Windows 10: Mail Account Passwords

Discus and support Mail Account Passwords in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am attempting to enter email accounts on another device. When I try to get the passwords from the Mail account in windows 10, all I get is 16 dots.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bob H Sp, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Bob H Sp Win User

Mail Account Passwords

I am attempting to enter email accounts on another device. When I try to get the passwords from the Mail account in windows 10, all I get is 16 dots. Is there a way to view what these passwords actually are?

:)

Bob H Sp, Apr 17, 2021
  2. peerv Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

First confirm if you have two step authentication in you Google account.
    If YES follow these steps:

To have the Windows Mail app to work you have to generate a password for the Windows Mail app in your Google account at Anmelden – Google Konten
    Copy/paste this password into the password field of your Gmail account in the Mail app Settings/Accounts/Gmail
    This needs to be done only once.

Also check in Windows 10 Settings/Privacy if you have in Contacts AND Calender the Mail and Agenda allowed access ON
    If both are OFF the Mail app won't sync without throwing any error!!
    Just one off the many bugs in Mail app!

peerv, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Bastet Win User

Mail Account Passwords

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

Yes, once 2-factor authentication is enabled you should then create the app specific password & enter it instead of the account password.

Bastet, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Mail Account Passwords

1. Mail Account Passwords - Similar Threads - Mail Account Passwords

2. recovery of mail password

in Windows 10 Customization
    recovery of mail password: before i start .. please read thru before assuming anything please.. This is and has been my account for almost 15 years... if my laptop fails .. ill loose it permanent... i have been trying to resolve this for some time... spoke to apple .. due to 2 step .. there is no...
  3. Autofill passwords on mail accounts in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autofill passwords on mail accounts in windows 10: I added an old AOL account to my Window 10 mailboxes. I then changed the password. Now the autofill function in windows 10 reverts to my old password. I have tried deleting the account and readding, I have cleared cookies....help please...
  4. can't get password for old hot mail account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can't get password for old hot mail account: password for account has a recovery phone number from a cell phone that i haven't had for a while should be dead, but i called that number today, it rang no one picked up, however, microsoft told me i didn't give them enough info to get into the account. it was open on one...
  5. Password Protect my Account in Mail for Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Protect my Account in Mail for Windows 10: I use a shared computer on a shared account. We use Mail for Windows 10. Because of this, everyone's email accounts are visible to whoever is using the app. Is there a way to protect our accounts with our account password so this does not happen?...
  6. windows mail password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows mail password: I have decided to use the windows mail 10 and I stated to define my mails I have 2 mail providers - gmail and thru bezeqint.net I have easily set the gmail, however, any time I set the bezeqint.net account' I found my 6 digits password is changed to a 16 one and therefore...
  7. password for yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    password for yahoo mail: my password for yahoo mail wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-for-yahoo-mail/b591cd54-171e-4934-b1ea-2ef1982dbe81
  8. 'Remember password for Internet e-mail accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    'Remember password for Internet e-mail accounts?: If my hard drive is encrypted with BitLocker, do I need to set the following Outlook 2016 GPO to enabled as below? Disable 'Remember password' for Internet e-mail accounts = ENABLED It disables the ability to cache passwords locally in the computer's registry and password...
  9. e-mail, passwords

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    e-mail, passwords: I have done something to delete saving my pass words and e- mails. how do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-passwords/36b455da-9733-4ae8-842c-526953cf0cb7
  10. Mail Password

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Password: mail keep changing my password to 16 digites. using pop/smtp mail account (sprcturm email) 117150