Windows 10: Magnifier not working

Discus and support Magnifier not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My magnifier.exe.isn't working. How can I download a new copy? Don Cole 145348 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by doncole, Nov 29, 2019.

1. doncole Win User

Magnifier not working

My magnifier.exe.isn't working.

How can I download a new copy?

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Nov 29, 2019

2. manage magnifier shortcut

Hey RXaverius,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.
    Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Windows 10 update broke MS magnifier

Hello,

To fix the issue with Magnifier, we suggest to turn it off and turn on your Magnifier. Here are the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select and click, Ease of Access.
    • Select and click, Magnifier.
    • Under Magnifier in the right pane, click off/on.

You may also try to Run Magnifier as administrator. If you don't know how, follow the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Type Magnifier.
    • Right-click Run as administrator.
    • If there's a pop-up about User Account Control, you have to type your
      Username and Password to continue.
    • Click Yes.

Let us know what happened.

Regards.

Ernie San, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Magnifier not working

magnifier on Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.

Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Magnifier not working

1. Magnifier not working - Similar Threads - Magnifier working

2. Is there a bug with Windows 10 Magnifier?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a bug with Windows 10 Magnifier?: Greetings Microsoft Assistants.I hope everyone on staff is well today.I am looking for a solution to the problem of Magnifier showing a black screen when turned on.Applying the suggested solution in this old post did not solve the problem for me. The assistant said there were...
  3. Windows Magnifier: Read from here stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Magnifier: Read from here stopped working: I am using the newest version of Windows 11. Played around with narrator, but turned it off again. Now the "read from here" feature in the Windows Magnifier has stopped working. Any tips or tricks to fix that?Wehn holding down ctrl + alt and click text in Edge nothing happens...
  4. Windows Magnifier: Read from here stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Magnifier: Read from here stopped working: I am using the newest version of Windows 11. Played around with narrator, but turned it off again. Now the "read from here" feature in the Windows Magnifier has stopped working. Any tips or tricks to fix that?Wehn holding down ctrl + alt and click text in Edge nothing happens...
  5. Not Working: Magnifier Shift + Alt + Arrow Keyboard Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Working: Magnifier Shift + Alt + Arrow Keyboard Shortcut: I am currently trying Magnifier keyboard shortcuts and gestures. Shift+Alt++ does not resize the lens and I have read on this forum that its been removed. Is there a reason why it still exists on the Magnifier keyboard shortcuts and touch gestures page?...
  6. Not Working: Magnifier Shift + Alt + Arrow Keyboard Shortcut

Not Working: Magnifier Shift + Alt + Arrow Keyboard Shortcut: I am currently trying Magnifier keyboard shortcuts and gestures. Shift+Alt++ does not resize the lens and I have read on this forum that its been removed. Is there a reason why it still exists on the Magnifier keyboard shortcuts and touch gestures page?...
  7. Windows Magnifier docked mode stopped working after putting two Windows side by side

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Magnifier docked mode stopped working after putting two Windows side by side: When starting to use Magnifier for the first time ever, the docked mode was working fine, with the magnified Window across the top and the non-magnified Window on the bottom, and I could adjust the two Window sizes vertically. I played around with resizing these two related...
  8. Windows Magnifier docked mode stopped working after putting two Windows side by side

Windows Magnifier docked mode stopped working after putting two Windows side by side: When starting to use Magnifier for the first time ever, the docked mode was working fine, with the magnified Window across the top and the non-magnified Window on the bottom, and I could adjust the two Window sizes vertically. I played around with resizing these two related...
  9. Windows magnifier smoothing bug - 20H2 (used to work some number of updates ago)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows magnifier smoothing bug - 20H2 (used to work some number of updates ago): submitted by /u/Captain_Crowbar [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/md876n/windows_magnifier_smoothing_bug_20h2_used_to_work/
  10. Magnifier Win Plus + or - not working correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Magnifier Win Plus + or - not working correctly: Until about two weeks ago When I pressed Win Key Plus + or - key whatever I had on my screen increased or decreased. Now, when I press Win Plus + am area about one inch in high opens. its almost like it opens a second copy of the desktop. I use another Win 10 PC at work and...