Windows 10: mail and weather app not running in background

Discus and support mail and weather app not running in background in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; why mail and weather app is suspended? these app always shows me old temperature and old mail. i have to open those app for getting updated temperature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MSajidww, May 13, 2021.

1. MSajidww Win User

mail and weather app not running in background

why mail and weather app is suspended? these app always shows me old temperature and old mail. i have to open those app for getting updated temperature and mail. fix this please.

:)

MSajidww, May 13, 2021
  2. Helmut Win User

Background apps are they needed

I simply went down the list of Background Apps, around 55 in all, and switched them all Off.
    I switched On - Mail, People, Settings, Weather and that's all.
    Mail and Weather I have Live Tiles so obviously they need to be On.

It's entirely your choice, what you don't want/use obviously Off.

Being Off won't stop you using any of those Apps, just stops pointless junk running in the background.

Helmut, May 13, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. mail and weather app not running in background :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 13, 2021
  4. mail and weather app not running in background

How add the Mail app to the Background Apps in Windows 10

I'm having this issue as well.

As per your listed steps, the Mail app is not a choice in the list under the "Choose an app to show detailed status," it's only available under the "quick status" options.

Just testing this lock screen feature out, I selected the Weather app for "detailed status" and the Mail app for "quick status" - when I view the lock screen, it only shows the time and date. No weather information, and no mail either.

CreightonLinza, May 13, 2021
Thema:

mail and weather app not running in background

1. mail and weather app not running in background - Similar Threads - mail weather app

2. mail doesn't run in the background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail doesn't run in the background: I tried everything but mail doesn't run in the background. it only updates mail when I refresh it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-doesnt-run-in-the-background/885f56f2-0825-49cb-a466-cb1d318e026d
  3. Windows 10 Mail App not running in the background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mail App not running in the background?: When I used to use the windows mail app a couple of months ago it would run in the background and continue to receive emails even when the app was closed. Now I've noticed it only receives emails if the app is actively open. I've checked my settings and verified it is a part...
  4. Mail app in background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app in background: I am new to windows 10 (got my first pc today after swtching from mac). How can I have the default Mail app run in the background, so that I don't have to have it open 24/7 and still get new email notifications? Can't seem to find any options for this. Edit: If not possible,...
  5. Mail not running in background

Mail not running in background: So the Mail app has stopped checking for new messages in the background. Now it only gives me new mail notifications AFTER I open the app. Kind of defeats the point of notifications. Anyone know why it could have stopped working and how to fix it?...
  6. Apps running in background .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps running in background .: I would like to stop the possibility of certain programs to run in the windows background. How can I do that? I stopped everything from Task Manager - Startup, but it did not work. Always when I open the computer or give it a restart, the same programs run in the...
  7. Windows Weather App background colour

Windows Weather App background colour: On my Linx Tablet, the weather app has, in some way, changed its background colour to an awful pale orange. The App works fine but try as I may, I cannot find a way to get it back to the nice pale blue background colour back? Any advice will be appreciated....
  8. Apps Running in Background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps Running in Background: Recently, I've had a lot of Windows apps running in the background- photos, calculator, and the store app, just to name a few- despite the fact that I have my computer set to not run apps in the background. Well, recently I found out that every time I turn on my computer, my...
  9. Apps running in Background

Apps running in Background: HI, I'm new to Windows 10 and need some advice. Is it safe to turn off background apps or do I need some running? What about 'mixed reality viewer,' I don't know what it is? I do use MS Edge but do I need it running all the time. ? I like to keep my Gmail, Microsoft, outlook,...
  10. Does mail run in the background?

in Browsers and Email
    Does mail run in the background?: I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. I have three email accounts and was wondering if I 'X' out of the program if it runs in the background. I would rather not have it on my toolbar. Thank you in advance. 10353