Windows 10: Mail adds numbers in square brackets to incoming mail attachments - How do I stop this?

Discus and support Mail adds numbers in square brackets to incoming mail attachments - How do I stop this? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I receive an email with an attachment, the attachment is named as sent. Example "attachment.docx"When I open or save said attachment, Mail adds a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShaunDolphin, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Mail adds numbers in square brackets to incoming mail attachments - How do I stop this?

When I receive an email with an attachment, the attachment is named as sent. Example "attachment.docx"When I open or save said attachment, Mail adds a number in square brackets to the file name. Example "attachment[10002].docx"It does it with all file types, are there doesn't appear to be a sequence. my last 4 attachments have opened with none-sequential numbers.Why is it doing this, and how do I stop it from doing it?

:)

ShaunDolphin, Apr 30, 2021
  2. Win20Win Win User

Odd Numbering on Attachments from Mail

I've seen this question asked a few times on the Microsoft answers site but nobody seemed to get a resolution: whenever I download an attachment from an email account using the Windows 10 Mail app, it automatically adds a string of numbers in square brackets to the file. For example, if the attachment shows as 'myfile.pdf', it will save as 'myfile[2324].pdf' or 'myfile[8632].pdf' or similar. But if I download the same file using the webmail site, there are no extra numbers.

Can anyone tell me why it's doing this?

Win20Win, Apr 30, 2021
  3. S.Jo. Win User
    Mail Attachments not visible in the Windows 10 Mail program

Hi there,

first of all I don't want to forward each and every incoming mail to check if there is an attachment or not.

And in addition: The proposed solution doesn't work. If a mail contains an attachment that is not shown by MS-Mail, even forwarding doesn't show this attachment!

Sorry, but this was a absolutely helpless suggestion.

Yours

S.

S.Jo., Apr 30, 2021
  4. CJW
    CJW Win User

Mail adds numbers in square brackets to incoming mail attachments - How do I stop this?

Stop Gmail from labeling incoming mail

I am using Windows 10 & check my email through the Vivaldi browser.
    When I get emails, they always have some sort of Label: Social, Updates, Forums or Promotions.
    I'd like to stop having my emails labeled.

I've gone through these steps:
    • Logged into my Gmail account through my browser
    • Clicked the gear icon in the upper right & chose "See All Settings"
    • Clicked on the 'Inbox' tab
    • In the 'Importance Markers' section,
      I selected 'No markers' & 'Use my past actions to predict which messages are important to me'
    • In the 'Filtered Mail' section,
      I selected 'Don't override filters'
    • I then clicked 'Save Changes'
    But emails still arrive w/a label attached to them. Am I missing/doing something wrong?

Thema:

Mail adds numbers in square brackets to incoming mail attachments - How do I stop this?

1. Mail adds numbers in square brackets to incoming mail attachments - How do I stop this? - Similar Threads - Mail adds numbers

2. NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!: hello, I need HELP, i have not been able to update my email. new messages have not come in since 15th March https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-incoming-mails/8d0bbd0b-c2e3-4b21-bd95-ea76adc2e447
  3. NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!: hello, I need HELP, i have not been able to update my email. new messages have not come in since 15th March https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-incoming-mails/8d0bbd0b-c2e3-4b21-bd95-ea76adc2e447
  4. Windows Mail: Incoming Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail: Incoming Mail: For some contacts in my address book, I don't see the Name / Surname appear in the inbox section. Even if in the "Contacts" section I have registered the person with his Name / Surname / Email, when I receive their emails I do not see the person's Name / Surname but only his...
  5. Windows Mail: Incoming Mail

Windows Mail: Incoming Mail: For some contacts in my address book, I don't see the Name / Surname appear in the inbox section. Even if in the "Contacts" section I have registered the person with his Name / Surname / Email, when I receive their emails I do not see the person's Name / Surname but only his...
  6. Windows Mail cuts attachements for incoming e-mail from specific mail domain.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Mail cuts attachements for incoming e-mail from specific mail domain.: Hi! I've narrowed the problem down to being Windows Mail only having issues with e-mail attachments not being delivered. Just text. I've tried other mail clients em Client, Outlook which had no problem with delivering the attachments. I've tried resetting the Windows Mail...
  7. I do not get mail attachments in mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    I do not get mail attachments in mail app: Something went wrong yesterday and my Mail app stopped delivering attachments. This issue is on my Windows 10 laptop. The app installed on the phone is working properly....
  8. How do I move incoming mail to junk.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I move incoming mail to junk.: How do I move mail from my incoming box to junk box. And will it quit appearing in my msn mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-incoming-mail-to-junk/a5382847-7bbd-424a-96d4-3893de759100
  9. Odd Numbering on Attachments from Mail

Odd Numbering on Attachments from Mail: I've seen this question asked a few times on the Microsoft answers site but nobody seemed to get a resolution: whenever I download an attachment from an email account using the Windows 10 Mail app, it automatically adds a string of numbers in square brackets to the file. For...
  10. No attachments in incoming Mail for Windows 10

No attachments in incoming Mail for Windows 10: Lets try this thread again...seems I have a client w/ Windows 10 Pro that uses Windows 10 Mail...the user informed me yesterday that she has not been receiving any attachments....and she's right. When I checked the server that hosts the email account the attachment is there....