Windows 10: Mail App crashing after opening, after adding a specific Microsoft account.

Discus and support Mail App crashing after opening, after adding a specific Microsoft account. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since yesterday, my Mail App is crashing just seconds after opening. I decided to uninstall the app by running the PowerShell command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TrustyRabbit362, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Mail App crashing after opening, after adding a specific Microsoft account.

Ever since yesterday, my Mail App is crashing just seconds after opening. I decided to uninstall the app by running the PowerShell command get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage. Command-led completed successfully, so I restarted the computer, open the Store App, and downloaded the App again. Both of my Gmail accounts and my Yahoo account were added by default, And Mail App continued working without any issues. Then I decided to add my MSN.com account. It added successfully and I was able to even view and delete some email without any issues. Until suddenly Mail App crashed. After that every time I open the Mail App, it crashes in less that 7 seconds.

Please, help me solve this problem.

After reviewing the Event Viewer Application Log I found this error several times:

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 10/17/2018 5:51:14 PM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Description:
    Faulting application name: HxTsr.exe, version: 16.0.11001.20039, time stamp: 0x5bbef45d
    Faulting module name: hxcomm.dll, version: 16.0.11001.20040, time stamp: 0x5bbf9a80
    Exception code: 0x80000003
    Fault offset: 0x00000000008c0d1d
    Faulting process id: 0x1bcc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d466637e8a2ec5
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.11001.20041.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\HxTsr.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.11001.20041.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\hxcomm.dll
    Report Id: 3c2d9f3e-caff-4a07-8b00-3b961589fb92
    Faulting package full name: microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.11001.20041.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Faulting package-relative application ID: ppleae38af2e007f4358a809ac99a64a67c1
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-10-17T21:51:14.062802200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>17591</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>HxTsr.exe</Data>
    <Data>16.0.11001.20039</Data>
    <Data>5bbef45d</Data>
    <Data>hxcomm.dll</Data>
    <Data>16.0.11001.20040</Data>
    <Data>5bbf9a80</Data>
    <Data>80000003</Data>
    <Data>00000000008c0d1d</Data>
    <Data>1bcc</Data>
    <Data>01d466637e8a2ec5</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.11001.20041.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\HxTsr.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.11001.20041.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\hxcomm.dll</Data>
    <Data>3c2d9f3e-caff-4a07-8b00-3b961589fb92</Data>
    <Data>microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.11001.20041.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe</Data>
    <Data>ppleae38af2e007f4358a809ac99a64a67c1</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

TrustyRabbit362, Oct 17, 2018

2. Mail App Crashes On Opening Or After Adding An Account

I Have Very Devastating Problem With The Mail App in my windows 10 PC . It Crashes Everytime I open It . For A Temp Fix I deleted all The accounts From The Calander App And Now THe Mail App Opens And Don't Crash But As Soon As I Add An Account In It The
    After Successfully Adding The Account The App Starts To Crash Now Whenever I Open ThE Mail App It Crashes . New Mails Are Coming Means App is Syncronizing As I can see the notification . I Am on :- Windows 10 pro Version -1703 OS build - 15063.13 . I Deleted
    The Mail App Via PowerShell Command And Then Reinstalled It But The Problem Persists . Help Me.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

SwapnilSalve, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail App crashing after opening, after adding a specific Microsoft account. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 18, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Mail App crashing after opening, after adding a specific Microsoft account.

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Mail App crashing after opening, after adding a specific Microsoft account.

1. Mail App crashing after opening, after adding a specific Microsoft account. - Similar Threads - Mail App crashing

2. Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade: I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard and RAM on my computer, and something I noticed was that I no longer was recieving mail on the exchange accounts I had set up on my computer. I tried clicking on the sync button, but it starts syncing and then comes to no avail.So then...
  3. Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail App not allowing Exchange Accounts to be added after computer upgrade: I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard and RAM on my computer, and something I noticed was that I no longer was recieving mail on the exchange accounts I had set up on my computer. I tried clicking on the sync button, but it starts syncing and then comes to no avail.So then...
  4. Microsoft Mail app is not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Mail app is not opening: I am not able to open microsoft mail app.. getting the error "We’re updating Mail. It should be ready to use again shortly." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail-app-is-not-opening/9b424bb4-5fae-4412-b42c-49c985a10d4f"
  5. App crashes on one specific account

App crashes on one specific account: Hi, I have downloaded an app and it crashes every time I open it. So I created a new account and guess what, it works just fine Seems like there's something called corrupted account with Microsoft lately. And I don't want to create a new account every time issue happens...
  6. Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail

Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail: Hi, After updating to Win Pro 10 64 v.1809 build 17763.316 (from v. 1803), I could not sync with my gmail accounts anymore. I deleted them. I am now unable to add them back. I tried multiple solutions - including the one given in august 2018 on this forum - but I am still...
  7. Accounts are not showing under "Accounts" in native windows 10 mail after adding accounts

Accounts are not showing under "Accounts" in native windows 10 mail after adding accounts: [ATTACH] As seen in the screenshot, i have two accounts added into the mail service, yet they are not appearing under the "Accounts" tab, making me unable to access any of my emails within my two accounts...
  8. adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there

adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there: I have been using mail for some time. it has a number of accounts. recently my most used account (my every day one) disappeared. I reloaded it (its Hotmail) and used it. the next time I used it, it had gone again and now I have to add it as an account, then it disappears and...
  9. Mail & Calendar app crashes on opening

Mail & Calendar app crashes on opening: Hi all. After last update, my win10 will not open my mail & calendar app. Whenever I open the app, it starts up, loads the mail, and then shuts down again. I am getting this from my event viewer: Faulting application name: HxMail.exe, version: 16.0.6106.4200, time...
  10. PC freezing after opening Calendar app or Mail app

in Windows 10 Support
    PC freezing after opening Calendar app or Mail app: Having this problem since today. I don't know why it's happening but I think it's related with "Microsoft Outlook Comunications" using a lot of RAM. [img] Sorry for the photo. I couldn't take a printscreen because my system froze after that. Secondary question: My...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1909 mail app crahses after account is set up

2. Faulting module name: hxcomm.dll HxTsr.exe

3. windows mail crashes add account

4. .windowscommunicationsapps_16005crash,
  5. microsoft mail crashes after opening