Windows 10: Mail and Calendar default application

Discus and support Mail and Calendar default application in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In default application, mail and calendar apps does not show default app. It shows add button. When I try to add, it shows no app is installed. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lvgandhi, Jul 3, 2015.

1. lvgandhi Win User

Mail and Calendar default application

In default application, mail and calendar apps does not show default app. It shows add button. When I try to add, it shows no app is installed. But Microsoft mail and calendar app is installed. How to go about it.

:)

lvgandhi, Jul 3, 2015

2. Cannot set "Calendar" as default app

I mean if your mail app is the default, calendar app is going to be your default, though you can't select it or choose it from the default calendar selection.

if mail app is your default, you can test that Calendar app is your default by using cortana to assign an appointment (anything) and if you open Microsoft Calendar app, it should be there.

That's if you want Microsoft Calendar app to be your default. I have not tried to make other calendar applications to be the default for example google calendar.

I'm using Microsoft mail and calendar app. that's why it worked for me, since mail and calendar app from Microsoft are the same.

I think default selection for calendar is not working well, that's an OS problem should be fixed by Microsoft.

I hope I have helped you.

AliAbu-Zaina, Jul 3, 2015
  3. JimP1459 Win User
    Changing default Window 10 calendar to Office 2013

Installed Windows 10 upgrade. I would LOVE to change the default calendar (and mail) in Windows 10 to my Office 2013 Calendar. I use Office for mail, contacts and calendar. This seems almost a no-brainer, but I cannot find any setting allowing me to use
    Office applications as the default Windows 10 application. I have way too much information to migrate the data into a less robust application.

I've seen rants about this in other online forums and wanted to get MS Community input.

JimP1459, Jul 3, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 3, 2015
  5. lvgandhi Win User
    Thanks Brink.
    Control panel default programs are showing MS calendar and mail as default. But Settings default is not showing any default programs for Calendar and mail. It shows choose default.

lvgandhi, Jul 3, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Are you able to do step 5 in OPTION SIX to set them fully default?

Brink, Jul 3, 2015
  7. lvgandhi Win User
    Yes.

lvgandhi, Jul 4, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Is it working properly now?

Brink, Jul 4, 2015
  9. lvgandhi Win User
    No. Settings default still shows empty for Calendar and mail though control panel default shows Calendar and mail.

lvgandhi, Jul 4, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Please go ahead and post a screenshot showing what you see in Settings in Systems -> Default apps.

Brink, Jul 4, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    Shawn, I think it remains that way unless you add another 3rd party calendar app because the Mail/Calendar apps work as one.
    I could be wrong.

Mail and Calendar default application [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 4, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, Mail and Calendar is one app, and would most likely why you can only set it as the default for one.

I can set the Mail app as default for Email, but not the Calendar app for Calendar in Settings. I think about all you can do is set them as the default in "Default Programs" in the Control Panel instead.

Brink, Jul 4, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

They also turn on and off with the click of only one button.
    Why there's two buttons then? I do not know! *Wink

Edwin, Jul 4, 2015
  14. lvgandhi Win User
    settings default is as below

control panel default for Calendar is as follows.

lvgandhi, Jul 4, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    lvgandhi,

When you click on "Choose a default" for Email in your top screenshot, click on Mail if listed. If not, click on "Look for an app in the Store" to see if you can select the "Mail and Calendar" app there.

Brink, Jul 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Mail and Calendar default application - Similar Threads - Mail Calendar default

2. windows 10 Mail App default calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 Mail App default calendar: Hi, When I set up calendar new event in my windows 10 mail app on desktop, the default calender is from for example gmail. My question is whenever I set up a calender event, can I pre set the default calendar, for example icloud?...
  3. configure the default e-mail application

in Windows 10 Customization
    configure the default e-mail application: I want G-mail to be the default email application on my Windows 10 PC - how do I accomplish this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/configure-the-default-e-mail-application/255ae6ce-478b-4f95-b90a-8e7f313eee3e
  4. Why is the Windows 10 Mail and Calendar application not working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is the Windows 10 Mail and Calendar application not working?: My mom is a home tutor, so all her lessons are now on Zoom. We have to send the meeting invitations out via her email address. But this is a problem because I am having to pull up the browser and sign into web mail so her students can join the meeting. Having to log into web...
  5. windows 10 e-mail and Calendar application problems

windows 10 e-mail and Calendar application problems: Dear all lover people Sorry for posting here but I don’t know where should I feedback to MS’s developer team I think windows 10 mail and calendar application very excellence and very accessible for blind people. However, when Windows has some update there are some issue...
  6. Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail & Calendar: Windows 10 -- Mail and Calendar are not working. Updating message has been running for 2 days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-calendar/2e36b1a5-95e6-4bf4-b4ab-ac3ef20b7135
  7. Mail and calendar

Mail and calendar: If I try and open either, I get a message stating Give us a minute. We're updating Mail. It should be ready to use shortly and offers to Copy to clipboard or close. This has been like it since yesterday. Any ideas anybody please? Shelley...
  8. Mail and Calendar

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar: Why don't deleted emails go to the deleted items folder? 20862
  9. Still Calendar is not default application.

Still Calendar is not default application.: Now full windows 10 is there. We can not get Calendar as default application for Calendar. When we click for choose default, it says "There is no installed app or protocol and look for an app in store." If we go to look in store msg says 'Your search for...
  10. Mail & Calendar

Mail & Calendar: New version Of Mail & Calendar App available from Windows 10 Store You may find when you to Store that it is ready to be downloaded A notice may come up to close it and download it again That is what I did and it went in ok 41466