Windows 10: Made the mistake of moving the documents folder.

Discus and support Made the mistake of moving the documents folder. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I built my first desktop the other day and I'm using an SSD and mechanical hard drive. I was looking up how to change the location of the documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thedoorsajar, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Made the mistake of moving the documents folder.

I built my first desktop the other day and I'm using an SSD and mechanical hard drive. I was looking up how to change the location of the documents folder so it's not on the SSD and put onto the mechanical hard drive. I thought I was doing everything correctly but did not create a separate documents folder before transferring the original documents folder onto the hard drive. Will this cause an issue in the future? I tried putting the documents folder back on the SSD but now it tries to move the entire hard drive into the SSD. I'm still fairly new to doing stuff like this. Thank you!

submitted by /u/thedoorsajar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thedoorsajar, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Suddenly, Documents folder has moved to Downloads

We appreciate the details you've provided. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to move your Documents Folder Location in Windows 10:

• You need to create a new folder named Documents at the location you want to move your personal Documents folder.
    • Press Win + E to open File Explorer, right-click
      Documents, and select Properties.
    • Select the Location tab and click the Move button.
    • Browse and select the new Documents folder at the location you want to move the folder Documents. Click the
      Select Folder.
    • Click OK to apply.
    • Click Yes to move all the files from the old location to the new location.
    • Your personal Documents folder and all of its contents will now be moved to the new location.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Made the mistake of moving the documents folder.

Suddenly, Documents folder has moved to Downloads

Hi,

One possible cause why your Documents folder suddenly moved to Downloads folder due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes aside from connecting to your university network?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to move it back?
    • Does this happen with Documents folder only or with other folders also?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Made the mistake of moving the documents folder.

1. Made the mistake of moving the documents folder. - Similar Threads - Made mistake moving

2. i made a big mistake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i made a big mistake: So, i installed windows 8 and thanks to windows 8 I am now stuck on the ethernet thing, and I don't think that windows 8 supports wireless when I click on connection it keeps on saying that no internet detected even though i have a Wi-Fi router in my mom's room Microsoft,...
  3. Made a mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Made a mistake: Dear Microsoft Support, I accidentally purchased an item in my app;" It is for Adobe that I was charged $ 107.99 today. I have not used it at all today. I am hoping to be able to ask for a refund. I did not know I had done so until I saw it pending at my Bank. When I saw it I...
  4. Made a mistake

Made a mistake: Dear Microsoft Support, I accidentally purchased an item in my app;" It is for Adobe that I was charged $ 107.99 today. I have not used it at all today. I am hoping to be able to ask for a refund. I did not know I had done so until I saw it pending at my Bank. When I saw it I...
  5. Made a mistake and redirected the Video's folder to OneDrive, now I can't move it back to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Made a mistake and redirected the Video's folder to OneDrive, now I can't move it back to...: I no longer have the "location" tab in the Personal Video folder. I was warned by windows not to redirect to onedrive folder, but I completed the process too quickly. is there any way to move the Personal Video folder back to default location?...
  6. Made a mistake and redirected the Video's folder to OneDrive, now I can't move it back to...

Made a mistake and redirected the Video's folder to OneDrive, now I can't move it back to...: I no longer have the "location" tab in the Personal Video folder. I was warned by windows not to redirect to onedrive folder, but I completed the process too quickly. is there any way to move the Personal Video folder back to default location?...
  7. I made a real mistake

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I made a real mistake: My computer is a, Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 I made a real mistake I decided to try windows 11 I wanted to do a dual boot but when I got done. I realized I screwed up and I went to windows 11 I don't really like it. With Windows 10 when you right click: copy paste new...
  8. mistake when moving downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mistake when moving downloads folder: recently I tried to move my downloads and pictures folder to drive D, but somehow I managed to move them to the same location.now whenever I try to move one of them including reset to old location, the other is moved as well.how can I separate them again?...
  9. Moving my Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving my Documents folder: Having an issue with space on my C:\ drive, so in Users\Tom\ right clicking on the Documents folder, clicking on the Location tab and selecting "Move". Filled in the new location N:\Users\Tom\Documents. System replied with a confirmation window confirming Old location and New...
  10. Made a Mistake with Python

Made a Mistake with Python: I had to install Python some time ago. I think it so I could use VeraCrypt. I do not remember which version of Python I installed or if it showed up in the app list in Settings. Yesterday, I decided to install DeDRM removal tools. One of them required Phyton and I...