Windows 10: Mail and calendar app no longer supports Google accounts

Discus and support Mail and calendar app no longer supports Google accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why does the mail and calendar app no longer support google accounts since to 20h2 os build? Accounts can be added but they dont work. This has worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Richard1287945, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Mail and calendar app no longer supports Google accounts

Why does the mail and calendar app no longer support google accounts since to 20h2 os build? Accounts can be added but they dont work. This has worked fine for years! Im really surprised microsoft have done this.

:)

Richard1287945, Nov 19, 2020
  2. s427 Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

3. peerv Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

First confirm if you have two step authentication in you Google account.
    If YES follow these steps:

To have the Windows Mail app to work you have to generate a password for the Windows Mail app in your Google account at Anmelden – Google Konten
    Copy/paste this password into the password field of your Gmail account in the Mail app Settings/Accounts/Gmail
    This needs to be done only once.

Also check in Windows 10 Settings/Privacy if you have in Contacts AND Calender the Mail and Agenda allowed access ON
    If both are OFF the Mail app won't sync without throwing any error!!
    Just one off the many bugs in Mail app!

peerv, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Mail and calendar app no longer supports Google accounts

Syncing Google Calendars with Calendar App

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provide, I understand that you are unable to sync Outlook calendar and Google calendar.

I would suggest you to use Outlook.com as the first step and then try to import the Google calendar ics file.

Please follow below.

Export Google Calendar

• Logon to your Google Account.
    • Click the gear button.
    • Follow the path Settings> Calendars> Export calendars.
    • It downloads as a zip, hence you have to extract the .ics file.
    Import Google calendar to Outlook.

• Login to Outlook.com.
    • Click on Import in the context menu.
    • Select the Google Calendar .ics file to import it.
    All your Outlook events and appointments are now either in Google Calendar, whichever one you chose to import to .

You can also refer to the below link for additional information on Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10 Help

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...-10-Help-cc72af58-c630-43a5-8d75-bcae851565f3

Refer to the section Resolve Sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Mail and calendar app no longer supports Google accounts

1. Mail and calendar app no longer supports Google accounts - Similar Threads - Mail calendar app

2. iCloud Account not syncing with Mail and Calendar App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iCloud Account not syncing with Mail and Calendar App: Hello,I am experiencing issues trying to connect my iCloud Account to my Windows Calendar and Mail. I tried setting up my iCloud Account using the data for input and output server provided here: https://support.apple.com/de-de/HT202304I am using the application-specific...
  3. iCloud Account not syncing with Mail and Calendar App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud Account not syncing with Mail and Calendar App: Hello,I am experiencing issues trying to connect my iCloud Account to my Windows Calendar and Mail. I tried setting up my iCloud Account using the data for input and output server provided here: https://support.apple.com/de-de/HT202304I am using the application-specific...
  4. Calendar app can't search in google accounts

Calendar app can't search in google accounts: Hello, I'm having two Google accounts and an Outlook account added to Win10 Version 20H2. Synch works, fine both ways: creating an event on any other devices or on the Calendar app, the event is showing up everywhere. But trying to do a search is giving an error message:...
  5. Mail & Calendar App failing to sync accounts.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail & Calendar App failing to sync accounts.: I've been having problems with Microsoft Mail for the past 3 days now and what's killing me is the fact that this was completely random and out of the blue. Before I explain my issue I just want to point out that the app was working perfectly prior to.. nothing. I changed...
  6. Google account not working in Mails and Calendar

Google account not working in Mails and Calendar: I have a Google account I want to use in the Mail and Calendar App. I can add it, but it doesn't work. In the Mails, no emails will sync. In the Calendar, there is no item under this account, which is not possible as shown in the screen shot. The account adding process goes...
  7. Calendar for Google Calendar Genius Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Calendar for Google Calendar Genius Apps: Has anyone purchased the "Calendar for Google Calendar ( Genius Apps)" to work? How did you receive the code to open it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-for-google-calendar-genius-apps/b85d71b8-b963-4ec6-9fe7-e28b298fdfa0"
  8. Mail and Calendar app stuck on Creating account

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar app stuck on Creating account: All, My Mail and Calendar app has failed to work since this morning. It stopped receiving any mail this morning, with the reset of the mail app pretty much making it useless. [img] I have reset the app, restarted the computer and now the next step if it has to happen, a...
  9. Calendar and Mail app

Calendar and Mail app: Mail app stopped working. Hotmail email was fine but linked gmail refused to sync. Could not access "manage accounts" - nothing happened when clicking on account names for either hotmail or gmail. Tried resetting the app as suggested in help but now cant even open the...
  10. Mail & Calendar App

in Browsers and Email
    Mail & Calendar App: By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated. [img] 42744