Windows 10: Magnifier options while using multiple monitors

Discus and support Magnifier options while using multiple monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have my laptop in my living room here with a long HDMI cord going to the tv so if, for example, someone else living here wants to watch something on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cyrax2988, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Cyrax2988 Win User

Magnifier options while using multiple monitors

I have my laptop in my living room here with a long HDMI cord going to the tv so if, for example, someone else living here wants to watch something on Netflix or another streaming site i don't have a smart tv they can while i watch what i want on my laptop screen with headphones on and i use an app called CheVolume to separate the audio streams. However i have an eye condition which means i have to use the magnifier to see anything on the screen at all... which if you do whilst doing what i just said, as i'm sure everyone knows, will cause my screen to overlap on to the tv. Is there anyway i can still use Extend but not have the screen overlap to the tv if i use the magnifier?

<Original Title: Is there a way to not have one screen go over to the other when set to extend and using the magnifyer>

:)

Cyrax2988, Feb 21, 2021

2. manage magnifier shortcut

Hey RXaverius,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.
    Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

Use Magnifier to make things on the screen easier to see

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Feb 21, 2021
  3. magnifier on Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.

Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Magnifier options while using multiple monitors

Windows 10 Magnifier - settings / options missing

I think you may have mistyped Magnifier window instead of Magnifier Options. The Magnifier window had always been visible, just not the Magnifier Options. Win-Tab / Alt-Tab displayed the Magnifier window (while running) but not Magnifier Options.

No. I described exactly what I saw (for exactly the scenario that I was responding to). When the Magnifier Options dialog window was open and Task View was made, the Magnifier Options dialog window was not a thumbnail but still a dialog window and as such
    obscured one of the Task View thumbnails.

Talk about being on the same page! I mentioned right from the start that I would be using Lens mode! You gave no clue that Docked mode should be part of a simulation and frankly I'm in no mood to test it for you.

Perhaps you could press Ctrl-Alt-L and follow my simulation and find out?

Correct. As worked here as well, but does nothing to bring back the Magnifying Glass and Magnifier Options.

You have missed the point. Keyboard focus goes to the "missing" Magnifier Options dialog window and that is what can be moved sight unseen. Please try my simulation of a Lens mode scenario. Then if a Docked scenario is even more complicated as you seem
    to be implying a first step in your workaround would be to get into Lens mode (with Ctrl-Alt-L).

Good luck

Robert

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Magnifier options while using multiple monitors

1. Magnifier options while using multiple monitors - Similar Threads - Magnifier options while

2. Using Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Multiple Monitors: I am using 2 monitors and a laptop so 3 screens in all.When I right click on the desktop to change the scale and layout to a larger size it only changes it on one screen. How do I get it to change on all screens or at least 2 of the screens and not the laptop?Thanks...
  3. Using Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Multiple Monitors: I am using 2 monitors and a laptop so 3 screens in all.When I right click on the desktop to change the scale and layout to a larger size it only changes it on one screen. How do I get it to change on all screens or at least 2 of the screens and not the laptop?Thanks...
  4. Using Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. no option to show taskbar on multiple monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no option to show taskbar on multiple monitor: Hi, I just freshly reinstall Win 11 because I ran into some problem. And while I config things around I notice there is no option to show taskbar on my second monitor....
  6. no option to show taskbar on multiple monitor

no option to show taskbar on multiple monitor: Hi, I just freshly reinstall Win 11 because I ran into some problem. And while I config things around I notice there is no option to show taskbar on my second monitor....
  7. Windows10 keyboard lag while using magnifier.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 keyboard lag while using magnifier.: In the country in which I live, there is a law thatnprevent discrimination against disabled persons. It is called the ADA. You risk civil and criminal damages. I am William's age and have been using keyboards for as long as he has. Never had a keyboard that didn't work...
  8. Windows10 keyboard lag while using magnifier.

Windows10 keyboard lag while using magnifier.: In the country in which I live, there is a law thatnprevent discrimination against disabled persons. It is called the ADA. You risk civil and criminal damages. I am William's age and have been using keyboards for as long as he has. Never had a keyboard that didn't work...
  9. Reg using multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reg using multiple monitors: hello guys, so I am attending classes, on my windows laptop, we use MS teams for the classroom interface, but sometimes the classes do get boring, and I want to work on few other projects that would be like a better use of my time. I have a usb c external monitor, which I...
  10. Use of Multiple monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use of Multiple monitor: Sir I have connected second monitor to my laptop through HDMI cable. Is it possible to use these two monitors for two different task. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-multiple-monitor/67b0de2a-e552-4b5c-b375-f076aeb20415