Windows 10: Mail app does not access Outlook servers

Discus and support Mail app does not access Outlook servers in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; or so it appears. Creating a new account choosing the outlook option, either with my signed in MS system account, or the generic outlook choice returns... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mrpumpkin, Aug 6, 2015.

1. mrpumpkin Win User

Mail app does not access Outlook servers

or so it appears. Creating a new account choosing the outlook option, either with my signed in MS system account, or the generic outlook choice returns error 0x80070525. I can, however, access gmail and yahoo sign ins.

:)

mrpumpkin, Aug 6, 2015

2. Mail directory: How to configure Inbox / Sent / Drafts?

I hate not having access to all of my mail items on all access devices.

The Windows Phone 8 Device is using different folders than the directories and I don'€™t see what.

How do I have to configure WP8 and Outlook (2010) and the Server so have them use the same folders and not each different ones.

It was easy for me doing that for the Server and Outlook (and other Desktop Mail Clients).

Now I got the WP8 and this messes up with it.

Additionally I would like to know if the mail app does also a lookup on all mails when I do a search,

also the mails that are only on the server (older than 1 month). It seems that it does not do so.

VictorZahn, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    email app

Hi Sandoya,

The Windows 10 Mail app is preinstalled on your computer along with Calendar.
    Microsoft Outlook is the preferred email client used to access Microsoft Exchange Server email. Not only does Microsoft Outlook provide
    access to Exchange Server email, but it also includes contact, calendaring and task management functionality.

To address your concern, you can delete the account and remove it from the app and your Microsoft Outlook will not be affected. I suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to
    delete an email account from Mail and Calendar apps.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Mail app does not access Outlook servers

1. Mail app does not access Outlook servers - Similar Threads - Mail app does

2. New Outlook mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Outlook mail app: New PC has Windows11 installed, purchased and installed Microsoft 365. When setting up email accounts the new Outlook app does not have a POP3 option, has Imap, GMail, Yahoo etc. How do I enable POP3?...
  3. New Outlook mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Outlook mail app: New PC has Windows11 installed, purchased and installed Microsoft 365. When setting up email accounts the new Outlook app does not have a POP3 option, has Imap, GMail, Yahoo etc. How do I enable POP3?...
  4. does windows 10 mail app allow mail to stay on server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does windows 10 mail app allow mail to stay on server: Does windows 10 mail allow to keep mail on server to view on other devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-mail-app-allow-mail-to-stay-on/3298af47-8b7f-45c6-9268-539fadd54a26
  5. does windows 10 mail app allow mail to stay on server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does windows 10 mail app allow mail to stay on server: Does windows 10 mail allow to keep mail on server to view on other devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-mail-app-allow-mail-to-stay-on/3298af47-8b7f-45c6-9268-539fadd54a26
  6. Outlook mail people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook mail people app: I have a Problem with the people app , my contacts are in outlook .com. But are not the same as the people app in windows 10 mail, won't sync ? using mail windows 10 the people app has contacts I did not enter, or reply to and I am not able to delete them ? these strange...
  7. configure Server Ports in Outlook e-mail app

in Browsers and Email
    configure Server Ports in Outlook e-mail app: Is it possible to configure the Server Ports in the outlook e-mail app? I use AT&T for e-mail, and my mail account requires that I use server port 995 (incoming) and 465 (outgoing). I can create a new POP3 service for AT&T and setup everything up except the server ports...
  8. Outlook Mail app corrupted?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail app corrupted?: My Outlook Mail has not downloaded any mails for over 30 days. A notification repeatedly says its settings need updating (password?) and to click Fix. Fix does not work. I have checked all I can, including the password which is correct and works. Fortunately I can keep track...
  9. Win10 Mail App not Syncing after Outlook Server Change

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail App not Syncing after Outlook Server Change: Just thought I'd post a note incase others are having issues with the mail App, M$ has quietly changed the Mail App's Server for my old Hotmail Account and the Mail App is no longer connecting to that Hotmail account to sync, has not for 5 days but I hadn't noticed as I am...
  10. Cortana - does it need Mail app or can it use Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cortana - does it need Mail app or can it use Outlook: Hi there For those who have got some form of Cortana to work --does it require the Mail app (metro) or can it work with OUTLOOK. If it works with outlook do you need at least outlook 2013 or will it also work with outlook 2010> Anybody also willing to add a tutorial...