Windows 10: mail app done reset itself

Discus and support mail app done reset itself in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using the windows 10 mail app regularly for years and never had an issue. Today i opened it up and all accounts except the one i last used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WindowsUser2306, Jun 8, 2020.

1. mail app done reset itself

I have been using the windows 10 mail app regularly for years and never had an issue. Today i opened it up and all accounts except the one i last used were gone and some other stuff has been reset. After resetting the app it in settings and setting up my accounts again i noticed that the email signature feature did not support links anymore.

I had a link in my signature before all this and had no problems. Did they remove links in signatures? I just want things to be back as they were yesterday.

mail app done reset itself d2c53f47-c1f1-4691-890a-168903ea552a?upload=true.png

This was my email signature. it had some special characters, but it put itself at the bottom of every email i sent faithfully for years. It would send you to a bit.ly link. It may not be professional but it was for casual use and file sharing with friends, etc.

Any info on what might have happened is much appreciated. Thanks

:)

WindowsUser2306, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. mail app done reset itself :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jun 8, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

mail app done reset itself

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

mail app done reset itself

1. mail app done reset itself - Similar Threads - mail app done

2. Mail and Calender App keeps uninstalling itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and Calender App keeps uninstalling itself: Hey,Can anyone help/ advise on why the Mail and Calender app keeps unistalling itself?I have tried troubleshooting and repairing and resetting but it still keeps happening...
  3. Mail and Calender App keeps uninstalling itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and Calender App keeps uninstalling itself: Hey,Can anyone help/ advise on why the Mail and Calender app keeps unistalling itself?I have tried troubleshooting and repairing and resetting but it still keeps happening...
  4. BitLocker/Reset/PC Done For?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker/Reset/PC Done For?: I am having issues with a BitLocker error. When I start my PC, I get the blue screen asking for a recovery key. I have found and properly matched the recovery key and entered it- failure to unlock. I have tried about every option in advanced troubleshooting, I can’t reset the...
  5. BitLocker/Reset/PC Done For?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker/Reset/PC Done For?: I am having issues with a BitLocker error. When I start my PC, I get the blue screen asking for a recovery key. I have found and properly matched the recovery key and entered it- failure to unlock. I have tried about every option in advanced troubleshooting, I can’t reset the...
  6. BitLocker/Reset/PC Done For?

7. Mail and Calendar app uninstalling itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail and Calendar app uninstalling itself: Hello all, Since the last windows 10 update (19042) my mail and calender app keeps uninstalling itself. Anyone else having the same problem or can point me towards a fix? submitted by /u/H2-Joe [link] [comments]...
  8. windows mail app keeps uninstalling itself

windows mail app keeps uninstalling itself: I have MS Outlook installed, which I use for work email but I wanted to use the windows mail app for personal email, which was not installed. I went to the MS app store, installed the Mail App and configured my personal email and thought everything was well. Then when I...
  9. Mail App link details obscuring link itself

Mail App link details obscuring link itself: Whenever I hover over a link in the outlook mail app a small window pops up with the properties for that particular link. Very often it pops up on top of the link itself thereby obscuring it from view. How can I stop this? [ATTACH]...
  10. mail app closes by itself while in use

in Browsers and Email
    mail app closes by itself while in use: this app has been sloggy, but now, when i finally get it to my hotmail account, it closes unexpectedly. first of all, it automatically opens to my gmail account rather than the hotmail. if i try to sync to receive new mail or click on a message, it will close instead of...