Windows 10: Magnifier shows a large white rectangle and I cannot click on anything

Discus and support Magnifier shows a large white rectangle and I cannot click on anything in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was having difficulty with the screen reader software that I have (ZoomText 10.1), so exited that program and tried to start the Magnifier. What I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DrDuncan, Jul 11, 2017.

1. DrDuncan Win User

Magnifier shows a large white rectangle and I cannot click on anything

I was having difficulty with the screen reader software that I have (ZoomText 10.1), so exited that program and tried to start the Magnifier. What I got was a large, white rectangle that moves with my mouse pointer but the rectangle is opaque. I can neither see anything through it nor click on anything. I don't get this. What might be wrong please? Thanks.

:)

DrDuncan, Jul 11, 2017

2. Magnifier issue in Windows 10 November update

I have an issue as well with magnifier on 10 1511, with two screens mixed resolutions, the built in laptop screen is 4k, the extended display is 1050 res, Magnifier on either desktop comes up as a rectangle with no menus or title bar, and on the high-res
    screen it doesn't magnify anything.

Steven Yetter, Jul 11, 2017
  3. chas2003 Win User
    unwanted rectangle in browsers where mouse click does not work

A rectangle shows up over browsers on Chrome it is black on Internet explorer it is white and it sometimes over other programs. Regardless of the program or if it shows up or not a mouse click over that area does not work.

WIndows 10 pro 64 bit.

chas2003, Jul 11, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Did this behavior exist before you installed Zoomtext? If not, uninstall the third party software. You really do not need that third party software, because Windows already has the ability of zooming text.

bro67, Jul 12, 2017
  5. DrDuncan Win User
    Sorry for the slow response but I was out on vacation last week.

Thanks for the response but...
    1. I have the magnifier problem even if my accessibility software is not installed (I tried that).
    2. Unless Magnifier can do screen reading of documents, PDF files, web pages, etc., yes, I do need my accessibility software. While Narrator can tell me what button I am over (and I wish I could change the annoying voice it uses), it does not read screen content. I need to do more than make the screen magnified. I rely on screen reading to ease the demands on my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Thanks.

DrDuncan, Jul 24, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @DrDuncan

When Narrator is running its icon appears on the taskbar. Click on this icon to open it and show a list of Narrator settings. Click on 'Navigation'. Tick the box for 'Read and interact with the screen' and save the changes. Now you can use the mouse to point to a word in a web page, document or PDF and Narrator will start reading that line of text.

'Voice' is the option below 'Navigation'. In it I see a choice of five voices.
    You can also change the voice in Settings > Ease of Access > Narrator.

7. DrDuncan Win User
    Thanks for the additional information. Let me be a bit more specific. I need to be able to open a fifteen-page paper from a student, click on the first word of the document, and have the computer read the entire thing to me without me needing to touch the mouse or keyboard. That is one of the features of my accessibility software. Narrator is not going to be able to do that.

DrDuncan, Jul 24, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Try Caps Lock + H

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...touch-gestures

9. DrDuncan Win User
    That's good to know. Thanks. Now, back to the original problem. I can't use Magnifier because all it shows me is a big, white rectangle when I start it. How do I get rid of that and actually get to see things magnified?

DrDuncan, Jul 24, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    This problem has been around for some time apparently, it seems to often be caused by the video driver. If yours worked before you could try rolling back the video driver, otherwise check for an updated driver. Does it work in Full Screen view, as it did for this example?

https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...driver-update/

Thema:

1. Magnifier shows a large white rectangle and I cannot click on anything - Similar Threads - Magnifier shows large

2. Solid white rectangle on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solid white rectangle on screen: This appeared when I opened my pc... I cannot do anything. Tried Ctrl Alt Delete but when I click on Task Manager it takes me back to this screen. Any ideas?...
  3. I cannot click anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot click anything: I turned on click lock, and I can’t click anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-click-anything/1ad7ec25-9723-480b-9e7a-e1f0944e0af0
  4. I cannot click anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot click anything: I turned on click lock, and I can’t click anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-click-anything/1ad7ec25-9723-480b-9e7a-e1f0944e0af0
  5. MSN Comments White Rectangle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN Comments White Rectangle: Might be the wrong place for this, but there is no longer a category for MSN and I am using Chrome,When browsing comments on an MSN.com article, I keep seeing a smallish white rectangle superimposed on the comments.The white rectangle typically has someone else's avatar, and...
  6. Periodically cannot click on anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Periodically cannot click on anything: Im at a loss as to what could be causing this. it happens quite often that i just cannot click anything, its like all windows go to the background and i cannot refocus on them.The only way to fix it is to press Winkey + L and log back in, which will only solve the problem for...
  7. White rectangle on screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White rectangle on screen: [IMG] I have the following white rectangle on my screen and I am unable to get rid of it, I can hover over it with a mouse but clicking on it doesn't do anything and it doesn't register clicks under it making almost half of my screen unusable. I've ran a full virus scan and...
  8. When on the desktop I hold left click and its a white dotted rectangle

in Windows 10 Customization
    When on the desktop I hold left click and its a white dotted rectangle: When on the desktop I hold left click and its a white dotted rectangle how do I make it blue again I don't like how it is like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-on-the-desktop-i-hold-left-click-and-its-a/43cf8e47-c746-4f24-9f2f-e0d25ccc82e0
  9. Cannot click and drag anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot click and drag anything: I cannot click and drag anything. I cannot select multiple items, such as text or icons. I cannot move windows on the screen. I have checked my settings, installed the specific driver for my mouse, and have even done a full reinstall of Windows. The problem still persists....
  10. White Rectangle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    White Rectangle: I had a white rectangle show up in the top left hand corner of my desktop. It was quite annoying. I tried changing the wallpaper, and killing a few programs in task manager. In the end I restarted windows explorer and that fixed it. Some people killed other programs but those...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot click inside magnifier screen

2. cannot click anything inside the rectangle box in powerbi

3. clicked magnifier and now cannot get out - white box

4. windows magnifier white box,
  5. white RECTANGLE appear on screen and cant use mouse over it