Windows 10: Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 message rules

Discus and support Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 message rules in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good afternoon, can anyone help before I go total mad... I understand i can set rules for a hotmail account but how do I set them for none hotmail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kick-butt.co.uk, May 26, 2019.

1. Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 message rules

Good afternoon,

can anyone help before I go total mad...

I understand i can set rules for a hotmail account but how do I set them for none hotmail accounts.

I ask as I was using Windows Live Mail until I had to do a restore on my notebook and and windows (10) removed it along with all the pre-installed acre software.

Or f there is not away any recommendation for a good free email program/app.

Chris

:)

kick-butt.co.uk, May 26, 2019
  2. Mel Tar Win User

Mail & Calendar app on Windows 10

If there are no error messages, check on the article below, and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:

Let us know if the issue persists.

Mel Tar, May 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 message rules :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 26, 2019
  4. s427 Win User

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 message rules

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

Thema:

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 message rules

1. Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 message rules - Similar Threads - Mail Calendar message

2. Windows 10 Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail & Calendar: Because of an apparent HDD failure, I have had to re-setup my wife's computer on an SSD.After re-setting up Windows 10 Mail & Calendar I have found that her calendar has disappeared. However my calendar which is shared with my wife is there.Previously my wife had three email...
  3. Windows 10 Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail & Calendar: Because of an apparent HDD failure, I have had to re-setup my wife's computer on an SSD.After re-setting up Windows 10 Mail & Calendar I have found that her calendar has disappeared. However my calendar which is shared with my wife is there.Previously my wife had three email...
  4. Windows 10 Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Mail and Calendar: Hi there! I have a huge problem. My official Mail and calendar app doesn't sync gmail immediately, it only refreshes my emails from gmail whenever I open the app. What is the cause of this? I've read somewhere that for now, something has changed I guess in google APIs,...
  6. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar

Windows 10 Mail and Calendar: Hi. I use a Gmail account for the above app but it stopped recording Sent mail last month. I've reset it and deleted and re-installed but had no joy. Have you any ideas why please? Thanks Chris...
  7. Windows 10 Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail & Calendar: How do you do a back up of the above. Save entire program, Calendar,People list etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-calendar/81b3b49b-ad85-4ce4-ae62-fc598c1d790a
  8. Mail and Calendar for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail and Calendar for Windows 10: How do I search for exact phrases in e-mail in "Mail and Calendar for Windows 10"? Enclosing it in double quotes does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calendar-for-windows-10/1dc560e5-6a89-4267-a4d5-6e3be74ec262
  9. Mail and Calendar for Windows 10

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10: I have been using Calendar for Windows 10 for over a year. I was always able to put in new reminders, change reminders and move reminders to a different day or time. In the last few weeks that has changed. I can add things, but if I try to change or move reminders, the...
  10. How do you create Message Rules for Windows Live Mail in Windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    How do you create Message Rules for Windows Live Mail in Windows 10?: Hello. We used to have several "Message Rules" organize incoming email in Windows Live Mail. How do you set up Message Rules or the equivalent in Windows 10? Thanks. 63375