Windows 10: Mail App can't work with my IMAP provider

Discus and support Mail App can't work with my IMAP provider in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm having the same problem - there's nowhere to put the email address in set up - the app assumes username and email address to be the same - in my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sgage, Jul 4, 2015.

1. CeeBee Win User

Mail App can't work with my IMAP provider

I'm having the same problem - there's nowhere to put the email address in set up - the app assumes username and email address to be the same - in my case they aren't - setting up via calendar doesn't work for me either - any suggestions?

CeeBee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mail App can't work with my IMAP provider

1. Mail App can't work with my IMAP provider - Similar Threads - Mail App can't

2. IMAP stopped working between Gmail.com and Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IMAP stopped working between Gmail.com and Mail: Help. I have deleted and reloaded Mail 20 hrs. apart. Still, the changes I made in Gmail.com so not show up in Mail. I don't want to update files on each device. Iphone, windows and Gmail.com. My computer mail and my Iphone seem to still match and update correctly. I don't...
  3. IMAP stopped working between Gmail.com and Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IMAP stopped working between Gmail.com and Mail: Help. I have deleted and reloaded Mail 20 hrs. apart. Still, the changes I made in Gmail.com so not show up in Mail. I don't want to update files on each device. Iphone, windows and Gmail.com. My computer mail and my Iphone seem to still match and update correctly. I don't...
  4. IMAP stopped working between Gmail.com and Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows Mail app will not add work email account IMAP.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail app will not add work email account IMAP.: When I enter in the details for my work email on my Surface Laptop 2, it is stuck on "Finding your settings" or "creating account" indefinitely. I have tried doing this through Settings, or through the Mail app, and I encounter the same problem each time. Everything is...
  6. Windows Mail app will not add work email account IMAP.

Windows Mail app will not add work email account IMAP.: When I enter in the details for my work email on my Surface Laptop 2, it is stuck on "Finding your settings" or "creating account" indefinitely. I have tried doing this through Settings, or through the Mail app, and I encounter the same problem each time. Everything is...
  7. In the Windows Mail app for an imap account emails get stuck in the Outbox and can't be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the Windows Mail app for an imap account emails get stuck in the Outbox and can't be...: I have a new business account imap and have set it up in Windows Mail however outgoing emails are often stuck in the Outbox without the ability either to push them out or move them to another folder. This seems to happen when I have attachments, but there are other emails...
  8. In the Windows Mail app for an imap account emails get stuck in the Outbox and can't be...

In the Windows Mail app for an imap account emails get stuck in the Outbox and can't be...: I have a new business account imap and have set it up in Windows Mail however outgoing emails are often stuck in the Outbox without the ability either to push them out or move them to another folder. This seems to happen when I have attachments, but there are other emails...
  9. Cannot add an imap account in Windows Mail app

Cannot add an imap account in Windows Mail app: I left it running for two hours and got no messages. Had to force close Mail app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-add-an-imap-account-in-windows-mail-app/adf62488-ba04-451e-ab52-aa5f6d63b7de
  10. Windows 10 Mail App - Faulty IMAP mapping

Windows 10 Mail App - Faulty IMAP mapping: I use the following to access my mail (all using the Windows 10 mail app or Outlook for Android) Windows 10 Desktop Surface Go Samsung S9+ The problem is that each creates its own folders in Mail, and they are all called exactly the same thing. Sent Items Deleted...