Windows 10: Mail app - don't want it but keeps nagging account wrong

Discus and support Mail app - don't want it but keeps nagging account wrong in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi fols I don't want or use the built in Windows mail app but on logon to windows it opens with a always get a prompt -- Your Ms account needs... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Dec 9, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Mail app - don't want it but keeps nagging account wrong

Hi fols

I don't want or use the built in Windows mail app but on logon to windows it opens with a always get a prompt -- Your Ms account needs fixing.

I use local accounts so how can I get rid of this annoying popup after a Windows boot. I've also deleted One drive as well - I don't bother with cloud servers etc. I have Thunderbird and Office 2016 for email -but I can't see any way on deleting the mail app.

On the latest W10 Pro X-64 after the latest set of updates.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 9, 2017
  2. deltam Win User

Stop Cortana asking to connect Microsoft Health Account

2016-OCT-17:

Title was changed from "Stop Cortana asking about Lunch Settings and connecting to a Microsoft Health Account"

Nagging of Lunch settings was corrected with build 14393.321

Nagging of Microsoft Health Account still persists

-------------------------

How can I stop Cortana asking about Lunch settings or connecting to Microsoft Health account? All that is available is "Not Now". I want one that says, "Never remind me about this again".

Eat & Drink is turned off, Health & Fitness is turned off. In fact, most cards I have turned off. There are a lot of options on "Meetings & Reminders" - Will turning off some of those stop this? If so which one? I do want reminders on meetings.

I don't want any of these types of messages and especially ones that keep coming back. There's enough annoyances with Windows 10; don't need a nagging Cortana.

It's the same on Windows 10 mobile.

It's seems that these messages only started to happen with 14393.187. Prior to this I never got nagged by Cortana.

deltam, Dec 9, 2017
  3. How to disable notification and sound for apps in Windows 10

Original Title: How to stop the security reminder nag?

Hi Guys,

How can I stop the security reminder nag. Every 20mins or so, the 'New Notification' icon 'pings' and it says, you need to update your security details on your Microsoft Outlook account. I don't want Microsoft to have these details. And I don't want my
    PC to nag about it.

How can I make it stop.

Simon

Trooper tk-421, Dec 9, 2017
  4. roy111 Win User

The Windows Communications Apps let you interact with people through email, calendars, and social networks.
    (Windows Communications Apps privacy statement)

In powershell (admin):

Get-AppxPackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage

should remove mail and a bunch of other like calendar etc... (see the link)

roy111, Dec 9, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    Just remove your Account(s) from the Windows 10 Mail App.
    The Mail App potentially has many links to other Apps, People and Calendars are two of them.
    All you have to do is go through is the Windows & App Settings.

Same with OneDrive you can just side line that the same way.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail app - don't want it but keeps nagging account wrong - Similar Threads - Mail app don't

2. Mail app keeps deleting the Gmail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app keeps deleting the Gmail account: In mail I am unable to open Gmail account as every time Mail is opened its asking to link account, but in Settings - Email & Accounts - account used by email, calendar and contacts my Gmail account is displayed as linked. Pls suggest how to get Mail app working again....
  3. Don't want to keep resetting my windows password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Don't want to keep resetting my windows password: For years I used a pin or windows password to sign in to windows when I booted up and occasionally made up a new one.. Then weeks ago I keep getting messages from Microsoft Account Team "Microsoft account unusual sign in activity". When I look I see an unsuccessful sign in...
  4. mail app accounts

mail app accounts: I can't reestablish my gmail link in the mail app. 3 days ago my email accounts disappeared in the windows 10 mail app. I had a power outage, so that is probably the culprit. I have reset the mail app, but when I attempt to relink to my gmail account it fails. The message in...
  5. Mail App keeps crashing

Mail App keeps crashing: Up until a few days ago the Mail app was working fine but all of a sudden It stopped working. Every time i open it it crashes a few seconds later. I have tried resetting it and uninstalling it through powershell but nothing has worked. I ended up calling Microsoft support and...
  6. adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there

adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there: I have been using mail for some time. it has a number of accounts. recently my most used account (my every day one) disappeared. I reloaded it (its Hotmail) and used it. the next time I used it, it had gone again and now I have to add it as an account, then it disappears and...
  7. Attachments don't appear in the Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Attachments don't appear in the Mail app: If I try to open an email with an attached image, it just shows up blank. If I open it in another mail program, the image shows up fine. 16266
  8. Sorting mail accounts in mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Sorting mail accounts in mail app: How can i sort them? Hey are sorted as i add them. 94121
  9. Mail App Keeps Crashing

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App Keeps Crashing: Hi. My computer performed an automatic Windows update a couple of weeks ago and since then my Mail app keeps crashing. It will open briefly and it looks like the mail has been recently synced, but after a couple of seconds the app crashes. What can I do to fix this? I'm on...
  10. Weather apps just don't want to run

Weather apps just don't want to run: I used to use the bundled weather app. Then this stopped working, telling me that it is corrupt. No end of repair, uninstall, re-install had any effect. Switched to AccuWeather. This worked for a few months. Then it suddenly stopped working - orange window opens for a few...