Windows 10: Mail and Calendar Apps won't open

Discus and support Mail and Calendar Apps won't open in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My Mail and Calendar Apps worked well for about a week, but today neither will open. How can I get them to open? 14284 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by srmarion, Aug 7, 2015.

1. srmarion Win User

Mail and Calendar Apps won't open

My Mail and Calendar Apps worked well for about a week, but today neither will open. How can I get them to open?

:)

srmarion, Aug 7, 2015

2. E mail won't open in windows 10

My calendar & E Mail app won't open.

JacquelineAndersonYS, Aug 7, 2015
  3. CarterN93 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail and Calendar problems

When I first installed windows 10 everything worked fine. I haven't changed anything on my system and yet all of a sudden windows mail and calendar do not work properly. Mail opens but I am unable to click on anything within the mail app and can only minimize,
    maximize, and close the app. The calendar app won't open at all.

CarterN93, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

I had a problem with Calendar crashing and tried everything that has to do with repairing store apps, nothing worked. Then by chance I found out if I turn "Choose apps that can use your location" (settings app>privacy>Location>scroll down) off for Mail & Calendar, the Calendar opened and stayed open.

Also both just got updated so check Store>Downloads>check for updates.

Cliff S, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Sooze Win User
    I can't open Mail at all, and now I also can't open Store so can't check for updates any more!

ETA: Have now just tried switching the Location settings for MAil/Calendar, both ways, and neither makes any difference so far. *Sad

Sooze, Aug 8, 2015
  6. srmarion Win User
    Thanks for the response Cliff. I think the update fixed it.

srmarion, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail and Calendar Apps won't open - Similar Threads - Mail Calendar Apps

2. mail and calendar app wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail and calendar app wont open: Mail icon disappeared from task bar and app wont open in Microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calendar-app-wont-open/633a7b21-13c2-426b-b952-3f3f148ad715
  3. mail and calendar app wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail and calendar app wont open: Mail icon disappeared from task bar and app wont open in Microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calendar-app-wont-open/633a7b21-13c2-426b-b952-3f3f148ad715
  4. Calendar won't open after Mail App re-installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar won't open after Mail App re-installed: HP Smart Friend tech support advised me today that I needed to contact Microsoft about a problem with Windows Mail 10 and Calendar, as they have been getting many calls re problems with this app in the past two days. HP tech support did a reset of the app. When that didn't...
  5. Calendar won't open after Mail App re-installed

Calendar won't open after Mail App re-installed: HP Smart Friend tech support advised me today that I needed to contact Microsoft about a problem with Windows Mail 10 and Calendar, as they have been getting many calls re problems with this app in the past two days. HP tech support did a reset of the app. When that didn't...
  6. My calendar in Mail won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My calendar in Mail won't open: My calendar in Mail won't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-calendar-in-mail-wont-open/b55266d1-c4dd-4d0a-b221-a65d3dc2dbc1
  7. My calendar in Mail won't open

My calendar in Mail won't open: My calendar in Mail won't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-calendar-in-mail-wont-open/b55266d1-c4dd-4d0a-b221-a65d3dc2dbc1
  8. Mail and Calendar won't open or run

Mail and Calendar won't open or run: The mail and calendar apps are shaded grey and will not open. I have troubleshot the problem to no avail. I used Powershell to uninstall and then reinstalled the apps. Once in the store, it says that the apps have already been installed. I recently updated to KB4346783....
  9. Mail and Calendar Apps won't open

Mail and Calendar Apps won't open: I just installed the Windows 10 Preview on my Surface Pro 3 and immediately updated it to the 10130 build. Anytime that I try to open up the Mail and Calendar apps, both will pop up for 1 second and then immediately crash. I've searched fixes but nothing has helped so far....
  10. Mail and Calendar app won't launch

Mail and Calendar app won't launch: Hi, I have a weird issue. My mail and calendar app will not launch. This started happening on Friday 7 August 2015 after the first cumulative update. I am on Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I have a Sony Vaio laptop and my installation is an upgrade from Windows 7 Home. Out...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mail and calendar this app cant open

2. mail and calendar wont stay open

3. mail and calendar wont open

4. microsoft mail calendar wont open,
  5. windows phone calendar and mail app wont stay open,
  6. window phone mail and calendar wont open,
  7. windows phone mail and calendar wont open,
  8. mail & calendar app wont open windowsphone,
  9. mail calendar app wont open