Windows 10: Mail App and Gmail

Discus and support Mail App and Gmail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've always had my gmail account linked to the Windows 10 mail app, however the last update I did the mail app is a complete mess and will not show my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Arily, May 21, 2018.

1. Arily Win User

Mail App and Gmail

I've always had my gmail account linked to the Windows 10 mail app, however the last update I did the mail app is a complete mess and will not show my gmail messages. I've deleted and relinked the account but it's not linking properly at all. I was able to successfully link a yahoo email account just not the gmail.

Is this a known issue since the last update, and is there a workaround fix?

:)

Arily, May 21, 2018

2. Adding gmail to my mail app

I can't add my gmail account to the mail app in windows 10. When i go to add account and select google, the following error message pops:

Something went wrong...

Sorry we were unable to do that.

Error code: 0x8007042b

I don't have a 2 step verification in gmail.

I posted the same question earlier and got the following reply. I could have done it. But I don't have windows listed in my connected apps in google. How do I add windows to the connected apps???

"

Hi,

Are you able to add other email account to mail app apart from Gmail account?

To solve the problem, you have to make sure that your Google account is connected to your Windows 10 computer. Here’s how to do that:

• Go to the Security section of your Google account (You can access it from the following link:Sign in - Google Accounts
    • Under Connected apps and sites, go to Apps connected to your account
    • Make sure that Windows is on the list
    After you make sure that your Google account is connected with your computer, you need to create the new IMAP account, and hopefully, everything will work fine. But, before you create a new IMAP account in your Mail app, you need to enable IMAP
    usage in your Google account. Here’s what you need to do:

• Sign in to Gmail
    • Click the gear in the top right
    • Select Settings
    • Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP
    • Select Enable IMAP
    • Click Save Changes
    After you enabled IMAP usage in your Google account, you can create the new IMAP account in your Mail app, and everything should work fine. Just follow these steps to create the new IMAP account:

• Open the Mail app
    • Go to Settings (Cog icon), Accounts, Add Account, Advanced Setup, and then to Internet Email
    • Fill in the details like this:
    • Account Name: {any string like “My Gmail”}
    • Your Name: {your name like “Fred Bloggs”}
    • Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com:993
    • Account Type: IMAP4
    • User name: {your gmail address}
    • Password: {the one time password you just generated, otherwise just your gmail password}
    • Outgoing SMTP email server: smtp.gmail.com:465
    • All checkboxes checked
    Now try to connect to your Google account with the new Account and check.

BirajKhanal, May 22, 2018
  3. Cant add a Gmail account to windows 10 builtin mail app (error 0*800c0005)

Hi, Muhammad.

Thank you for posting your response. We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

If the account has been successfully added and you are facing sync issue, I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

Steps1:

• Go to the Security section of your Google account
    • Under Connected apps and sites, go to Apps connected to your account, make sure Windows is on the list.
    • After the Google account is connected with your computer, you need to create the new IMAP account. But, before you create a new IMAP account in your Mail app, you need to enable IMAP usage in your Google account. Follow the steps
      below to do so:
    • Sign in to Gmail
    • Click the gear in the top right
    • Select Settings
    • Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP
    • Select Enable IMAP
    • Click Save Changes
    Step 2:

After you enabled IMAP usage in your Google account, you can create the new IMAP account in your Mail app, and everything should work fine. Just follow these steps to create the new IMAP account:

• Open the Mail app
    • Go to Settings (Cog icon), Accounts, Add Account, Advanced Setup, and then to Internet Email
    • Fill in the details like this:
    • Account Name: {any string like “My Gmail”}
    • Your Name: {your name like “Fred Bloggs”}
    • Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com:993
    • Account Type: IMAP4
    • User name: {your gmail address}
    • Password: {the one time password you just generated, otherwise just your gmail password}
    • Outgoing SMTP email server: smtp.gmail.com:465
    • All checkboxes checked
    Now try to connect to your Google account with the new Account.

Hope this information helps. Do revert back to us with the outcome, so that we can assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 22, 2018
Thema:

Mail App and Gmail

1. Mail App and Gmail - Similar Threads - Mail App Gmail

2. Gmail Account Issues in Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail Account Issues in Mail App: Keep getting 'Attention required' for my gmail pop account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-issues-in-mail-app/c6ddf5ea-d0c2-45cd-a8c7-957d19956c24
  3. gmail not syncing in WIN mail app

gmail not syncing in WIN mail app: Why is my gmail not synching after win 10 recent update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-not-syncing-in-win-mail-app/00e13c91-b152-4506-9066-f15d4713611d
  4. Windows Mail App and Gmail Attachments

Windows Mail App and Gmail Attachments: Please can you tell me when the Windows Apps Team will fix the problem with Windows Mail that prevents attachments showing up in emails? As thousands of people have reported apparently since 2015!!!. They fail to appear when Gmail is added automatically to the Windows Mail...
  5. Gmail is not syncing in mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gmail is not syncing in mail app: I cannot find a way to sync my gmail to my mail app on my new computer. I have tried both letting the app access my calendar and syncing in the gmail sync settings. Is there anything else that I could be missing? Thank you for the help. submitted by /u/petera1134 [link]...
  6. Mail app not loggin to gmail account.

Mail app not loggin to gmail account.: In mail I am unable to open Gmail account as every time Mail is opened its asking to link account, but in Settings - Email & Accounts - account used by email, calendar and contacts my Gmail account is displayed as linked. Pls suggest how to get Mail app working again....
  7. Mail App is not sync with Gmail

Mail App is not sync with Gmail: Hello. Mail app of windows 10 (version 1809) is not sync with gmail or outlook. I Have tried reset it, unintall and reinstaling but issue does not resolve. When I look in Apps & features of mail & calender app, its shows app permission is off for Contact and Email,...
  8. Mail App and Gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail App and Gmail: Hello, when I try to add a Gmail account in Windows 10 Mail App I always get error. [ATTACH] I press "Google" here and then get the following error: [ATTACH] My Internet Connection is not a problem! How can I fix this?...
  9. What is gMail's Mail App Password

What is gMail's Mail App Password: I have a number of gMail accounts. When I look at my security settings in Google. I see 3 entries for each account.. Mail App Password Thunderbird (which I'm moving away from) Mailbird (which I'm moving to) I'm curious about the first one, Mail App Password. It seems to...
  10. [bug!?!?] problems with mail app and gmail

in Browsers and Email
    [bug!?!?] problems with mail app and gmail: i have to preserve mail messages on the server because i help people not too experts and i don't want they accidentally loose something, so... - tried to use pop3, as in live mail, but after a refresh the previously downloaded messages just disappear from mail app - tried...