Windows 10: Magnifier in lens mode is extremely laggy, and the only solution I've seen is to enable...

Discus and support Magnifier in lens mode is extremely laggy, and the only solution I've seen is to enable... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There is supposedly a setting titles bitmap smoothing in the magnifier section of the ease of access control panel in Windows 10, but I can't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChipsAhoiMcCoy, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Magnifier in lens mode is extremely laggy, and the only solution I've seen is to enable...

There is supposedly a setting titles bitmap smoothing in the magnifier section of the ease of access control panel in Windows 10, but I can't seem to find it anywhere on my magnifier page. Any idea what's going on? Any advice would be much appreciated. It seems like magnifier in lens mode is running at an exceptionally low framerate or something, and has some strange jerky/laggy issues when following the cursor.

submitted by /u/ChipsAhoiMcCoy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ChipsAhoiMcCoy, Jul 8, 2020

2. WIndows 10 CE and Magnifier lens mode

So since windows 10 Creator's edition I have been unable to use Edge. Why? because if you have lens mode on you cannot click on any content in edge. You cannot use any windows app from the app store either. Nor can you click on any content in Cortana
    while in lens mode.

If you sue full screen magnifier everything works same with Doc. .its just lens mode.

So I got a tier two support rep who verified this was intentional! I mean WTF! I am visually impared so that makes me use an infiror browser like chrome.. greas way to sour me on it.

Using Chrome to type this because now if you're visually impaired Chrome is the only option other than firefox.

Thanks Microsoft for killing the visually impaired community.

TimChiacchira, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Reset Magnifier: Major Bug / Crash (Magnifier Is Not a Cymbal, Sorry. Magnifier in lens mode is extremely laggy, and the only solution I've seen is to enable... :D)

I think that I have found a major bug within Magnifier. Upon using lens mode at a zoom level of 1,600% (to attempt a specific feat), Magnifier became unresponsive. Now, each time that I open it, it is opened in lens mode with a zoom level of 1,600%. To reproduce
    this.

1. Open Magnifier.

2. Set the mode to lens mode.

3. Set the zoom level to 1,600%.

The application should soon become unresponsive. If it doesn't continue to step 4.

4. Close Magnifier.

5. Open Magnifier again.

It should open in lens mode with a zoom level of 1,600%. The lens should appear and, shortly afterward, the application should become unresponsive. How can I reset the application to its defaults and either avoid doing that in the future or try again (in
    case it was a fluke)? Magnifier isn't quite a
    cymbal
    , so it isn't supposed to crash. Magnifier in lens mode is extremely laggy, and the only solution I've seen is to enable... :D

I got the issue resolved. Note to self: If using lens mode, perhaps increase the zoom level after switching to the mode. I definitely hope that Microsoft gets that issue resolved. Although I don't need to use the magnifier, some people do. If someone needs
    to use the 1,600% zoom level and prefers lens mode, he or she would be disappointed to discover that bug. Upon testing lens mode again, I found the same behavior to occur, even with a zoom level of only 200%. That leads me to believing that the issue is with
    lens mode itself and the zoom level is irrelevant. That is a bummer. Fortunately, I found out how to revert Magnifier back to using full screen mode, which seems to work with no problems. I prefer that mode anyway. I was simply doing an experiment (which did
    not work as I thought that it would) with lens mode.

Weird Odd Wodd, Jul 8, 2020
  4. billLey Win User

Magnifier in lens mode is extremely laggy, and the only solution I've seen is to enable...

"Magnifier" stuck in lens mode. NO toolbar or lens visible. Win 10

Whether launching Magnifier from the taskbar or from Accessibility, the magnified box is about 2" x 3". There is not no Magnifier toolbar (+ - , or "options" gearwheel) and no transparent lens on the screen. Thus no way to change to full screen or otherwise
    change the view. I am new to Win 10, but the only Display or Personalize settings I can find refer to colors, etc. Nothing very specific, and Magnify is basically how to turn on and off, and how to use the toolbar (which can't see) or keyboard to change
    magnification (which does not give a full screen choice.)

billLey, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Magnifier in lens mode is extremely laggy, and the only solution I've seen is to enable...

1. Magnifier in lens mode is extremely laggy, and the only solution I've seen is to enable... - Similar Threads - Magnifier lens mode

2. The magnifier lens and docked mode are just black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The magnifier lens and docked mode are just black: Whenever I try to use the magnifier in the Lens or Docked view, it's black. It does show the window where it's supposed to show the magnified output around the cursor but the actual view is black and I have no idea why....
  3. The magnifier lens and docked mode are just black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The magnifier lens and docked mode are just black: Whenever I try to use the magnifier in the Lens or Docked view, it's black. It does show the window where it's supposed to show the magnified output around the cursor but the actual view is black and I have no idea why....
  4. Windows Magnifier Lens or Docked appear completely black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Magnifier Lens or Docked appear completely black: My Windows 10 Magnifier in Lens or Docked mode appear completely black. In Full Screen mode however everything appears normal, magnified or not.It is not an Invert Color situation: that is unchecked, but even checked it shows the same. In these modes the Magbnifier is pitch...
  5. Windows Magnifier Lens or Docked appear completely black

Windows Magnifier Lens or Docked appear completely black: My Windows 10 Magnifier in Lens or Docked mode appear completely black. In Full Screen mode however everything appears normal, magnified or not.It is not an Invert Color situation: that is unchecked, but even checked it shows the same. In these modes the Magbnifier is pitch...
  6. Windows 11 is extremely laggy

Windows 11 is extremely laggy: I've been using windows 10 since 2017. My pc used to run quite fast then but suddenly windows 10 became slow and laggy over time. I tried hard reset 2 times but still the slow speed would return in a week after resetting it. Then I tried installing windows 11 on my pc and...
  7. Magnifier Lens Sizing

Magnifier Lens Sizing: Did Microsoft just change the way the magnifier works? I just set up a new computer, and the magnifier works differently. In Lens view, you seem to not be able to resize the lens by holding down the button and moving the mouse to change the lens size. In settings you can...
  8. Magnifier Lens Sizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Magnifier Lens Sizing: Did Microsoft just change the way the magnifier works? I just set up a new computer, and the magnifier works differently. In Lens view, you seem to not be able to resize the lens by holding down the button and moving the mouse to change the lens size. In settings you can...
  9. magnify mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    magnify mode: my Toshiba laptop is running windows 10 and when I turn it on,it starts out normal then the screen is magnified on the user and the internet icon,ease of access, and the power icon. how can I fix this? plz help...
  10. win 1o magnifier lens tracking mode

in Windows 10 Support
    win 1o magnifier lens tracking mode: ctrl-alt-L or ctrl-alt-l does not turn on tracking of cursor 44764