Windows 10: Mail and Microsoft Store unusable???

Discus and support Mail and Microsoft Store unusable??? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi,Just about had my fill of Microsoft Store, especially with the updates, whats going on with it?, Code: 0x80244018 ERROR constantly, download bar... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Digger32, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Digger32 Win User

Mail and Microsoft Store unusable???

Hi,Just about had my fill of Microsoft Store, especially with the updates, whats going on with it?, Code: 0x80244018 ERROR constantly, download bar isnt operating correctly, download about half the update for example Mail and Calendar and download speed drops to nothing then the ERROR......Cannot log yahoo mail into Mail on Windows 10 without another error....its constant...Im no genuis when it comes to fixing these problems but i have followed all the tutorials from CMD prompts to Power Shell and still no solution, please i have logged in and out of my account tried everything, updated window

:)

Digger32, Jul 26, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail and Microsoft Store unusable??? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Mail and Microsoft Store unusable???

Store and Mail do not work

Hello Mike,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the
    Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

Step 1: If the issue persists, then I suggest you to remove and reconfigure the account back in the Mail app.

Reconfiguring the account should force it to sync again and resolve the issue.

For reference: Mail app for Windows

Outlook help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Step 2: If issue persists then there might be a chance that the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store. To get these apps working
    again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open PowerShell
      as administrator. Type PowerShell in the search box, right click on it and select
      run as administrator.

• Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail app from the Store (green tile).

Method 3:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.
    Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

Mail and Microsoft Store unusable???

1. Mail and Microsoft Store unusable??? - Similar Threads - Mail Microsoft Store

2. Windows 11, Microsoft Store is Unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, Microsoft Store is Unusable: Bought a new PC on windows 11, and I'm trying to do the updates on the Microsoft store. The updates take 15 minutes to detect and are either stuck on pending, paused, or download at around 5 kb/s. We download at 7 mb/s on everything else so it is just the store. So we are...
  3. Windows 11, Microsoft Store is Unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, Microsoft Store is Unusable: Bought a new PC on windows 11, and I'm trying to do the updates on the Microsoft store. The updates take 15 minutes to detect and are either stuck on pending, paused, or download at around 5 kb/s. We download at 7 mb/s on everything else so it is just the store. So we are...
  4. Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar not working: Windows 10 user: My Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar are not working. The apps are there but when I click on one it disappears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-mail-calendar-not-working/86f12013-41e9-4576-9e59-8ea46a9f1779
  5. Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar not working: Windows 10 user: My Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar are not working. The apps are there but when I click on one it disappears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-mail-calendar-not-working/86f12013-41e9-4576-9e59-8ea46a9f1779
  6. Both Mail/Calendar and Microsoft Store crashes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Both Mail/Calendar and Microsoft Store crashes: Hello.Let me explain: I recently discovered a big problem with my Mail and Calendar app, where they both decide to crash seconds after opening them. All the troubleshooting guides I found online didn't help me, so I decided to simply uninstall/reinstall the app, and that's...
  7. Both Mail/Calendar and Microsoft Store crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Mail/Calendar and Microsoft Store crashes: Hello.Let me explain: I recently discovered a big problem with my Mail and Calendar app, where they both decide to crash seconds after opening them. All the troubleshooting guides I found online didn't help me, so I decided to simply uninstall/reinstall the app, and that's...
  8. Cannot open Mail app and Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot open Mail app and Microsoft Store: After a Windows Update occurred on my computer I lost many programs and now I cannot use my "mail" icon Microsoft Store. Each time I press the icons nothing happens. I have attempted to restart my computer several times, logged out and logged back in, nothing. What can I...
  9. Default mail apps restricted to Microsoft Store?

in Browsers and Email
    Default mail apps restricted to Microsoft Store?: I'm 99% sure that when I used File > Email Link from my Firefox browser it would always open my preferred and long standing application, Agent (from Forte). But today I got this message: [img] On going to Settings > Apps & Features > Default Apps I cannot find any way to...
  10. My Microsoft store grey and unusable.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Microsoft store grey and unusable.: My Microsoft store grey and unusable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-store-grey-and-unusable/707a15c5-60c1-4903-a290-15e99e4d4a73