Windows 10: Mail and Calendar App (preview): help and known issues

Discus and support Mail and Calendar App (preview): help and known issues in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Welcome to Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar for Windows Technical Preview Applies To: Outlook Mail for Windows 10, Outlook Calendar for Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Slartybart, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Mail and Calendar App (preview): help and known issues

Welcome to Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar for Windows Technical Preview
    Applies To: Outlook Mail for Windows 10, Outlook Calendar for Windows 10, Outlook for Windows Phone 10
    Known issues in Mail and Calendar apps for Windows Technical Preview
    Issues in this list might occur in the Mail and Calendar Windows 10 Technical Preview apps for Desktop as well as the Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar Preview apps for Mobile (Windows Phone).

:)

Slartybart, Jun 28, 2015

2. How do I get Windows 10 Mail to work with bellsouth.net?

Can I suggest that you familiarize yourself with a subject first before you spout nonsense?

Outlook Mail and Calendar app (otherwise known as Mail (and Calendar)) contrary to the Win8 Mail app works fine with POP accounts as a preview app and mail send app. Except that it still handles it as IMAP and doesn't delete the messages from the server
    once read, which is why I use it as preview and mail send app and use another email client (OE classic) to store my inbound emails permanently once they start piling up on the server. This then empties the inbox on Mail.

It's not a proper POP3 Email app and I'm not sure if it is even a proper IMAP email app.

edit:

Since this is an App that can be used on multiple devices and you want to see all your mail on all devices the mail has to stay on the server or else mail will be scattered over different devices and only be visible on the devices that messages were saved
    to. This is most likely the reason why the Mail app leaves messages on the server even in POP mode.

BeefRWijker, Jun 28, 2015
  3. Mark Bu Win User
    Win 10 and Mail send to function not working

Hello,

This is a known issue in the Windows 10 Mail app.

Please provide feedback requesting this functionality. You can provide feedback by following the steps in the following article: Provide
    feedback in Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10.

Mark Bu, Jun 28, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Mail and Calendar App (preview): help and known issues

Good catch.. from that link:

Mystere, Jun 28, 2015
  5. yeah .... this Mail App - is there a way to mark a folder 'all read'? and another member made me look a bit deeper.

Should we tell sgage? I know you already posted that it can't be done in the current preview rls, but a citation is always nice to have - unless it's from an officer of the law *Tongue

Slartybart, Jun 28, 2015
  6. sgage Win User
    I will look at these links. I am beginning to be able to actually use the Mail App as of 10130, if only it had a mark all as read...

sgage, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mail and Calendar App (preview): help and known issues

1. Mail and Calendar App (preview): help and known issues - Similar Threads - Mail Calendar App

2. Windows 11 - Mail and Calendar App Issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Mail and Calendar App Issues.: Since upgrading to Windows 11, Mail and Calendar are not working correctly. I have problems sending email from any of my 3 accounts - it gets hung up in Outbox. Creating a new email, it creates about 4 'drafts' that I have to manually delete.I have 'repaired' Mail account...
  3. Windows 11 - Mail and Calendar App Issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Mail and Calendar App Issues.: Since upgrading to Windows 11, Mail and Calendar are not working correctly. I have problems sending email from any of my 3 accounts - it gets hung up in Outbox. Creating a new email, it creates about 4 'drafts' that I have to manually delete.I have 'repaired' Mail account...
  4. Mail and Calendar app issue

Mail and Calendar app issue: Something about my luck with MS answers. They never seem to work for me on mine. Mail & Calendar always worked. Then one day I clicked on it, it opened, and almost immediately it disappeared. I read up on solutions and I've RESET it. UNINSTALLED it. Tried to reinstall it from...
  5. mail and calendar app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    mail and calendar app: I cannot download mail and calendar app from MS Store. I get message there is something wrong, try again, code 0x80070426. Have tried several times over last couple of days with same message....
  6. Mail and calendar App

Mail and calendar App: My mail app will not work. I have tried pretty much everything I can find online to get it working again. Any ideas? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calendar-app/e50f6c3c-83f0-494e-949c-3977104adf56
  7. Calendar and Mail app

Calendar and Mail app: Mail app stopped working. Hotmail email was fine but linked gmail refused to sync. Could not access "manage accounts" - nothing happened when clicking on account names for either hotmail or gmail. Tried resetting the app as suggested in help but now cant even open the...
  8. Mail & Calendar Issues

in Browsers and Email
    Mail & Calendar Issues: Hello, I usually help my elderly mother out when she has problems with her computer but this time I have no clue what could be going on here. She can't get her MAIL or CALENDAR programs to work. If you click on the icon, nothing happens at all. I tried everything I could...
  9. Mail & Calendar App

in Browsers and Email
    Mail & Calendar App: By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated. [img] 42744
  10. Calendar and mail app issues

Calendar and mail app issues: Hello ! I'm currently trying to set the mail app of W10 to read my Gmail mailbox but after configure, the app doesn't find any elements to show... Does anyone managed to configure a Gmail account into the mail app of W10 successfully ? Is there something special to do ?...