Windows 10: Magnets and pc

Discus and support Magnets and pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I got a new USB WIFI adapter netgear a7000 and it has a magnet on it so is that bad for my pc, having a magnet sit on top of it???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hamza Hafeez, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Magnets and pc

So I got a new USB WIFI adapter netgear a7000 and it has a magnet on it so is that bad for my pc, having a magnet sit on top of it???

:)

Hamza Hafeez, Feb 19, 2021

2. What is Magnet Engine?

Hey I have set limits on my son's acct. and we monitor his time. Anyone know what Magnet Engine is? He had about 10 hours of this listed in his usage for his PC? What is this? He isn't sure. Thanks for the help!

UnrealDuchess85, Feb 19, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 19, 2021
  4. jrh-001 Win User

Magnets and pc

Win10: magnet uri protocol missing

In "Choose default apps by Protocol", there is no "Magnet" protocol, and no action is taken when "magnet:" URI is entered or linked in the browser.

Description:

qBittorrent had been the default application for Magnet URIs however due to the Torch browser's poor install implementation, it asserts itself as the default for the magnet protocol even though told not to.

Due to the insane method that Windows10 uses to set defaults, qBittorrent isn't a valid "app" selection for changing from Torch to something else -- this is a serious, serious functionality flaw in Windows10, imho -- I had no choice but to uninstall the
    Torch browser, under the assumption that once it was out of the way, Windows would a) default back to qBittorrent or b) default back to an unselected handling method and I could assign qBittorrent through the popup dialog as I had done previously.

However, this was not the case.

• In the configuration section "Choose default apps by Protocol", the Magnet protocol is missing.
    • In a browser, using the "magnet:" protocol or clicking on a magnetic link produces
      no reaction. No choice dialog or other behavior.
    I surmise that the browser is handing this information off to the OS but the OS has forgotten what to do about it, so nothing happens. It feels like a registry entry is a bit confused and need to be reset/restored/reconstructed.

Really need a way to repair this; handling magnet uris by hand is surprisingly frustrating in very, very short order.

jrh-001, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Magnets and pc

1. Magnets and pc - Similar Threads - Magnets

2. I acidenttaly put magnet on a hard drive stuck on safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I acidenttaly put magnet on a hard drive stuck on safe mode: Hello i have a windows 11 Pro has a 750GB hard drive i was going to clean those dirty sata port which is not detecting on a running pc i dont care if i got eletricuted then i acidenttally put a magnat which is a bit strong and cause my pc stop working i tried restarting it...
  3. I acidenttaly put magnet on a hard drive stuck on safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I acidenttaly put magnet on a hard drive stuck on safe mode: Hello i have a windows 11 Pro has a 750GB hard drive i was going to clean those dirty sata port which is not detecting on a running pc i dont care if i got eletricuted then i acidenttally put a magnat which is a bit strong and cause my pc stop working i tried restarting it...
  4. Cant't change MAGNET association in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant't change MAGNET association in windows 11: I have the exact same problem that this thread but the reg file isn't available anymorehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-way-to-change-default-link-type-in-windows-11/ecab6146-b0c8-40fa-98f4-25946686cfd4Would you give me some help ?@Ranesh Srinivasan...
  5. Cant't change MAGNET association in windows 11

Cant't change MAGNET association in windows 11: I have the exact same problem that this thread but the reg file isn't available anymorehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-way-to-change-default-link-type-in-windows-11/ecab6146-b0c8-40fa-98f4-25946686cfd4Would you give me some help ?@Ranesh Srinivasan...
  6. My Microsoft Surface book 2 does not charge with its magnetic charger.

My Microsoft Surface book 2 does not charge with its magnetic charger.: ,I have tried putting it either way tried with different power outlets etc,The charger seem to be all okay.There is no light on too. i tried with the tablet and base ,it seem to not detect the charger....
  7. My Microsoft Surface book 2 does not charge with its magnetic charger.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Surface book 2 does not charge with its magnetic charger.: ,I have tried putting it either way tried with different power outlets etc,The charger seem to be all okay.There is no light on too. i tried with the tablet and base ,it seem to not detect the charger....
  8. Magnet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Magnet: Today Magnet handlers no longer work I tried with two different torrent clients made no difference. Tried in three different browsers same result. Disconnected my anti-virus program, no difference. Looked up the issue on the IE didn't help First instruction said said to open...
  9. Magnet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Magnet: Today Magnet handlers no longer work I tried with two different torrent clients made no difference. Tried in three different browsers same result. Disconnected my anti-virus program, no difference. Looked up the issue on the IE didn't help First instruction said said to open...
  10. Magnet