Windows 10: Magic Disappearing PC's

Discus and support Magic Disappearing PC's in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this trouble but it's been driving me NUTS! I have a number of PC's at home here (Mine, Workbench PC, Daughters... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Megabyte Doctor, May 12, 2020.

1. Magic Disappearing PC's

I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this trouble but it's been driving me NUTS!

I have a number of PC's at home here (Mine, Workbench PC, Daughters Laptop, Sons Desktop, Our Video PC hooked to the TV) and it seems that any PC which has been upgraded to W10 and fully updated magically disappears from out network.

I have tries NUMEROUS remidies for this and have had no lucl....UNTIL NOW!!!!

FIXED IT!!!!

So, jere was my fix.

Create a file in Notepad and enter the following lines into it:

net stop fdPHost /yes

net start FDResPub /yes

And then save it as a .BAT file so the system recognises it as a batch file.

I then create a shortcut and make sure it is run as an Administrator.

When you run this file it will then shut down and restart the two offending serviced.

THen when you go back and look at the network you are now visible and others can see files you have shared.

Magic Disappearing PC's :)

I also set this up in Task Scheduler so it runs, slightly delayed, as I log on.
    (I hate things that can be automatic NOT being automatic.)

Cheers all
    Magic Disappearing PC's :)

:)

Megabyte Doctor, May 12, 2020
  2. khoiwin Win User

(Nearly) All of my icons disappeared like magic

I just opened my laptop this morning and this happened. Any suggestions are welcome. I tried deleting the IconCache.db and restart my computer, I tried restoring, I tried to download the bat file and restarting my computer, but it does not work.

Magic Disappearing PC's [​IMG]

khoiwin, May 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and Magic Jack compatibility problem

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Sorry to know that the issue persists even after trying so many suggestions.

• What and all steps have you tried?
    • Do you face the same voice issue when you are using other apps?
    If it is the issue with Magic Jack, you need to contact Magic Jack support.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 12, 2020
  4. Magic Disappearing PC's

Magic Puzzles suspicious crash

Hi Maggie,

Microsoft never pro-actively encourages customers to contact certain numbers for assistance with "technical issues". The messages you are receiving are consistent with fraudulent activities that may harm your property.

If you are referring to Magic Jigsaw Puzzles app that was developed by
    ZiMAD, we suggest you report the app immediately. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open this link.
      You may open it through Microsoft Store or through a browser.

• Scroll down, sign in, and report the app.

Lastly, we suggest you refrain from contacting or downloading anything related to the messages you are receiving.

Jairit Bet, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Magic Disappearing PC's

1. Magic Disappearing PC's - Similar Threads - Magic Disappearing PC's

2. Bing cookies magicly appears on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing cookies magicly appears on my PC: Hi.I noticed that, even when I do not open any web browser, and even if I try to block cookies and other trackers, there's always BING cookies that appears on my computer... Since I choose to not allow cookies, why does Microsoft ignore my choice, and where does these cookies...
  3. Bing cookies magicly appears on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bing cookies magicly appears on my PC: Hi.I noticed that, even when I do not open any web browser, and even if I try to block cookies and other trackers, there's always BING cookies that appears on my computer... Since I choose to not allow cookies, why does Microsoft ignore my choice, and where does these cookies...
  4. Network Infrastructure magically appears and disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Infrastructure magically appears and disappears: 4 PCs, 3 with Windows 10 Home 64 Ver 20H2 and 1 PC (which wasn't turned on when I writing this question) with Windows Pro ver 20H2 (all with latest updates installed) On the Network Explorer page the Network Infrastructure (along with my Router, a TP-Link Archer AX6000)...
  5. (C:) drive space magically disappeared

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    (C:) drive space magically disappeared: Hi, Today I installed a new 2TB HDD and have just noticed that my C: drive's space has shrunk down to 6GB of free space out of 476GB. Pretty bizarre! I am nearly sure it was less than half full last time I noticed this. I am unaware if this has happened after installing this...
  6. (C:) drive space magically disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    (C:) drive space magically disappeared: Hi, Today I installed a new 2TB HDD and have just noticed that my C: drive's space has shrunk down to 6GB of free space out of 476GB. Pretty bizarre! I am nearly sure it was less than half full last time I noticed this. I am unaware if this has happened after installing this...
  7. magic jack

in Windows 10 Customization
    magic jack: I have windows 10 and new magic jack home .. installs but no audio .. I have gotten much tech support no results.. I have had mj for years no prob.. what should I do , other than throwing it in trash and getting another landline phone ??...
  8. Magic puzzels

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Magic puzzels: Cannot get adverts to get more coins https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/magic-puzzels/431e6a00-d68b-4aba-be3b-38bb5598abd4
  9. The Magic Mouse.???

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Magic Mouse.???: I need to know how to remove this program, at this time I know longer use both of my computer together nor at one time. I want to remove this program from my computer and need to know how it's done. Has anyone removed this? or had this program before?? Please let me know how...
  10. (Nearly) All of my icons disappeared like magic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    (Nearly) All of my icons disappeared like magic: I just opened my laptop this morning and this happened. Any suggestions are welcome. I tried deleting the IconCache.db and restart my computer, I tried restoring, I tried to download the bat file and restarting my computer, but it does not work. [img] [img] [img] 45949