Windows 10: Mail app cannot add new account

Discus and support Mail app cannot add new account in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am having trouble adding a new account to the Mail app (first account). I start the Mail app and choose Add Account. I then choose Outlook.com and I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tracit99, Dec 12, 2015.

1. tracit99 Win User

Mail app cannot add new account

I am having trouble adding a new account to the Mail app (first account). I start the Mail app and choose Add Account. I then choose Outlook.com and I add my Microsoft account email information L: tr*****@msn.com (asterisks inserted here to protect my identity) and type in my password. It then shows that I am done and that my account was set up successfully. I click Done and the Mail app immediately crashes. I have tried resetting the Store (wsreset). I have checked for updates in the Store and have installed them. I have run the Apps troubleshooter http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...r-windows-apps. I have signed out of my Microsoft account to a local account and then back to Microsoft account. Mail app still crashing as soon as I click Done after adding account.

Removed windowscommunicationsapps via Powershell and reinstalled via Store. Clicked on Mail app and now it does not crash, but mail is not synced. Under Settings>Manage Accounts I get System Error. Can't get email is highlighted red.

:)

tracit99, Dec 12, 2015
  2. [ Pete ] Win User

Hotmail or Outlook app.

With Windows Phone 8, you cannot delete the mail app, but deleting accounts from settings->email + accounts will add a new "app" for that added email account.

It may be possible that you've managed to uninstall a pre-loaded app from your carrier/manufacturer, but it's one that I've never heard of.

As Jack says, simply add your Hotmail account details into settings->email + accounts and you will be able to add the account from there. A new mail icon will appear in your apps list.

[ Pete ], Dec 12, 2015
  3. When clicking "+Add Account" in the Windows Mail app, the button background flashes gray and nothing happens.

When clicking "+Add Account" in the Windows Mail app, the button background flashes gray and nothing happens.

In addition to this I cannot double click an account to open account specific settings within the Mail app. No error codes are generated.

Also, I cannot click the Sync icon in the Mail app. When I made a new user with an Outlook account the Outlook email synched but I still could not change it's settings or add a new account.

I have tried the following:

1 - Uninstalled the mail app using Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online

2 - Reinstalled mail app.

3 - Verified that user was administrator.

4 - Made new User Account with an Outlook account (problem persisted, removed user).

5 - Ran SFC /scannow (no problems found)

6 - Rebooted.

7 - Deleted tempdata\comm

8 - Verified that Windows was up to date

9 - Ran the Windows troubleshooter on the Store App(no problems found)

10 - Reinstalled Video drivers.

DaveyLewis, Dec 12, 2015
Thema:

Mail app cannot add new account

1. Mail app cannot add new account - Similar Threads - Mail app cannot

2. app Mail cannot add Gmail account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    app Mail cannot add Gmail account: Hello, I have a problem with my app Mail, it cannot add a Gmail account. I tried to reset its setting, uninstall and reinstall it but it doesn't seem to work. But I can log in to my outlook app? The error code is 0x80080490 we couldn't find your settings. Can you help me fix...
  3. cannot add gmail account to mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot add gmail account to mail app: Whenever i try to add my gmail account it gives me this error message "Something went wrong, we couldn't find your settings, Error code : 0x80070490." I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mail app but it doesn't help....
  4. Cannot add an imap account in Windows Mail app

Cannot add an imap account in Windows Mail app: I left it running for two hours and got no messages. Had to force close Mail app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-add-an-imap-account-in-windows-mail-app/adf62488-ba04-451e-ab52-aa5f6d63b7de
  5. cannot add my gmail account to mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot add my gmail account to mail app: I bought an asus ROG Strix G531GD_G531GD two days ago and has been not able to add my gmail account to the mail app. I enters my mail id, and then the password, then the otp received to my linked mobile and then a window pops up which asks to click on "AGREE'. After clicking...
  6. Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App

Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App: Hi I was logged on with my non admin account and tried to add a gmail account to Mail and Calendar app - error 0x8004005. Uninstalled app and downloaded and reinstalled. Same result Signed in with my admin account and same message. Tried to add a Microsoft account and got...
  7. Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail: When I click "Add" to add an account to either of these apps, I get no response. No error message, nothing logged in windows event viewer. I have rebooted and get the same result....
  8. Windows mail app broken, cannot add accounts anymore

in Browsers and Email
    Windows mail app broken, cannot add accounts anymore: Hi all, After the April Update last Monday (overall went smoothly) my Windows mail app is no longer working. Accounts have disappeared, they can be re-added (i.e. Gmail but also other mail accounts) but folders of those accounts do not show up in the menu. Also creating new...
  9. Cannot Add POP3 Account to Mail App in 10074

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Add POP3 Account to Mail App in 10074: I may be trying to do something impssible but when I try to add any one of several pop3 accounts I have with Cox.net I am told by the Mail App "I couldn't find info for that account." I tried doing this by opening the Mail App,Add Account, Other Account and then entering the...
  10. Cannot Add Account to Win 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Add Account to Win 10 Mail App: I am logged in to my Microsoft Account and am trying to add an email account to the Mail app by following Brink's tutorial Mail app - Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. When I get to step 9 and enter an email address and password, I get a message saying...