Windows 10: Mail app disappeared on windows 10 but cannot reset

Discus and support Mail app disappeared on windows 10 but cannot reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I logged onto my windows 10s laptop as i have been doing for 9mths now but it wouldn't recognise my profile, so i restarted my laptop and it let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shazzamuffin82, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Mail app disappeared on windows 10 but cannot reset

Hi,

I logged onto my windows 10s laptop as i have been doing for 9mths now but it wouldn't recognise my profile, so i restarted my laptop and it let me log in but my profile appears to have reset to how it was when I got the laptop. I then found that mail mail app has disappeared from the taskbar and so went into the start bar to load, but when I click on it it does nothing. I searched to see what to do on the forum and it seemed the answer was to go into the app via settings and click advanced options and reset. I did this but get a message saying 'we cannot reset this app. try again in a bit'. I have give it time and retried many times so decided to try and uninstall the program and re-download it. When I clicked to uninstall I got a blue popup saying 'we couldn't uninstall mail and calendar' and operation did not complete successfully. The error code is 0x80073d23, in case you need it. what has happened here? I have AVG antivirus protection and a scan has shown no threats, and I keep it up to date and use my laptop weekly. All my other profile settings have disappeared too so not sure what has happened... HELP!

:)

shazzamuffin82, Apr 16, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail app disappeared on windows 10 but cannot reset :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Naveen_M Win User

Mail app disappeared on windows 10 but cannot reset

Email accounts on Windows 10 Mail App disappearing

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your e-mail accounts are disappearing from the Windows Mail app. We will look into this for you. For us to isolate the issue and to assist you better, we’d like to ask you a few questions.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using?
    2. How many email accounts are added to the Windows Mail app?
    3. Are you aware of any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

We can try a few steps and check if it helps.

Refer this article on
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and try all the methods except method 5 and check if it helps.

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let us know the results at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Mail app disappeared on windows 10 but cannot reset

1. Mail app disappeared on windows 10 but cannot reset - Similar Threads - Mail app disappeared

2. Windows 10 mail disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail disappearing: Hi, I have been having problems with emails disappearing from a separate folder I created to move emails I wanted to keep! I have right clicked on the folder and selected 'don't sync this folder' as I mistakenly thought this may solve the problem but all my emails have now...
  3. Windows 10 Mail App hard reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mail App hard reset: My mail app seems to be glitched when it comes to managing accounts. There are currently two non-existent email addresses linked to my Mail app that I can't get rid of. I have reset the app via settings app, uninstalled via settings app, uninstalled via Powershell and...
  4. Windows 10 Mail Disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Disappeared: My Windows 10 Mail just disappeared over night It no longer opens Should I delete and reload, seems the logical thing to me but I am unsure how to obtain a free Download If someone could help I would be most appreciative Thank you 157651
  5. gmail with windows 10 mail app sent email disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gmail with windows 10 mail app sent email disappears: I have configured windows 10 mail application with my google email address. I sent a mail. I got an acknowledgement email back in reply, but the sent email has disappeared. Its not in sent mail, sent items, or all mail. I've also checked on mail.google.com directly. The...
  6. cannot send mail from windows 10 mail app

cannot send mail from windows 10 mail app: can someone help with this issue? I can receive emails but emails are just stuck in outbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-send-mail-from-windows-10-mail-app/f2026617-647f-4ac7-a1a5-6997be9f4232
  7. Cannot sync mail in Windows 10 Mail app!

Cannot sync mail in Windows 10 Mail app!: Hey there, I cannot sync my email anymore in the Windows 10 Mail app. I am using mailbox.org set up in the mail app as an Exchange account. Worked perfectly fine until about 4 days ago. I can still sync my Gmail account, and separate folder in the mailbox.org account, I...
  8. Email accounts on Windows 10 Mail App disappearing

Email accounts on Windows 10 Mail App disappearing: I have several outlook.com email accounts configured on the Mail app in Windows 10. But every now and again, I find that one or two of the accounts are no longer reflected and then the only alternative is to add them back again. Why is that so? Would it be to some sort of...
  9. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app completely disappeared

Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app completely disappeared: I was using my computer, then Mail crashed. I tried to reopen, but the icon went blank and a window showed up for a split second before crashing. I tried Calendar too, and it still has its icon, but it also crashes. The icon for Mail went blank before, but it didn't crash...
  10. windows mail app emails disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    windows mail app emails disappeared: Suddenly my e-mails for the past two days have disappeared. They were in the 'inbox' then suddenly the most recent date was two days earlier, I looked in the 'deleted' folder and they are not there, nor at they in any other folder. There are some important messages that I...