Windows 10: MagicDisc can't run?

Discus and support MagicDisc can't run? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Howdy guys, windows has hurt my feelings and I'm in need of assistance! So I've got 2 windows 10 computers, my desktop and my laptop. about 8 months... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Biggie2k, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Biggie2k Win User

MagicDisc can't run?

Howdy guys, windows has hurt my feelings and I'm in need of assistance! So I've got 2 windows 10 computers, my desktop and my laptop. about 8 months ago, I auto upgraded my laptop from 8.1 to 10, just to see how the new OS ran. At the time I had MagicDisc disc image mounting software installed on it, and it was still there after the upgrade, it still works just fine on my laptop to this day. I really liked a lot of the changes they made to the OS, so I was sold and decided after several months to go ahead and switch my desktop over as well.

My desktop however, is a totally different story. I took the long road with this computer, opting instead for a freshly formatted SSD and HDD. Problem is that windows tells me every time I try to run the installer that, "This app can't run on this PC". I've tried running in compatibility mode for every different OS listed, tried running as admin, disabled smartscreen, disabled UAC, ran through command prompt, safe mode, you name it. Literally everything I can think of and two suggestions I found online all to no avail. It works flawlessly on my windows 10 x64 laptop, and I'm betting that it'll run just fine on my desktop too if only I could figure out a way to install it... I would like to install MagicDisc specifically, because I've used it for years and years now and love it, and I'm now on a mission to make sure this little problem doesn't beat me...

If anybody has some suggestions as to how I can force this issue, I would LOVE to hear it. The OS is only a few days old, so if there's some crazy aggressive option that might force me to reformat it, I'm totally down for trying it! I don't mind re-installing Windows, but I CERTAINLY do mind microsoft thinking they have more rights to my computer than I do.

Thanks very much in advance!

:)

Biggie2k, Jun 15, 2016

2. Magicdisk and its virtual disks should de removed before Windows 10 is installed

When you have virtual discs under Windows 7 using Magicdisc you should disconnect the Virtual discs and uninstall Magicdisc it before upgrading to Windows 10.

Magicdisk is one of the programs which is not compatible with Windows 10, and is only partially removed by Windows 10! But the (virtual) drivers still exist under Windows 10. My physical CD/DVD drive was not available, only a bogus CD/DvD player from Magicdisc
    was visible. To solve this follow the link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/314060 ; I used Resolution 5 from that page: Create a registry subkey.

Evert van Dijken, Jun 15, 2016
  3. Ribani Win User
    Remove MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM on Windows 10

Go to " C:\Windows.old\Program Files (x86)\MagicDisc" and run the exe from there in compatibility mode, then is just umount the image. Worked for me!

Ribani, Jun 15, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

MagicDisc can't run?

Not knowing MagicDisk I am unable to assist you. However, I just wanted to check if you know it that in Windows 10 you really do not need any third party virtual CD / DVD drive app; you simply double click any disk image file to mount it as a virtual drive.

5. Mystere Win User
    MagicDisk is an open source project, and the problem with a lot of open source projects is that they don't have the funds or ability to get their drivers signed by Microsoft.

First, i'm guessing your laptop is running a 32 bit version of windows, which doesn't require driver signing, while your desktop is probably 64 bit, which does. What this means is that MagicDisk probably won't work for you on a 64 bit windows.

Mystere, Jun 15, 2016
  6. I agree with Kari - you don't need it. Windows 10 mounts (double click: appears in File Explorer as a CD/DVD drive) or burns (right click: Burn) ISOs without 3rd party pgms.
    For Thumb drives, all you need to do is mount the ISO and copy the contents to the drive, then set the Thumb drive as Active.
    Rufus is another way you can put ISOs to a Thumb drive.

Mystere makes a good point re: device signing (x86 v x64) - you don't tell much about the tow machines

Win10 does a fair job trying to migrate older pgms when youupgrade. It's not perfect though and you often have to reinstall fresh.
    MagicDisc Download
    Pick Download for Windows 8 x86/x64 Edition
    But... you don't really need MagicISO - sure the issue is a headbanger, but why dent your forehead for something that is not needed?

I know ... because!

There are other reasons not to use some 3rd party ISO mount pgms. Some do cause BSODs and the solution is to uninstall the 3rd party pgm.

Slartybart, Jun 15, 2016
  7. Biggie2k Win User
    To Kari and Slartybart:
    I'm aware that windows now has included image mounting software, but it has some pretty big limitations. For one, it can't do anything about the DRM software from some discs. Any disk that has SecuROM or similar DRM software won't mount properly with the windows integrated mounter. I know that I could just go find a different software, but even for no other reason than the learning experience, I'm only looking for a way to bypass the windows child-locks and force this program to at least TRY to install.

To Mystere:
    Nope, both my lappy and desktop are both x64 systems with x64 versions of windows installed.

Thanks for the insights so far guys, keep 'em coming!

Biggie2k, Jun 15, 2016
  8. MagicDisc can't run?

Fair enough...

Can you extract the contents of the installer pkg (Google extract installer) - try launching the installer in Command Prompt with the help option /?

Put the contents in a regular folder and try running Magic ISO from the extracted files.
    You want to first unblock the exe (first page of Properties)

Slartybart, Jun 15, 2016
  9. Biggie2k Win User
    Mkay, I extracted the installer contents, and now have what I would assume is the installer, "mcdInst64.exe". When I run it, a cmd window flashes briefly, and then nothing... If I run it through cmd prompt, with or without the /? tag, it does nothing, just returns to the next line and awaits input.

Going into the properties for each file, I know the "Unblock" button should be right below the "Advanced" button, but it's not there. If i try to run the program now, with or without administrator privilege, I get the following window:

"ERROR

MagicDisc can't open driver(mcdbus), Please make sure that MagicDisc is run as
    administrator.
    You need to right-click MagicDisc.exe on Windows Explorer, and click "Run As
    Administrator" to run"

Not sure what comes next now, but thank you for the help so far!

Biggie2k, Jun 16, 2016
  10. Mystere Win User
    Why not use daemon-tools instead? That's a signed driver and works fine on Windows 10. It has the secure-rom emulation and what not.

Mystere, Jun 16, 2016
  11. Biggie2k Win User
    To Mystere:

I really want to use MagicDisc, because A; I know it CAN work, I just don't know how to make windows let me install it, and B; it's the software that I've used for over 10 years now and I really like it.

It's 1 part learning experience, 1 part anti-windows-child-lock rage, and 1 part software preference. If getting MagicDisc working takes too long, I may end up using another program like Alcohol or DT in the mean-time while I keep working on getting this program to install. I see a lot of value in just knowing how to bypass the windows child-locks. You remember in Vista, all the hell that "TrustedInstaller" file ownership caused? same concept...

Any ideas or questions? I'm going cross-eyed reading through old forum posts on the matter, thanks again for the help here.

Biggie2k, Jun 16, 2016
  12. hugazebra December 8, 2013 9:58:18 PM
    I just ran into the same problem with a clean build of Win7SP1 as well. It turns out the conflict was with Intel RST. Since I don't have SSD cache or RAID, I uninstalled Intel RST after which MagicDisc installed properly.

ggrk September 2, 2014 5:46:35 AM
    Thank you, same problem here with an ASUS z87-pro board with win7 64 bit. I followed your advice and Magicdisc installed perfectly!

In the folder with the files you previously extracted, right click > install the mcd????.inf file

The only other thing I can suggest is to compare the two machines, especially anywhere drives are concerned (IRST, IME, Secure boot ...)

I'm going to bow out - not being too much help.

Best of luck

Slartybart, Jun 16, 2016
  13. RolandJS Win User

MagicDisc can't run?

Biggie2k, you just might have to migrate from MagicDisc over to Daemon Tools Ultra in the long run. I have lost several programs that worked well for years and years, however, because of OS updates & changes, updates & changes in security/monitoring programs, tweaking here, tweaking there, changed the Environment for some programs -- that finally caused me to completely remove the old faithfuls and go onto new faithfuls. There are often forks in the road, and there will be more forks in the road -- you will take a tine out of 2 or 3 or 4 tines, which tine you choose carries consequences, sometimes good and sometimes not good.
    addendum: If a complete uninstall and reinstall does not fix the sudden problems -- then consider taking a different tine of the fork.

RolandJS, Jun 16, 2016
  14. Biggie2k Win User
    To Slartybart:

Alrighty, thanks again for the effort, I've got some new things to go read up on, thanks to your suggestions. When I click install on the inf file, it gives the following error:

"Install Error
    The system cannot find the file specified."

which looks to me like at least some progress! I'll PM you if someone manages to help me solve this.

To RolandJS:

I'm not sure you understood my help requests so far. I have the program in question working on one windows 10 pc, but windows is refusing to allow me to install it on another computer. The working version was installed onto computer A while it was running windows 8.1, and stayed in place during the windows 10 upgrade, whereas computer B was completely formatted and windows 10 was installed onto fresh clean drives. Now, when the installer is ran on computer B, windows blocks the installation and offers an alert saying,

"This app can't run on this PC
    Magic ISO Maker/MagicDisc doesn't
    work on this version of windows. Learn
    More"

I can replace the program just fine, no big problems transitioning, I just can't stand being told that the clearly possible, is impossible, and having windows dictate what I do or don't do with my computer. Any help bypassing Window's child-locks is very much appreciated!

Biggie2k, Jun 16, 2016
  15. RolandJS Win User
    Guys, Gals, does Windows 10 allow un-signed drivers? I may not be using the best terminology here.
    I installed MagicDisc/ISO into my desktop running Windows 7, I had to permit my way past a warning that an important driver needed by MagicDisc is un-signed; and it appears MagicDisc/ISO and W7 get along fine. Is the un-signed MagicDisc driver clashing with Windows 10?

RolandJS, Jun 16, 2016
Thema:

MagicDisc can't run?

1. MagicDisc can't run? - Similar Threads - MagicDisc can't run

2. Can't run troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run troubleshooter: Hey dudes where has the Run Troubleshooter box gone? Im trying to figure out why my SD card reader isnt' picking up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-troubleshooter/e3eafed1-8309-452f-bce8-9ac1831b0a42
  3. Can't Run Autoplay.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Run Autoplay.exe: Dear Developer, Hi! I can't run Autoplay.exe in my system. Please help me here.My Complaint in Feedback hub is here: https://aka.ms/AAhc8cy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-autoplayexe/e9699e54-aead-4540-8ca7-2dc6e44e99d8
  4. Can't run as administrator. I can't run anything as admisnistrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run as administrator. I can't run anything as admisnistrator: Hello, I have a problem. I want to delete some programs and i always got access problems. When i tried to open cmd as administrator it opnes but not as administrator. When i write sfc/scannow i i got error "you should run as administrator." Can you help me please? I...
  5. Can't run as administrator. I can't run anything as admisnistrator

Can't run as administrator. I can't run anything as admisnistrator: Hello, I have a problem. I want to delete some programs and i always got access problems. When i tried to open cmd as administrator it opnes but not as administrator. When i write sfc/scannow i i got error "you should run as administrator." Can you help me please? I...
  6. Can't run as administrator. I can't run anything as admisnistrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Can't run CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't run CDs: Split from this thread. Is there a way to have W10 run CDs or not? I have tried all 3 of the "remedies" on the internet and none do the trick. Further, W10 doesn't seem to allow the drive's manufacturer's driver displace the W10 CD/DVD driver that doesn't work. Will...
  8. Can't run games that run on EasyAntiCheat...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run games that run on EasyAntiCheat...: I've got a question. Am i the only one that has an issue running EasyAntiCheat games? Like, I wanted to play a game called Apex Legends but as i open the game a window pops up saying "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000142)...After i press OK a...
  9. Good news! MagicIso and MagicDisc seems running well on Windows 10!

Good news! MagicIso and MagicDisc seems running well on Windows 10!: After an upgrade from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10 Home and Professional, it's known MagicDisc doesn't work, even via its reinstallation with MagicIso. Two weeks ago I cloned audio CD in cue/bin image format with UltraISO Premium. Today I want to mount that cue/bin...
  10. Can't run .exe

Can't run .exe: An update to AVG was performed on our computer. After that ran, when we try to open any program we receive the message: xxxx.exe- Application error the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application. This occurs for any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. magicdisc.exe run as administrator

2. magicDisc cant run on windows

3. Magic ISO maker/MagicDisc doesnt work on this version of win