Windows 10: Mail 10 App - Search Online emails can't be opened and looks like it

Discus and support Mail 10 App - Search Online emails can't be opened and looks like it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! This might be a bit challenging to write out, but I am having trouble with the 'search online' function of Mail 10. What happens is: I'll put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mitchofy, Sep 21, 2020.

1. mitchofy Win User

Mail 10 App - Search Online emails can't be opened and looks like it

Hello!

This might be a bit challenging to write out, but I am having trouble with the 'search online' function of Mail 10. What happens is: I'll put in a keyword and then hit 'search online' for older emails, which will then get populated correctly. When I click on the email I intended to find, the email disappears from the search, and all the emails listed below also start disappearing. It almost looks like they're being deleted, and the email program will just continue down the list doing this until all the emails are gone and leaves me with the dialogue "Don't see what you're looking for? Try using different keywords."

It's absolutely bizarre. I've downloaded the Apps Diagnostic tool and updated windows 10, and still having the trouble.

:)

mitchofy, Sep 21, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail 10 App - Search Online emails can't be opened and looks like it :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 21, 2020
  3. kjdawson1 Win User
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Mail 10 App - Search Online emails can't be opened and looks like it - Similar Threads - Mail App Search

2. Why my incoming email in the app looks like this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my incoming email in the app looks like this?: I tried delete, reset, uninstall the mail app in outlook, When I re-download it again, still looks scramble, but only in certain incoming mails. mostly from banks or no-reply mails! Pls Help!Example email: Received: from 10.197.40.73 by atlas321.free.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with...
  3. Why my incoming email in the app looks like this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my incoming email in the app looks like this?: I tried delete, reset, uninstall the mail app in outlook, When I re-download it again, still looks scramble, but only in certain incoming mails. mostly from banks or no-reply mails! Pls Help!Example email: Received: from 10.197.40.73 by atlas321.free.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with...
  4. AOL email on windows Mail app not dispaying images in certain emails. Looks like computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AOL email on windows Mail app not dispaying images in certain emails. Looks like computer...: I've been having a problem reading my aol emails on the Windows Mail app since 31 May 2022. On some regular emails I receive from Groupon, Living Social, Trip Adviser, Ebay and others though not all, I'm getteing text instead that looks like computer code. If I look on my aol...
  5. AOL email on windows Mail app not dispaying images in certain emails. Looks like computer...

AOL email on windows Mail app not dispaying images in certain emails. Looks like computer...: I've been having a problem reading my aol emails on the Windows Mail app since 31 May 2022. On some regular emails I receive from Groupon, Living Social, Trip Adviser, Ebay and others though not all, I'm getteing text instead that looks like computer code. If I look on my aol...
  6. Windows 10 Mail App unable to open searched for email due to scrolling search.

Windows 10 Mail App unable to open searched for email due to scrolling search.: When I search for an email from someone it is finding the emails okay but when I click on an email to open it the program scrolls all the way to the end without opening the email. Any ideas on how to fix it? I have uninstalled the App and reinstalled it and it made no...
  7. can't view "search online" emails in mail app windows 10

can't view "search online" emails in mail app windows 10: When I have to look for older emails by clicking "search online" in the mail app, the old emails load in the side bar. However, when I try to click on an email to view it, the emails in the side bar systematically collapse and disappear as though they were being deleted until...
  8. Mail App Search Online not working properly

Mail App Search Online not working properly: Whenever, I perform a search for older email, the email is found, but once I click on the email to view it, it disappears. To elaborate further, if I search a keyword I might get 20 results, but as soon as I click on one of the results, each email disappears one by one from...
  9. Can't open win 10 mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open win 10 mail app: The mail app is installed but it says it can't be opened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-win-10-mail-app/be954bd7-8d3f-4f00-aa12-e5c3d9d5e335
  10. Search for Mail App Email Profiles?

Search for Mail App Email Profiles?: Hi all, Anyone know if there's a way to search whether users may have added in an email into the Mail App and if there's a way to prevent users from using it? I know you can remove it via PowerShell, but would like to get an idea of how many users actually may have added...