Windows 10: MageUI successfully creates a manifest but mage.exe creates an invalid file

Discus and support MageUI successfully creates a manifest but mage.exe creates an invalid file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm replacing a dll needed by the application with an updated version. Then I need to update the application manifest. When using the UI, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kappa10j, Aug 3, 2020.

1. kappa10j Win User

MageUI successfully creates a manifest but mage.exe creates an invalid file

I'm replacing a dll needed by the application with an updated version. Then I need to update the application manifest. When using the UI, the application will run. The commandline creates an invalid manifest.

Scenario: clickonce application is structured as follows: -Directory containing full application --clickonceApp.application --VersionDirectory Versioned Folder ---clickonceApp.manifest ---dlls

Replace dll file
    From within VersionDirectory, Run mage.exe -update clickonceApp.manifest -FromDirectory .
    From Directory, Run mage.exe -update clickonceApp.application -appmanifest .\VersionDirectory\clickonceApp.manifest
    Application wont launch due to: The element 'dependentAssembly' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2' has invalid child element 'hash' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2'. List of possible elements expected: 'assemblyIdentity' in namespace 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2'.
    Launch MageUI using the same mage.exe
    Open clickonceApp.manifest
    On the files tab, click populate
    click save and accept the unsigned warning
    From Directory, Run mage.exe -update clickonceApp.application -appmanifest .\VersionDirectory\clickonceApp.manifest
    The application launches successfully
    Why is there a difference between mage and mageui? Open existing manifest

:)

kappa10j, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Flava0ne Win User

Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

Tried both of the VB Scripts that you provided and adding the 9 switch to the batch file but neither was able to create a shortcut to my desktop.

Flava0ne, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Creating massive VPN!! - school project

i am looking for any suggestions on the software used to create the network.

craigwhiteside, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Flava0ne Win User

Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

I've created a Batch file which calls on the following VB Script to be able to create a shortcut to my desktop:

VB Script (named createLink.vbs):
    Code: set objWSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") set objFso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") ' command line arguments ' TODO: error checking sShortcut = objWSHShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings(WScript.Arguments.Item(0)) sTargetPath = objWSHShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings(WScript.Arguments.Item(1)) sWorkingDirectory = objFso.GetAbsolutePathName(sShortcut) set objSC = objWSHShell.CreateShortcut(sShortcut) objSC.TargetPath = sTargetPath objSC.WorkingDirectory = sWorkingDirectory objSC.Save[/quote] Batch File Example (for Windows Notepad):
    Code: @Echo off cscript createLink.vbs "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Notepad.lnk" "C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe"[/quote] But after creating the shortcut using this method, I'm not able to assign a custom icon for the shortcut. I get the following error message when trying to do so:

MageUI successfully creates a manifest but mage.exe creates an invalid file Error503.jpg

Any help and ideas on what I need to put into the VB Script and/or Batch File to be able to do this would be greatly appreciated! *Big Grin MageUI successfully creates a manifest but mage.exe creates an invalid file :D

Also, I know that I can simply do this by going to Start Menu\All Programs\Accessories\ right-clicking on Notepad and selecting Send to\Desktop (create shortcut). Easy enough for creating a single shortcut. But I need to create several multiple shortcuts and using this Batch/VBS method would really save me a lot of time in doing so.

Flava0ne, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. MageUI successfully creates a manifest but mage.exe creates an invalid file - Similar Threads - MageUI successfully creates

2. manifest files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    manifest files: i recently accidently deleted some manifest files for adobe flash. Will this effect my computer? Possibly create errors? Or am I overeacting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manifest-files/75522568-c516-4c75-850d-7aa08085f67b
  3. Create .exe file at editor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create .exe file at editor?: Hello, dear people, i may make an exe file at editor in windows 10 but i don't know the code, can you help me? Love regards Jamie .exe datei bei editor erstellen?
  4. Application create automatically .exe file in windwos 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Application create automatically .exe file in windwos 10: I am using windows 10 1903 update, Whenever i try to install any application like a Adobe setup it dont run and it automatically create 2 file ( .exe) ( adobe setup?) . I need help i tried everything but still i get this problem please anybody help me . As soon as...
  5. how to enable Exe that their created files are listed in Recent Items

in Windows 10 Support
    how to enable Exe that their created files are listed in Recent Items: Hello! often I use "Recent Items" folder to see where files are created. But not all programs created files are listen there ( e.g. pycharm64.exe ) Is it possible to configure such programs, that they works a default? Thank you for tips 141535
  6. " Error creating temp. file " when downloading new .exe file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    " Error creating temp. file " when downloading new .exe file: I'm trying to download .exe file and getting message Error creating temp. file needed for download. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-creating-temp-file-when-downloading-new-exe/5df508a0-cce3-44a4-941a-1378e5cf83c8
  7. Unable to Run Own created exe file in other windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Run Own created exe file in other windows: Hi Sir/Madam, This is Devaraj Kanagaddi I am working as Software Developer. I located in southern part of INDIA. I implemented simple C++ program using Visual studio 2017 platform, In that i used threading and curl library. I Build my code with x64 in release mode. I...
  8. Creating an .exe file to run Micorosft Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Creating an .exe file to run Micorosft Edge.: I have a keyboard with a pad of 18 programmable keys. I use them to run various programs and commands like copy and paste, firefox, crome, Outlook, etc. I have been completely stumped trying to get Microsoft Edge to launch as there is no convenient Microsoft Edge.exe to be...
  9. How do I create an Extrenal Manifest

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I create an Extrenal Manifest: Hi - I am looking for some advice/help with external manifest an an app for Win 10. I wrote this app myself and all has been well until the recent MS spring update. Now I get a random crashes. Each crasj is accompanied by a SideBySide 78 Event Error in manifest or policy...
  10. Not able to launch certain .exe files with created .bat shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to launch certain .exe files with created .bat shortcuts: Hello, To be able to use custom tiles on the Start Menu, I make .bat files of .exe files to use them as shortcuts to launch the .exe files. I make the .bat file by opening Notepad, pasting the directory path of the .exe file in quotes, and then save it as a .bat file. This...