enthusiasticRabbit, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Made the entire C drive the pictures folder

Hi,

So I have accidentally made the entire C drive the my pictures folder, so the typical C drive folders such as 'users' are now mixed in with my photos. How can I undo this change without preventing any issues with windows as I believe when you change the location of the pictures folder all its contents get moved, which in this case would also include all of the windows files.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/enthusiasticRabbit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/enthusiasticRabbit, Mar 8, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Pictures in Windows 10

Hi Sugar,

Apologize for the late reply.

Are you able to find other files and folders on Windows 10?

I suggest you to have a look for Windows 8.1 pictures in Windows.old folder.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + E keys to open Windows explorer
    • Press C:\ Drive
    • under C: drive look for Windows.old folder
    • open users under Windows.old

Try the search for pictures in here.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Mar 8, 2021
  4. 2pacaveli Win User

Made the entire C drive the pictures folder

Accidentally merged user pictures folder with (GMade the entire C drive the pictures folder :) drive.

Thank you for your reply. The problem is when I relocated the user Pictures folder to G drive I never created a folder for it inside G drive, so it's now the entire G drive and the pictures folder and videos folder got merged with the drive itself. Check the last screenshot from my IMGUR link and compare that to step 3 from the option one tutorial you linked. When I try to click revert to default location I'm afraid it will move my entire G drive and its contents to the C:/User/example/Pictures.

- - - Updated - - -

I've moved shared Pictures folder to another drive but didn't name it Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    I found someone with the same problem as mine and you told them to do the same thing and it worked for them. I should trust your expertise and try it then.

2pacaveli, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Made the entire C drive the pictures folder

1. Made the entire C drive the pictures folder - Similar Threads - Made entire drive

2. I have a folder in my one drive folders that is entirely blue. The entire folder icon is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a folder in my one drive folders that is entirely blue. The entire folder icon is...: I have a folder in my one drive folders that is entirely blue. The entire folder icon is blue. What is all that about? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-folder-in-my-one-drive-folders-that-is/8c3d9e54-4954-415b-bfb4-8a9833e5c952
  3. I have a folder in my one drive folders that is entirely blue. The entire folder icon is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a folder in my one drive folders that is entirely blue. The entire folder icon is...: I have a folder in my one drive folders that is entirely blue. The entire folder icon is blue. What is all that about? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-folder-in-my-one-drive-folders-that-is/8c3d9e54-4954-415b-bfb4-8a9833e5c952
  4. I have a folder in my one drive folders that is entirely blue. The entire folder icon is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Accidentally made my Pictures into the entire D Drive

Accidentally made my Pictures into the entire D Drive: My entire D drive is now also my Pictures and I can't separate them. Help is greatly appreciated in making my D drive and Pictures separate once again....
  6. Accidentally made my Pictures into the entire D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally made my Pictures into the entire D Drive: My entire D drive is now also my Pictures and I can't separate them. Help is greatly appreciated in making my D drive and Pictures separate once again....
  7. Accidentally made my Pictures into the entire D Drive

8. Picture Folder in One Drive

Picture Folder in One Drive: Hi, When I saved all my pictures within One Drive, why another folder named "Picture" automatically created outside One Drive in "My Documents"? Both contents are same; but if I delete Picture folder in "My Documents", inside "One Drive" also it is getting deleted. How can I...
  9. Changing location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive

Changing location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive: I want the OneDrive to backup pictures from my d drive rather than my c drive. when I click location for my one drive pictures and try and change it I get the following error message Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same directory that can't be...
  10. WindowsTool_Install folder on my C: drive with entire Windows 7 on it.

WindowsTool_Install folder on my C: drive with entire Windows 7 on it.: Hello. So I was cleaning my C: drive, when I saw the WindowsTool_Install folder. It's odd because size of it is 10,9 GB, but "size on disk" is only 311 MB. Also when I open this folder I see like I was in another C: drive- There are PerfLogs, Program Files, Program...