Windows 10: Mail app doesn't let me add mail accounts

Discus and support Mail app doesn't let me add mail accounts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I recently bought a new Asus laptop with Ryzen 5000 series, everything is ok until I want to configure the Mail app, can't add any outlook email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lotes21, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Lotes21 Win User

Mail app doesn't let me add mail accounts

Hi I recently bought a new Asus laptop with Ryzen 5000 series, everything is ok until I want to configure the Mail app, can't add any outlook email accounts, neither google accounts, it is really frustating because I love this app and Outlook doesn't fit to me. I used this app for years and had no problems, but in this new pc I can't get my 3 mail accounts signed in.

:)

Lotes21, Aug 1, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail app doesn't let me add mail accounts :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Bastet Win User
    error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

Yes, once 2-factor authentication is enabled you should then create the app specific password & enter it instead of the account password.

Bastet, Aug 1, 2021
  4. stevehero Win User

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

Mail app doesn't let me add mail accounts [​IMG]

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Mail app doesn't let me add mail accounts - Similar Threads - Mail app doesn't

2. Why it doesn't let me to add account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why it doesn't let me to add account?: When I click on "add account" a small box appears called "Microsoft account" but after a few second it will be gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-it-doesnt-let-me-to-add-account/1ab3d63a-7f6b-4f27-801c-48489409497d
  3. Why it doesn't let me to add account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why it doesn't let me to add account?: When I click on "add account" a small box appears called "Microsoft account" but after a few second it will be gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-it-doesnt-let-me-to-add-account/1ab3d63a-7f6b-4f27-801c-48489409497d
  4. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  5. Mail app won't let me connect gmail account

Mail app won't let me connect gmail account: Hi,Got a new laptop recently and am trying to set up Mail so it has my gmail and hotmail accounts on. When I try it it keeps giving me a 'something went wrong' message with the error code 0x80070490. Tried various bits of internet troubleshooting advice but nothing has worked...
  6. Windows Mail App Not Letting Me Add an Outlook Account

Windows Mail App Not Letting Me Add an Outlook Account: My university recently switched from using Gsuite email accounts to using Outlook accounts. My university email stopped receiving messages in the mail app because of this switch, so, I am trying to re-add my university account as an Outlook account. I opened the add an...
  7. Unable to Add Account to the Mail app

Unable to Add Account to the Mail app: Good afternoon, When attempting to Add an Account to the Mail app, I can go through the process of adding an account however nothing shows up after the account is added. I added an IMAP work e-mail, it didn't show, when I tried to add it again it states "Account already...
  8. Mail app wont let me add google account

Mail app wont let me add google account: Hi, I am trying to add my google account in the mail app however when I choose to add a google account a window stating creating account is shown before closing abruptly. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks....
  9. Office 2019 won't let me add e-mail account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Office 2019 won't let me add e-mail account: I added a bunch of e-mail addresses in Outlook 2019 which all work fine, now only 2 others are missing (both worked fine on my old Win 7/Office 2007 PC) but Outlook keeps asking for the username/password. I know for sure that I'm using the right username/pw because I'm...
  10. Not able to add accounts to Mail app.

Not able to add accounts to Mail app.: I am having issues adding a new account to the mail app. I already have added a Outlook.com & a gmail account without issue but when I am trying to add a second outlook.com account it just gets stuck at the creating account window. Have reset the app twice without success....