Windows 10: Mail and People App won't sync to my Icloud Account

Discus and support Mail and People App won't sync to my Icloud Account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to sync my contacts, calanders, and email from my Icloud to my windows mail and people apps. I checked for updates already and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CamilleBM_995, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Mail and People App won't sync to my Icloud Account

Hello,

I am trying to sync my contacts, calanders, and email from my Icloud to my windows mail and people apps. I checked for updates already and restarted my computer. I also tried to delete the account and re-enter the information twice.

:)

CamilleBM_995, Apr 22, 2020

2. Can't setup iCloud account in the People app

I am trying to add my iCloud account to the People app in Windows 10 (Fall Creator's Edition).

My steps:

1. I start the People app and click Add Accounts.
    2. I select iCloud from the list. For email address, I enter my login email address for iCloud. For Send your messages..., I enter my name. And then the iCloud password. And then click Sign in.
    3. It says Your account was setup successfully, but then when I dismiss the dialog, it says
      Mail and People App won't sync to my Icloud Account YqVPy.png

What am I missing? Why does it not connect?

Mail and People App won't sync to my Icloud Account CYbS7.png

AngryHacker, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Tarek Win User
    Can't sync iCloud mail

I'm trying to set the Mail app to sync my iCloud email but it won't. I am using an app-specific password. My iCloud account's calendar and contacts have been successfully connected and synced but only the mail part won't. Whenever I turn on the switch and click save and open back the settings, I find that it's turned off.

What gives?

Mail and People App won't sync to my Icloud Account Y8IKh.png

Tarek, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Helmut Win User

Mail and People App won't sync to my Icloud Account

Syncing People App

The People App is linked to the Mail App. In the Mail App you can choose the Sync properties of each Account (Mail, Calendar, Contacts).
    It is slightly obscure as when you go to Account properties you have to go to > Change mailbox sync settings > toggle on those that are required to sync.
    15 min is a Sync frequency you can choose.

Some Accounts may only have a Mail choice in there, Accounts like MS/Outlook Mail, Gmail etc have Calendar and Contacts as well.

Potentially it can get rather confusing.

I use a Local Account on the PCs and sign on to one of my Microsoft Accounts separately.
    The People App itself is synced with one of those Microsoft/Outlook Mail Accounts.
    I have 5 Accounts(3 Brands) in all that can potentially Sync Contacts(& Calendars).

Helmut, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Mail and People App won't sync to my Icloud Account

1. Mail and People App won't sync to my Icloud Account - Similar Threads - Mail App won't

2. Why is People app not able to sync iCloud contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is People app not able to sync iCloud contacts: When I open the people app I get a notification saying that sync failed on one account. I go into the "fix account" and I give the correct password. but then the window closes and nothing happens. also something wierd: my icloud account is called...
  3. Why is People app not able to sync iCloud contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is People app not able to sync iCloud contacts: When I open the people app I get a notification saying that sync failed on one account. I go into the "fix account" and I give the correct password. but then the window closes and nothing happens. also something wierd: my icloud account is called...
  4. Only Mail App syncing with iCloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only Mail App syncing with iCloud: Hi, I have been trying to sync my iCloud calendar with my Calendar App on Windows 10. When I sign it, it only signs into the Mail App but it does not appear on People & Calendar. Is there anything here I am missing?...
  5. Only Mail App syncing with iCloud

Only Mail App syncing with iCloud: Hi, I have been trying to sync my iCloud calendar with my Calendar App on Windows 10. When I sign it, it only signs into the Mail App but it does not appear on People & Calendar. Is there anything here I am missing?...
  6. iCloud Account not syncing with Mail and Calendar App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iCloud Account not syncing with Mail and Calendar App: Hello,I am experiencing issues trying to connect my iCloud Account to my Windows Calendar and Mail. I tried setting up my iCloud Account using the data for input and output server provided here: https://support.apple.com/de-de/HT202304I am using the application-specific...
  7. iCloud Account not syncing with Mail and Calendar App

iCloud Account not syncing with Mail and Calendar App: Hello,I am experiencing issues trying to connect my iCloud Account to my Windows Calendar and Mail. I tried setting up my iCloud Account using the data for input and output server provided here: https://support.apple.com/de-de/HT202304I am using the application-specific...
  8. People App with iCloud

People App with iCloud: The App stopped working - no contacts are visible. The App syncs well. Nothing on view. All I care about is my contacts. Does this App require Windows 10 to be logged into Microsoft account? I am using a local account. I have seen hundreds of complaints about this App....
  9. Issues syncing Win 10 People app with iCloud

Issues syncing Win 10 People app with iCloud: I have successfully added my iCloud account to the People app using an app-specific password and it claims to be syncing OK...however there are simply no contacts appearing in the People App at all! In the account sync setting I have enabled Contacts and Calendar syncs and my...
  10. Windows 10 mail app not syncing with Caldav icloud account

Windows 10 mail app not syncing with Caldav icloud account: HI There, I have the latest window 10 Home build, latest windows store "Mail and Calendar" app updated. For some reason the windows mail app stopped syncing my icloud caldav account????? I can still receive and send emails no problem with that. But the calander is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. give account permission to sync email

2. why wont emails send from icloud account on my laptop