Windows 10: Mail App Deleting Problem

Discus and support Mail App Deleting Problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've been using the built in mail app for a long while now, and never had a problem with Yahoo mail. Recently I added another mailbox with is my gmail.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Arily, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Arily Win User

Mail App Deleting Problem

I've been using the built in mail app for a long while now, and never had a problem with Yahoo mail. Recently I added another mailbox with is my gmail. So I have both in the mail app and I can switch between them. However I've been having an issue only with the gmail mailbox. Whenever I delete a message it deletes it from the mail app but does not delete it from the server. Therefore since I also have that mailbox on my phone the emails are being synced to the phone but not deleting unless I manually delete from both locations.

I went threw all the settings I could find for the Windows Mail app but I could not find the "deleted mail also deletes from server" setting. I've also went to my webmail and checked settings there but it's not there either.

I'm just curious why it works perfectly for Yahoo mail and not Gmail...seems silly. Anyway to fix this?

:)

Arily, Oct 13, 2017
  2. rayrundel Win User

How to delete a contact from People app?

I have since found an answer on another thread which states it is not possible to delete e-mail addresses in the Mail. App. on Windows 10. It seems Microsoft have not thought of this problem, yet they can be deleted easily on the People. App..

Is it likely an update will in the future cure this problem.

Ray.

rayrundel, Oct 13, 2017
  3. Email doesn't get deleted from Mail app

Original title: mail cancel problems

when I delete an email in mail app , it still remains in my inbox when I check my email from browser or from my smartphone.

how can I permanently delete an email in all synced devices inboxes from mail app?

PooyaZargaran, Oct 13, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I don't use Mail having given up on MS clients when MS played 'now you have one, now you don't' after Outlook Express disappeared.

Research on this suggests others came to this conclusion:

Mail app does not delete from server - Microsoft Community
    windows 10 mail - delete email from server - Microsoft Community
    Windows 10 Mail not deleting gmail emails from server - Microsoft Community
    windows 10 mail seems to be deleting mail from the server - Microsoft Community

Others who use this may have found a solution.

dalchina, Oct 14, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    I have been using the Win 10 Mail App for over 3 years.
    It works here with a Gmail Account, look to the sync setting in the Mail App.
    Just done a test and the sync is correct what is on the server is the same using the Mail App to do the deletions.

"deleted mail also deletes from server" that's an old POP mail type of setting.

You will need to look at the syncing of each device. It is not entirely the Windows 10 Mail App.

Central to this is Gmail you need to look at the Sync settings there as well. There is a whole section on which IMAP folders you want to sync.
    The Gmail server here presumably won't be the same, maybe some local problem.

Helmut, Oct 15, 2017
  6. Arily Win User
    I figured it out, I found a setting where you have to enable IMAP I think it's called. After you do that it will sync properly when using a mail app.

Now to figure out the All Mail and Inbox Situation lol...I rather have one or the other...not both.

Arily, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail App Deleting Problem - Similar Threads - Mail App Deleting

2. Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting a mail account in Windows 10 Mail App: I have installed several mail accounts in Windows 10 mail like IMAP, icloud and Google mails. Suddenly they were not able to syncronise and seemed to have stopped working. I wanted to delete all the accounts and reconfigure them again, however I were not able to delete the...
  3. Mail and Calendar app. problem

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar app. problem: Q. Will the Mail and Calendar app run on Windows 10 pro Insider preview build 18334? I can't get the app to install. Thanks! 127026
  4. Delete E-Mail App account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete E-Mail App account: Hi, is there a way to reset the Mail-App completely? The problem is, when I want to add a new mail account, the mail app always shows me my microsoft account which i once added. Although I deleted this microsoft account from the mail app it appears when i want to add a new...
  5. Mail App and Deleting Emails

Mail App and Deleting Emails: I use the mail app for several email acounts, gmail and outlook. Outlook works fine when deleting however, when I go to select all in my gmail accounts through the mail apps the cursors doesn't change. It selects them, but when I hit delete nothing happens. It just sits...
  6. Windows Mail App- deleted mails problem

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App- deleted mails problem: In mail app, I have deleted certain mails and went to deleted folder. I deleted all mails from there also. When I go to deleted folder next day, I see mails already deleted from that folder previous day again. Is it problem of Mail app Or am I missing some thing. 87340
  7. Delete all emails in the Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Delete all emails in the Mail App: Is there a way to delete all emails in my Mail App account inbox? I can't seem to find a 'select all' button anywhere. Thank you. 106142
  8. Mail app problem

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app problem: I added all my mail accounts and it synced up about 2000 emails from various address's. Is there a way to select all the mail to delete or do i have to check each individually. Ctr-A doesnt work to select all mail.. 10507
  9. delete / uninstall mail app

in Browsers and Email
    delete / uninstall mail app: Anyone know how to delete the mail app? Uninstall the mail app? NOT delete the account. It doesn't even let you delete an account in 10240. At least there is no option. Uninstall the mail app completely? Getting very annoyed with 10. Lots of issues. Going back to...
  10. Problems with Mail & Calendar App

Problems with Mail & Calendar App: We have been using the Mail & Calendar app for our users on LINX1010 devices, the email address's are setup through exchange and work fine when I send the devices out. However I am getting a number of users calling me to say there is a problem with the app and that they're...