Windows 10: mail account panel keeps collapsing

Discus and support mail account panel keeps collapsing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have multiple email accounts that I view in Microsoft Mail. The window on the left keeps collapsing every time I open a message. How do I keep it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JWJ3, Nov 14, 2019.

1. JWJ3 Win User

mail account panel keeps collapsing

I have multiple email accounts that I view in Microsoft Mail. The window on the left keeps collapsing every time I open a message. How do I keep it open so I can see all of my accounts?

:)

2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Mail on windows10 : email account will not sync.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What exact error are you receiving when you try to sync the mails?
    • Does this issue persist in all e-mail account?

I suggest you to refer to the below given article to configure the account with Mail app and re-configure it and check if it helps:

Outlook help - Office Support

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Also after configuring account kindly follow the below given steps and check if mail syncs:

• Click on Gear (setting) button in left panel in Mail app.
    • Click or tap on Account in right panel.
    • Click or tap on the Account that is not syncing.
    • Click on Change mailbox sync setting.
    • Select “as item arrives” under Download new content.
    • Toggle Email to ON under Sync options.
    • Check and verify that sync works now.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Hutchy62 Win User

Folder Pane collapsing in Windows Mail

Hi, I have transferred all my emails from windows live to Microsoft Mail and now have to sort into folders.

The Folder Pane keeps collapsing which makes it longer to move emails over.

Question: is there a way of stopping the folder pane from collapsing so that it is displayed all the time?

Hutchy62, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

1. mail account panel keeps collapsing - Similar Threads - mail account panel

2. the folder panel on my windows live mail, it is permanently collapsed and I prefer it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the folder panel on my windows live mail, it is permanently collapsed and I prefer it...: the folder panel on my windows live mail, it is permanently collapsed and I prefer it expanded but I cant seem to be able to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-folder-panel-on-my-windows-live-mail-it-is/91aab183-b800-45fb-b946-7cc27b0f0dfc
  3. the folder panel on my windows live mail, it is permanently collapsed and I prefer it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the folder panel on my windows live mail, it is permanently collapsed and I prefer it...: the folder panel on my windows live mail, it is permanently collapsed and I prefer it expanded but I cant seem to be able to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-folder-panel-on-my-windows-live-mail-it-is/91aab183-b800-45fb-b946-7cc27b0f0dfc
  4. Left side menu in Mail App keeps collapsing - Didn't do this before. App has been...

Left side menu in Mail App keeps collapsing - Didn't do this before. App has been...: Since some recent update, I can't keep the left side menu open that shows all my different inboxes and folders. First it was downgraded by MS to only be visible when in full-screen. Now it's even worse and forces itself to collapse in full-screen as well. This has...
  5. Windows 10 mail left pane collapsing

Windows 10 mail left pane collapsing: How to prevent the collapsing of the left pane listing all the accounts in Windows Mail. It's about Windows 10 Mail, not about Outlook. This question has already be posted last year and the answers were all about Outlook....
  6. Folder Pane collapsing in Windows Mail

Folder Pane collapsing in Windows Mail: Hi, I have transferred all my emails from windows live to Microsoft Mail and now have to sort into folders. The Folder Pane keeps collapsing which makes it longer to move emails over. Question: is there a way of stopping the folder pane from collapsing so that it is...
  7. pc collapse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc collapse: I left the pc Ok at night. When I came the next morning nothing worked. I have win 10. I finally took it to Office Depot, where I had purchased it. After 2 days I got back half working, the rest was gone. The technician said it was due to Microsoft....
  8. The Mail Applet in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Mail Applet in Control Panel: Hello Guys, Quick one: Any idea what the CLSID for the Mail applet in Control Panel is? [ATTACH] In case it is relevant, I am on Windows 10 Pro Version 1803. Hope to hear from you soon. Regards, YanAndrew...
  9. task bar keeps collapsing to one task tall

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar keeps collapsing to one task tall: I adjust the task bar to be two tasks tall and then lock it. As soon as the computer reboots, it is back to one task tall and locked. What gives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-keeps-collapsing-to-one-task-tall/2f4dcccb-418b-40cc-a778-27ffef099c01
  10. adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there

adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there: I have been using mail for some time. it has a number of accounts. recently my most used account (my every day one) disappeared. I reloaded it (its Hotmail) and used it. the next time I used it, it had gone again and now I have to add it as an account, then it disappears and...