Windows 10: Mail App. Aol stopped syncing.

Discus and support Mail App. Aol stopped syncing. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use the mail app on windows so I can check all my email accounts in one spot. Today it keeps telling me that there is a problem with my AOL account.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sara209, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Sara209 Win User

Mail App. Aol stopped syncing.

I use the mail app on windows so I can check all my email accounts in one spot. Today it keeps telling me that there is a problem with my AOL account. It says my AOL settings are out of date.

I go to my account through the app and it asks me to type in my password and I do. Then when I hit the little arrows to sync it, it tells me to wait while it fetches my messages. I wait and I get the message again that AOL is out of date.

I have removed the account and added it back again however I did notice something. When I click on Account Settings it shows my email account, the password and and the account name. The password shows 4 extra dots. My password isn't that long. Not sure if this is intentionally or not to keep someone from guessing it but I delete that password and enter my password, save it, sync and it tells me it's out of date again and if I go back to check the 4 extra dots are back.

I am able to sign into my aol using a browser and my phone no problem with the password I currently have. So I'm not sure what's going on.

:)

Sara209, Nov 2, 2019

2. Aol Mail Setup In Windows 10 Mail App

Thanks for your reply...

But I have found a solution on this. Actually the problem was with the 2-Step Authentication which I had enabled for my Aol account. Now I've removed it and the mails have started to sync in the Windows Mail app.

Cheers....

Prajakt Karanjkar, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Unable to bring up AOL mail in windows 10 mail app

CANNOT OPEN AOL MAIL

JACKSMITH5, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Mail App. Aol stopped syncing.

Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives.

Sorry to hear that I have up to now had no trouble at all, even my gmail, aol and yahoo mail all comes through ok

hTconeM9user, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Mail App. Aol stopped syncing.

1. Mail App. Aol stopped syncing. - Similar Threads - Mail App Aol

2. aol will not sync in windows mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    aol will not sync in windows mail?: windows mail will not sync with my aolplease help or tell me it will no longer work with aol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-will-not-sync-in-windows-mail/2a8c570a-e708-410d-bfce-c5b98bfc22de
  3. aol will not sync in windows mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    aol will not sync in windows mail?: windows mail will not sync with my aolplease help or tell me it will no longer work with aol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-will-not-sync-in-windows-mail/2a8c570a-e708-410d-bfce-c5b98bfc22de
  4. sync email aol to windows mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync email aol to windows mail: when opening inbox with windows it says I need to sync my accounts, how-where-why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-email-aol-to-windows-mail/3ee44afb-7c84-46ba-bfb9-4ed8e7c06d9a
  5. sync email aol to windows mail

sync email aol to windows mail: when opening inbox with windows it says I need to sync my accounts, how-where-why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-email-aol-to-windows-mail/3ee44afb-7c84-46ba-bfb9-4ed8e7c06d9a
  6. Mail App keeps saying Aol Mail account is out of sync

Mail App keeps saying Aol Mail account is out of sync: using the Mail app on my Windows 10 laptop and I keep getting a message for my AOL account saying We Couldn't Access this Account. AOL. You might need to Update your password or give the account access to sync to this device. When I click on the little triangle with the...
  7. My AOL mail will no longer sync in Microsoft Mail.

My AOL mail will no longer sync in Microsoft Mail.: My AOL mail will no longer sync in Microsoft Mail. This was never a problem until recently. When looking at the inbox screen, I can see my other synced accounts but there is a triangle with an exclamation point in it next to AOL. I have attempted to troubleshoot it in many...
  8. Aol Mail and Email App

Aol Mail and Email App: How can I add my aol email account to the email app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-mail-and-email-app/508e8665-83ff-42f4-bc31-f43620de3cba
  9. AOL Mail not syncing since upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    AOL Mail not syncing since upgrade: My AOL mail will not SYNC with "New Notifications" in Action Center since the automatic 1809 update on December 15, 2018. I've tried everything to solve problem and still will not download. I did noticed when in Manage My Acct there are 16 bubbles in password that I know is...
  10. AOL Mail not syncing on Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    AOL Mail not syncing on Outlook: I've been running AOL Mail on Outlook for years. In the several weeks it has stopped automatically syncing received and sent emails. When I try to force a sync using "update folders" I get this error message: Task "synchronising subscribed folders …..; reported error...