Windows 10: Mail>Account ADD fails

Discus and support Mail>Account ADD fails in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an e-mail address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** which I have been using. I tried to add it to the Widows 10 Mail but it fails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NeilMurphy, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Mail>Account ADD fails

I have an e-mail address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** which I have been using. I tried to add it to the Widows 10 Mail but it fails with an error code why not a message something like x800000005. I am confident that I spelled the address right. What's the problem?

:)

NeilMurphy, Aug 5, 2020

2. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are trying to add Yahoo/Gmail email account in Mail app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

Steps to add Yahoo email in Mail app.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.
    2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box
    3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.
    4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2

Steps to add Gmail email in Mail app

Step 1: Connect your Google account to PC

1. Go to the Security section of your Google account
    2. Under Connected
      apps
      and sites, go to Apps
      connected to your account
    3. Make sure that Windows is on the list

Step 2: Enable IMAP on your Google account

1. Sign in to Gmail
    2. Click the gear in the top right
    3. Select Settings
    4. Click Forwarding
      and POP/IMAP

5. Select Enable IMAP
    6. Click Save Changes

Step 3: Add Gmail account.

1. Open Mail app.
    2. Click on the gear icon to open settings.
    3. Click on Manage account.
    4. Click on Add account.
    5. Now select Google and check if you are able to add the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

Hello JackTexas,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would suggest you few simple steps. Kindly follow the below steps.

Method 1:

• Sometimes it appears there are two different Outlook accounts with the same email address.
    • Right click and delete the accounts and close the app.
    • Reopen the Mail app which opens to the inbox screen but with no accounts created, so use the Settings pane to add a new correct email account. Once done hit the sync button.

Method 2: Delete all the files not folders from the location:

AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps.

Go to Mail app and try to add an account, if Mail app is not available, go ahead and download it from Store.

Method 3: Follow the steps provided by the article on how to
    set up email in the Mail app for Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Mail>Account ADD fails

How do I delete an e-mail account and add it again in Windows 10 Mail

I'm using Windows 10 Mail and a box appear saying that my e-mail account and setting are outdated! I never knew and e-mail account can be outdated etc when you're always using it etc. I have ahd this e-mail for so many years now. Another box appeared with
    my e-mail on it and a box to type in my password to verify my account. I typed in my password but it couldnt verify it. So, the next suggested the box had was for me delete my e-mail acount and add it back again. How do I go about doing this? Please list rhe
    step by steps please. Thanks!

SAMSON JOE, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Mail>Account ADD fails

1. Mail>Account ADD fails - Similar Threads - Mail>Account ADD fails

2. Mail Help for Add Account is confusing !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail Help for Add Account is confusing !: I use Outlook desktop client in 365 for email but I am trying to set up the Mail app as backup.This is the first instruction in Help for setting up a new account in Mail :-Enter the following information in the Advanced setup window.Email address This is the name you'll see...
  3. Mail not able to add account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail not able to add account: I have been trying to connect my school gmail account to the mail app but it just shows this kind of error [ATTACH] I did not encounter this problem with my other 2 gmail accounts. My build is Windows 10 1909, with no pending updates....
  4. Mail add account error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail add account error: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/WatchingCrab94282 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kc6xcb/mail_add_account_error/
  5. Unable to Add Account to the Mail app

Unable to Add Account to the Mail app: Good afternoon, When attempting to Add an Account to the Mail app, I can go through the process of adding an account however nothing shows up after the account is added. I added an IMAP work e-mail, it didn't show, when I tried to add it again it states "Account already...
  6. Unable to add an account to Mail

Unable to add an account to Mail: Just decided to try switching back to the built-in Mail app, but upon trying to add my account I get this error. If it matters the account I’m trying to add is a Microsoft account (and it’s connected to the user account I’m using) and it’s an Outlook email. submitted by...
  7. Can't add account to Mail.

Can't add account to Mail.: I press and press the Add Account button and it does nothing , i also cant login to microsoft store as well submitted by /u/ilovefood322 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eghpav/cant_add_account_to_mail/
  8. Not able to add accounts to Mail app.

Not able to add accounts to Mail app.: I am having issues adding a new account to the mail app. I already have added a Outlook.com & a gmail account without issue but when I am trying to add a second outlook.com account it just gets stuck at the creating account window. Have reset the app twice without success....
  9. Unable to add Mail account

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to add Mail account: Just downloaded 10565. From what trade press says, mail has been significantly improved (I've been using Thunderbird), so I thought I'd again give it a try. I had to add my account, so I clicked on Add Account, clicked on "Other Account", entered the Email address + Password...
  10. No account shown in mail add an account

in Browsers and Email
    No account shown in mail add an account: Hello, I'm using W10 mail (everything is up to date) and when I try to add a mail account I see the "choose an account" window but it's empty. I currently have no mail account that has been added. I tried to uninstall mail, reinstall it with Microsoft store but this...