Windows 10: Mail App Deleting Problem

Discus and support Mail App Deleting Problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've been using the built in mail app for a long while now, and never had a problem with Yahoo mail. Recently I added another mailbox with is my gmail.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Arily, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Arily Win User

Mail App Deleting Problem

I've been using the built in mail app for a long while now, and never had a problem with Yahoo mail. Recently I added another mailbox with is my gmail. So I have both in the mail app and I can switch between them. However I've been having an issue only with the gmail mailbox. Whenever I delete a message it deletes it from the mail app but does not delete it from the server. Therefore since I also have that mailbox on my phone the emails are being synced to the phone but not deleting unless I manually delete from both locations.

I went threw all the settings I could find for the Windows Mail app but I could not find the "deleted mail also deletes from server" setting. I've also went to my webmail and checked settings there but it's not there either.

I'm just curious why it works perfectly for Yahoo mail and not Gmail...seems silly. Anyway to fix this?

:)

Arily, Oct 13, 2017
  2. rayrundel Win User

How to delete a contact from People app?

I have since found an answer on another thread which states it is not possible to delete e-mail addresses in the Mail. App. on Windows 10. It seems Microsoft have not thought of this problem, yet they can be deleted easily on the People. App..

Is it likely an update will in the future cure this problem.

Ray.

rayrundel, Oct 13, 2017
  3. Email doesn't get deleted from Mail app

Original title: mail cancel problems

when I delete an email in mail app , it still remains in my inbox when I check my email from browser or from my smartphone.

how can I permanently delete an email in all synced devices inboxes from mail app?

PooyaZargaran, Oct 13, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I don't use Mail having given up on MS clients when MS played 'now you have one, now you don't' after Outlook Express disappeared.

Research on this suggests others came to this conclusion:

Mail app does not delete from server - Microsoft Community
    windows 10 mail - delete email from server - Microsoft Community
    Windows 10 Mail not deleting gmail emails from server - Microsoft Community
    windows 10 mail seems to be deleting mail from the server - Microsoft Community

Others who use this may have found a solution.

dalchina, Oct 14, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    I have been using the Win 10 Mail App for over 3 years.
    It works here with a Gmail Account, look to the sync setting in the Mail App.
    Just done a test and the sync is correct what is on the server is the same using the Mail App to do the deletions.

"deleted mail also deletes from server" that's an old POP mail type of setting.

You will need to look at the syncing of each device. It is not entirely the Windows 10 Mail App.

Central to this is Gmail you need to look at the Sync settings there as well. There is a whole section on which IMAP folders you want to sync.
    The Gmail server here presumably won't be the same, maybe some local problem.

Helmut, Oct 15, 2017
  6. Arily Win User
    I figured it out, I found a setting where you have to enable IMAP I think it's called. After you do that it will sync properly when using a mail app.

Now to figure out the All Mail and Inbox Situation lol...I rather have one or the other...not both.

Arily, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail App Deleting Problem - Similar Threads - Mail App Deleting

2. Mail app...trash NOT deleting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app...trash NOT deleting...: Hello Community Members...I have the Mail app and when deleting the folders to trashThe folders reappear again back to where they were...All help valued & appreciated with my current enquiryBest Paul......
  3. deleted mail app

deleted mail app: deleted mail app in windows 10 by mistake. how can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-mail-app/25ac6a57-5ca2-40ca-a2ff-76e8a716f47f
  4. W10 mail app deletes mails

W10 mail app deletes mails: When I search for sent mails more than 30 days old on W10 mail app it brings up the list of mails but as soon as I click on the mail I want it appears for a split second then disappears. I repeat the search and sure enough I relocate the message but again as soon as I...
  5. Mail App Problem

Mail App Problem: Hi, for some reason when I receive emails from my Mail app the banner and ping sound only pop up when I go on mail app. However, that is not suppose to happen! I always had the notifications appear on my desktop when my mail app is not opened. Moreover, on the far right of my...
  6. Mail app problem

Mail app problem: Hi, for some reason when I receive emails from my Mail app the banner and ping sound only pop up when I go on mail app. However, that is not suppose to happen! I always had the notiifications appear on my desktop when my mail app is not opened. Moreover, on the far right of...
  7. Problem with Mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Mail app: So I use three different emails in my Mail app, each using a different name. Two of them use different internet aliases, but one of them is a "serious" email which uses my real name. Recently, I have been doing a back-and-forth with someone on my serious email (Re: Re: Re:...
  8. Problems with mail app

Problems with mail app: I have 2 problems with the Windows 10 mail app. I have multiple accounts in the mail - 3 gmail and one hotmail, and when you update gmail accounts it sends everything with the same name, and the function where you can change under which name it should send, disappears. The...
  9. Windows Mail App- deleted mails problem

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App- deleted mails problem: In mail app, I have deleted certain mails and went to deleted folder. I deleted all mails from there also. When I go to deleted folder next day, I see mails already deleted from that folder previous day again. Is it problem of Mail app Or am I missing some thing. 87340
  10. Mail app problem

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app problem: I added all my mail accounts and it synced up about 2000 emails from various address's. Is there a way to select all the mail to delete or do i have to check each individually. Ctr-A doesnt work to select all mail.. 10507

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yahoo mail error there appears to be a problem loading the email chrome language:en