Windows 10: Mail app and web page links not opening new tab

Discus and support Mail app and web page links not opening new tab in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is probably something dumb I've done, but I can't figure it out. emails in Mail used to open web links (http and https) in a new tab in my FF... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by skiahh, Feb 13, 2018.

1. skiahh Win User

Mail app and web page links not opening new tab

This is probably something dumb I've done, but I can't figure it out.

emails in Mail used to open web links (http and https) in a new tab in my FF browser. Now, they open on the current tab. Not sure whether it's a Mail setting or a FF setting; both have been updated, so either could be the cause.

Any suggestions on where to look for how to handle links in email in Mail?

Thanks!

:)

skiahh, Feb 13, 2018
  2. Psyort Win User

Programs take minutes to open default browser

Set DNS to: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 - didn't help.

Web browsing is not the issue here. It's not the page taking a long time to load, it's the prompt to open a web page from an external program that takes minutes to register.

Click a link on a webpage, instant response.

Click a link in a program (like Mail), apparently no response for a few minutes. Then suddenly the page opens, either as a new tab when the browser is running, or as a new window if it is not. There are no error messages.

Psyort, Feb 13, 2018
  3. Web Links in New Tab Result in Blank Page

Operating Windows 10 and IE 11. When I click a link that leads to a new tab, or right click and 'open in new tab,' the tab appears blank, and the URL shows "about:blank"

I spent hours reading other forums to get my issue corrected, to no avail. I need IE for Java Applets on websites I use for work. I downloaded an old version of Firefox in the interim until I can get this fixed. No current browsers run Java. Please help.

I've already reset IE in the options, and does not fix my issue. This computer is only a few weeks old, and I've had the issue since day one.

MatthewKeechi, Feb 13, 2018
  4. CountMike New Member

In FireFox:

Mail app and web page links not opening new tab [​IMG]

CountMike, Feb 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail app and web page links not opening new tab - Similar Threads - Mail app web

2. All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link: For the last week I've been struggling with an issue that really is driving me CRAZY. I am a microsoft Edge user and I noticed when I click on a link it opens a new tab for the selected link. I am not a bing user, I only ever use google but I have tried all the help tutorials...
  3. All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link: For the last week I've been struggling with an issue that really is driving me CRAZY. I am a microsoft Edge user and I noticed when I click on a link it opens a new tab for the selected link. I am not a bing user, I only ever use google but I have tried all the help tutorials...
  4. All web browsers open a new tab when I click on a link

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Links keep opening in new tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Links keep opening in new tab: Hi everyone. Recently I have been experiencing something new on my surface laptop 3. Previously, when I click on a website, for example, it would open in the same tab. However, recently, whenever I click on a link or website, it opens in a new tab resulting in so many tabs...
  6. Touchpad middle button - open web page on new tab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad middle button - open web page on new tab: Hello, after last installation Win10 20H2, was lost functionality of middle touchpad button - click on link in Edge, was opened web page in new tab. How can be this functionality again added? Thank you....
  7. Unable to open web links on Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open web links on Windows 10 Mail: The subject line pretty much says it but upon clicking any article that comes into my mail box that I wish to view I get a window that says click or tap on the link but when I do it states it cannot open the link. This only happens on Windows 10 desktop. Android phone and...
  8. Email links on Web pages

in Browsers and Email
    Email links on Web pages: Hi Group When trying to use email links on web pages, The links dont open. I can see the email address in the status bar and it is correct. I dont get the choice of which program on my system to open a new message with. There must be a place on my system where I can set that...
  9. Opening a specific web page while I open a new tab In Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Opening a specific web page while I open a new tab In Microsoft Edge: Hi In Microsoft Edge, how do I open a specific web page while I open a new tab? Thanks Bye 22716
  10. Windows loading wheel spins with each new tab/web page opened

in Browsers and Email
    Windows loading wheel spins with each new tab/web page opened: I don't think it is Chrome as it does not do it at all on my Win7 device. I know Windows 10 handles information in memory different than Win 7 and Chrome opens every tab and extension as it own space. So is Win 10 doing something either with Chrome or other apps in...