Windows 10: Magnifier missing

Discus and support Magnifier missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; if I run: c:\prorgrsm filesm(86)*magnifier.exe (the only place where the little, blue, computer, icon shows up.) Except for all the links to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doncole, Dec 1, 2019.

1. doncole Win User

Magnifier missing

if I run:
    c:\prorgrsm filesm(86)*magnifier.exe
    (the only place where the little, blue, computer, icon shows up.)
    Except for all the links to magnifier.exe of course.
    I get: refferral srnt by server
    I don't see the referral

:)

doncole, Dec 1, 2019

2. manage magnifier shortcut

Hey RXaverius,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.
    Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Windows 10 update broke MS magnifier

Hello,

To fix the issue with Magnifier, we suggest to turn it off and turn on your Magnifier. Here are the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select and click, Ease of Access.
    • Select and click, Magnifier.
    • Under Magnifier in the right pane, click off/on.

You may also try to Run Magnifier as administrator. If you don't know how, follow the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Type Magnifier.
    • Right-click Run as administrator.
    • If there's a pop-up about User Account Control, you have to type your
      Username and Password to continue.
    • Click Yes.

Let us know what happened.

Regards.

Ernie San, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Magnifier missing

magnifier on Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.

Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Magnifier missing

1. Magnifier missing - Similar Threads - Magnifier missing

2. Magnifier not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Magnifier not working: My magnifier.exe.isn't working. How can I download a new copy? Don Cole 145348
  3. Ease of Access Screen Magnifier Responding in Unexpected Ways

in Windows 10 Support
    Ease of Access Screen Magnifier Responding in Unexpected Ways: Having low-vision over here, I have relied on windows screen magnifier and have depended on it since it was introduced in XP. In Windows 7, it was referred to as the XP Magnifier. The current magnifier behaves in ways and poses usage problems for me that i've never had in...
  4. magnifier glitch

magnifier glitch: I have the issue that this consumer had back in 2016. Has there been a fix for this "magnifier sits on top" issue? The new magnifier also sits on top of certain 'right click context menus". I am constantly having to drag and drop the new magnifier to move it out of the way,...
  5. Windows 10 1903 in 150% magnifier

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 in 150% magnifier: Hello, When installing 1903 update and already in 150% "make everything bigger" display setting, the ICONs on the desktop screen are too far away. It's a common issue - see here i.e....
  6. Negative Screen on Reboot fixed by closing Magnifier

in Windows 10 Support
    Negative Screen on Reboot fixed by closing Magnifier: This is the strangest problem I think I've ever had. At the beginning of my reboot, everything on the screen is negative color (i.e., talking about a photograph negative, remember them? Black is white and white is black, only in color). I get a window pop-up which is for the...
  7. More trouble with magnifier.

More trouble with magnifier.: I can only type with one hand. Therefore I have to use Sticky Keys. To turn the Magnifier off: I hit Shift & Win esc. This works fine and I have been using it for sometime. On my keyboard the + is an upper case =. So to turn on the Magnifier I must hit Shift Win & Shift & =....
  8. Microsoft magnifier

Microsoft magnifier: For just over a month magnifier no longer follows the keyboard/typing focus. Magnifier only follows the mouse. I use it mainly in docked view. I have tried switching views. I have checked the settings and all the focus boxes are checked. I have tried unchecking and restarting...
  9. Taskbar and other HUD-related items magnified while in any fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Taskbar and other HUD-related items magnified while in any fullscreen game: So, I have had this problem for a while now. I have attempted to google a solution, but could not find one. As the subject title says, this is my problem, "Taskbar and other HUD-related items magnified while in any fullscreen game". The inserted picture is a screenshot of me...
  10. Getting Magnifying glass icon on Lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting Magnifying glass icon on Lock screen: I want to get a Magnifying glass symbol on the lock screen Thank you! Sulkiflii R. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-magnifying-glass-icon-on-lock-screen/e4515370-4798-4da0-8287-f638c2c61588