Windows 10: Magnifying Glass (Search) Icon Windows 10 Taskbar

Discus and support Magnifying Glass (Search) Icon Windows 10 Taskbar in Cortana to solve the problem; Yesterday IT had to do some work on my computer and it never fails that every time they work on it, they restore Cortana for her "search"... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AusEmWes, Mar 5, 2019.

1. AusEmWes Win User

Magnifying Glass (Search) Icon Windows 10 Taskbar

Yesterday IT had to do some work on my computer and it never fails that every time they work on it, they restore Cortana for her "search" functionality. I've told them about clicking the windows icon and then to directly start typing but they tend to stick with the Cortana method. That's fine and dandy but I'd really wish they would restore my taskbar to how it was when they started.

Rant over, how do I get rid of the magnifying glass (search) icon on my task bar? I've circled it below.

Magnifying Glass (Search) Icon Windows 10 Taskbar 6a158765-06bb-46ec-9afd-4fac13377390?upload=true.jpg

Everything I've tried can't seem to remove it. Right clicking on the taskbar does not seems to have the functionality of removing it. Taskbar properties seem to be of little help as well, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Also below is a picture of my taskbar options when I right-click.

Magnifying Glass (Search) Icon Windows 10 Taskbar cdeb67e8-689c-4d92-bc53-83104394d3dd?upload=true.jpg

:)

AusEmWes, Mar 5, 2019
  2. jjd56 Win User

Magnifying glass icon

Why does the magnifying glass icon keep disappearing from the task bar and how do I get it back (and keep it there)? The last time I searched for magnifier.exe as someone suggested, got it back, now it's gone again. Please, this is driving me crazy.

Jean

jjd56, Mar 5, 2019
  3. eafpres Win User
    Restore magnifying glass icon to taskbar

As part of the configuration I was doing I removed the search box from my icon tray.

The icon of a magnifying glass next to the top item in your image (2503) is what I'm looking for to restore to my icon tray.

Do you remember windows 8.1 search? You would swipe on the right and get Search, then type in the box; it was searching locally so it was great to find apps etc.

It is that capability I no longer have in Windows 10.

eafpres, Mar 5, 2019
  4. eafpres Win User

Restore magnifying glass icon to taskbar

Hi Linney--thank you for being so tenacious.

Re: the windows flyout--yes, knew it was gone, just trying to explain what I was looking for.

Thanks to your suggestions, I have sorted out what is the actual problem. Windows 10 is using the magnifying glass to indicate internet search, and the quaint "my stuff" to mean local search.

What I was misunderstanding was that I have to type something in the Cortana search box before I get the options for web or my stuff. If I use voice control, Cortana seems to only use the web. Not sure what good that is.

So I can get what I want now. The remaining issue (but I don't care now) is that I don't get the option to show a search icon or search box when I right click taskbar. I don't know why I no longer have that choice, but I can make do what I have now.

eafpres, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Magnifying Glass (Search) Icon Windows 10 Taskbar - Similar Threads - Magnifying Glass Search

2. Search suggestions with magnifying glass

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search suggestions with magnifying glass: Since a recent update, the search field window pops up intermittently with advertising for AI above the Recent area. I can click that shut, but it's also now displaying weird tips that I don't need as questions with a search magnifying glass at the end of each one. I can...
  3. How do I remove the word “Search” next to the magnifying glass in windows 11 taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the word “Search” next to the magnifying glass in windows 11 taskbar?: Initially, it was just the new search button or magnifying glass on the taskbar. After resetting the computer to factory, now taskbar shows the magnifying glass with the word “Search” next to it. Is there a way to remove the word “Search” And just have the magnifying glass?...
  4. Windows 11 displays a magnifying glass icon when trying to search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 displays a magnifying glass icon when trying to search: I can't search, because it displays a magnifying glass icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-displays-a-magnifying-glass-icon-when/2d57b747-a99d-41a0-849e-a31f1fe6218d
  5. Windows 11 displays a magnifying glass icon when trying to search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 displays a magnifying glass icon when trying to search: I can't search, because it displays a magnifying glass icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-displays-a-magnifying-glass-icon-when/2d57b747-a99d-41a0-849e-a31f1fe6218d
  6. Emoji panel is missing the search tag magnifying glass

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Emoji panel is missing the search tag magnifying glass: Hello It seems that my emoji panel is missing the search tab and I have no clue why. While searching for my problem on the web I only found solutions on the shortcuts but always showing screenshots of emoji panels with a search tab. Using "Windows" + "." or "Windows" +...
  7. Desktop icons appear with Magnifying glass appearing again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons appear with Magnifying glass appearing again: I see mention of this issue back in 2017. But it's happening again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-with-magnifying-glass/23de9879-010a-4044-8394-d50bce450dec I'm seeing this again. Intermittently. For a few seconds - 15 - 30 seconds...
  8. Getting Magnifying glass icon on Lock screen

Getting Magnifying glass icon on Lock screen: I want to get a Magnifying glass symbol on the lock screen Thank you! Sulkiflii R. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-magnifying-glass-icon-on-lock-screen/e4515370-4798-4da0-8287-f638c2c61588
  9. How to get Magnifying glass icon on Lockscreen?

How to get Magnifying glass icon on Lockscreen?: How do I get the magnetifying glass symbol that provides a like to tell me information about the lock screen picture? ***Modified title from: lock scree***...
  10. Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Floating Transparent Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10 [img] Information Magnifier is a tool that enlarges part—or all—of your screen so you can see words and images...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to restore magnifying icon on my pc

2. where is my magnifying glass icon

3. how to get rid of the magnefying glass icon on the windows 10 taskbar

4. magnifine glass in taskbar,
  5. my taskbar was replaced by magnifying glass,
  6. magnifying glass search symbol,
  7. what is the magnifying glass search used for on windows 10,
  8. how to find magnifying glass icon window 10,
  9. why does the magnifying glass search not work on windows 10,
  10. magnifying glass icon not working,
  11. (the magnifying glass icon) search tool,