Windows 10: Magnifier Scale

Discus and support Magnifier Scale in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Settings ---- Magnifier: turn it on and INITIALLY there also appeared a scale slidebar which apparently allowed one to set the amount of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ka5p, Dec 19, 2015.

1. ka5p Win User

Magnifier Scale

In Settings ---- Magnifier: turn it on and INITIALLY there also appeared a scale slidebar which apparently allowed one to set the amount of magnification. This slide bar just up and disappeared and I cannot find any way to get it back. Any help most appreciated

:)

2. Restoorak Win User

Anniversary Update for Mobile Trashed Edge Browser

I couldn't leave this problem alone. It turned out it was the Ease of Access, Text Scaling. It must be set to No More than 100% to keep the Edge web page from truncating, distorting, text overwriting. The other browsers work because they ignore Text Scaling
    setting.

Edge should as well. Magnifier can be used instead if needed. Setting text scaling to 100% renders that feature useless for older users like me. Text is so small.

I think Edge should be decoupled from Ease of Access, Text Scaling.

Two finger Magnifier can then be used to enlarge a properly formatted Web Page where needed. Like you do with Pictures.

Unfortunately I need larger text scaling so I'll have to use the substitute browser.

I hope something is done so I can use Edge AND Text Scaling.

Restoorak, Dec 19, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Unable click "OK", "Cancel" and "Apply" buttons in Windows 10 version 1704

Rose, if you need to scale to 250%, there is no real solution here other than a larger monitor, these windows you are having issue with have a fixed size and do not scale, sorry, but there is no way to scroll the whole screen on your monitor . . .

EDIT: a solution maybe to reduce your overall scaling, enlarge text on apps like Word and your Web browser and use the magnifier when dealing with these dialogs that do not scale properly

DaveM121, Dec 19, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Magnifier Scale

When the scale disappears, do you see a magnifying glass icon ?
    If yes, click it.
    Is the scale back on ?

Magnifier Scale [​IMG]

davidhk, Dec 19, 2015
  5. ka5p Win User
    NO...I have read many references to the spyglass but it simply is not there

ka5p, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Magnifier Scale

1. Magnifier Scale - Similar Threads - Magnifier Scale

2. Is there a bug with Windows 10 Magnifier?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a bug with Windows 10 Magnifier?: Greetings Microsoft Assistants.I hope everyone on staff is well today.I am looking for a solution to the problem of Magnifier showing a black screen when turned on.Applying the suggested solution in this old post did not solve the problem for me. The assistant said there were...
  3. Is there a bug with Windows 10 Magnifier?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a bug with Windows 10 Magnifier?: Greetings Microsoft Assistants.I hope everyone on staff is well today.I am looking for a solution to the problem of Magnifier showing a black screen when turned on.Applying the suggested solution in this old post did not solve the problem for me. The assistant said there were...
  4. Search suggestions with magnifying glass

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search suggestions with magnifying glass: Since a recent update, the search field window pops up intermittently with advertising for AI above the Recent area. I can click that shut, but it's also now displaying weird tips that I don't need as questions with a search magnifying glass at the end of each one. I can...
  5. Can I get Windows XP like IntelliPoint light-weight simple magnifier in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get Windows XP like IntelliPoint light-weight simple magnifier in Windows 11?: Hello,I am using Windows since the XP era. I do have low vision and I rely on the magnifier apps provided in Windows' versions to use the computer and do my job. In Windows XP, I was using the Microsoft IntelliPoint on a supported Microsoft mouse that had a nice magnifier...
  6. Can I get Windows XP like IntelliPoint light-weight simple magnifier in Windows 11?

Can I get Windows XP like IntelliPoint light-weight simple magnifier in Windows 11?: Hello,I am using Windows since the XP era. I do have low vision and I rely on the magnifier apps provided in Windows' versions to use the computer and do my job. In Windows XP, I was using the Microsoft IntelliPoint on a supported Microsoft mouse that had a nice magnifier...
  7. The caps-lock turns on and the magnifier launches automatically in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The caps-lock turns on and the magnifier launches automatically in windows 10.: I am using windows 10, the caps-lock and the magnifier launches suddenly. When this happens the keyboard becomes non operational. Also, Microsoft edge opens with the windows help page. I close the magnifier and the Microsoft Edge, and when I press caps-lock again, the same...
  8. The caps-lock turns on and the magnifier launches automatically in windows 10.

The caps-lock turns on and the magnifier launches automatically in windows 10.: I am using windows 10, the caps-lock and the magnifier launches suddenly. When this happens the keyboard becomes non operational. Also, Microsoft edge opens with the windows help page. I close the magnifier and the Microsoft Edge, and when I press caps-lock again, the same...
  9. The caps-lock turns on and the magnifier launches automatically in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. In Window's 10 can I get the Magnifier Lens to lock into one position?

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Window's 10 can I get the Magnifier Lens to lock into one position?: In Window's 10 can I get the Magnifier Lens to lock into one position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-can-i-get-the-magnifier-lens-to-lock/e9816985-3066-415f-bbcc-47de4ebc1aaa

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scale of magnifier in windows 10

2. disable interpolated scaling in windows magnifier

3. disable magnifier scaling