Windows 10: Mail app account already exists

Discus and support Mail app account already exists in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently reset the Mail app on Windows 10 but now can't sign in and get an error message saying the account already exists. I have tried the answer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by th039, Sep 8, 2018.

1. th039 Win User

Mail app account already exists

I recently reset the Mail app on Windows 10 but now can't sign in and get an error message saying the account already exists. I have tried the answer at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail-winpc/mail-account-already-exists/e0904cc7-248f-4469-8ec8-78842fcf61e5 but it just throws me to the Microsoft account website when I click to manage account and can't get any further. Using Windows 10 version 1803. How do I sign back into the Mail app?

:)

th039, Sep 8, 2018
  2. DTDavies Win User

Get 'Account already exists' in Win10 Mail app

I was having problems with one of my accounts in Mail, so did what I have done before - deleted and re-installed. Except that Mail says that account already exists and will not allow me to install it.I have looked through all the postings in MS forums related to this topic and found some good comments and suggestions. I tried the Powershell scripts to uninstall Mail, which worked (after a very long time), then re-installed Mail. It immediately recognised my Gmail account, which surprised me, as I expected to have to re-enter each of my accounts. When I added my other account, it came back with the very same message "Account already exists".
    Suggestions?

DTDavies, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 8, 2018
  4. GreiverBlade Win User

77000 Steam accounts hacked every month

that explain why i have the 2 step form tpu on a APP and not mail ...

GreiverBlade, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail app account already exists - Similar Threads - Mail app account

2. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...
  3. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...
  4. mail app accounts

mail app accounts: I can't reestablish my gmail link in the mail app. 3 days ago my email accounts disappeared in the windows 10 mail app. I had a power outage, so that is probably the culprit. I have reset the mail app, but when I attempt to relink to my gmail account it fails. The message in...
  5. Windows 10 Live Mail - Cannot add account, account already exists.

Windows 10 Live Mail - Cannot add account, account already exists.: Dear all, I know there are a quite a few posts out there, but none of them are well documented and none of the given solutions solved mine, so here I am. The problem: I cannot add ANY mail account using windows 10 mail, I tried two hotmail accounts and two google...
  6. Windows 10 Live Mail - Cannot add account, account already exists.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Live Mail - Cannot add account, account already exists.: Dear all, I know there are a quite a few posts out there, but none of them are well documented and none of the given solutions solved mine, so here I am. The problem: I cannot add ANY mail account using windows 10 mail, I tried two hotmail accounts and two google...
  7. Get 'Account already exists' in Win10 Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Get 'Account already exists' in Win10 Mail app: I was having problems with one of my accounts in Mail, so did what I have done before - deleted and re-installed. Except that Mail says that account already exists and will not allow me to install it.I have looked through all the postings in MS forums related to this topic...
  8. Order of accounts in Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Order of accounts in Mail app: Dear all, Is there a possibility to change the order of your listed email accounts in the standard Mail app in case of multiple accounts? I have 3 accounts and would like to have them in order of importance. I couldn't drag them, also renamed them alphabetically, but that...
  9. Sorting mail accounts in mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Sorting mail accounts in mail app: How can i sort them? Hey are sorted as i add them. 94121
  10. Mail App & Exchange Account

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App & Exchange Account: My university account comes up with the error code 0x85002012 (Something went wrong: we can't sync right now). Whenever I add the account (via Exchange or manual server configuration) it works for a week to a month, but it starts doing this after some amount of time. Is their...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail app account already exists