Windows 10: Mail app - don't want it but keeps nagging account wrong

Discus and support Mail app - don't want it but keeps nagging account wrong in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi fols I don't want or use the built in Windows mail app but on logon to windows it opens with a always get a prompt -- Your Ms account needs... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Dec 9, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Mail app - don't want it but keeps nagging account wrong

Hi fols

I don't want or use the built in Windows mail app but on logon to windows it opens with a always get a prompt -- Your Ms account needs fixing.

I use local accounts so how can I get rid of this annoying popup after a Windows boot. I've also deleted One drive as well - I don't bother with cloud servers etc. I have Thunderbird and Office 2016 for email -but I can't see any way on deleting the mail app.

On the latest W10 Pro X-64 after the latest set of updates.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 9, 2017
  2. deltam Win User

Stop Cortana asking to connect Microsoft Health Account

2016-OCT-17:

Title was changed from "Stop Cortana asking about Lunch Settings and connecting to a Microsoft Health Account"

Nagging of Lunch settings was corrected with build 14393.321

Nagging of Microsoft Health Account still persists

-------------------------

How can I stop Cortana asking about Lunch settings or connecting to Microsoft Health account? All that is available is "Not Now". I want one that says, "Never remind me about this again".

Eat & Drink is turned off, Health & Fitness is turned off. In fact, most cards I have turned off. There are a lot of options on "Meetings & Reminders" - Will turning off some of those stop this? If so which one? I do want reminders on meetings.

I don't want any of these types of messages and especially ones that keep coming back. There's enough annoyances with Windows 10; don't need a nagging Cortana.

It's the same on Windows 10 mobile.

It's seems that these messages only started to happen with 14393.187. Prior to this I never got nagged by Cortana.

deltam, Dec 9, 2017
  3. How to disable notification and sound for apps in Windows 10

Original Title: How to stop the security reminder nag?

Hi Guys,

How can I stop the security reminder nag. Every 20mins or so, the 'New Notification' icon 'pings' and it says, you need to update your security details on your Microsoft Outlook account. I don't want Microsoft to have these details. And I don't want my
    PC to nag about it.

How can I make it stop.

Simon

Trooper tk-421, Dec 9, 2017
  4. roy111 Win User

The Windows Communications Apps let you interact with people through email, calendars, and social networks.
    (Windows Communications Apps privacy statement)

In powershell (admin):

Get-AppxPackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage

should remove mail and a bunch of other like calendar etc... (see the link)

roy111, Dec 9, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    Just remove your Account(s) from the Windows 10 Mail App.
    The Mail App potentially has many links to other Apps, People and Calendars are two of them.
    All you have to do is go through is the Windows & App Settings.

Same with OneDrive you can just side line that the same way.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail app - don't want it but keeps nagging account wrong - Similar Threads - Mail app don't

2. Bought minecraft on the wrong account, and I don't want a refund, I just want it on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought minecraft on the wrong account, and I don't want a refund, I just want it on the...: I purchased Minecraft Windows version while signed into the Microsoft store with a different email, the one I wanted it attached to. However, my computer was logged into this email account where I already own Minecraft Java version. Somehow, with all the redirects while...
  3. Bought minecraft on the wrong account, and I don't want a refund, I just want it on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought minecraft on the wrong account, and I don't want a refund, I just want it on the...: I purchased Minecraft Windows version while signed into the Microsoft store with a different email, the one I wanted it attached to. However, my computer was logged into this email account where I already own Minecraft Java version. Somehow, with all the redirects while...
  4. Don't want to send mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't want to send mail: I can not send e-mail from windows Live Mail. Keep getting Error 554. What do I do?The message could not be sent. The setting for your outgoing email [SMTP] server might need to be configured. To find the server settings for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***',...
  5. Don't want to send mail

Don't want to send mail: I can not send e-mail from windows Live Mail. Keep getting Error 554. What do I do?The message could not be sent. The setting for your outgoing email [SMTP] server might need to be configured. To find the server settings for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***',...
  6. Mail App keeps saying Aol Mail account is out of sync

Mail App keeps saying Aol Mail account is out of sync: using the Mail app on my Windows 10 laptop and I keep getting a message for my AOL account saying We Couldn't Access this Account. AOL. You might need to Update your password or give the account access to sync to this device. When I click on the little triangle with the...
  7. Wrong Sender Shown in Mail App

Wrong Sender Shown in Mail App: When I send an email using the Mail app in Windows 10, my wife's name is shown as the sender rather than me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-sender-shown-in-mail-app/a27f3c43-0875-4747-8465-1c4d983b2332
  8. Don't want apps shared across all accounts.

Don't want apps shared across all accounts.: I have multiple local accounts 1 admin, 2 standard with apps installed in these accounts. I installed various apps across these different accounts wanting them to be used only if I logged in through that particular account. Instead I am getting these apps shared across all...
  9. Mail app keeps deleting the Gmail account

Mail app keeps deleting the Gmail account: In mail I am unable to open Gmail account as every time Mail is opened its asking to link account, but in Settings - Email & Accounts - account used by email, calendar and contacts my Gmail account is displayed as linked. Pls suggest how to get Mail app working again....
  10. adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there

adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there: I have been using mail for some time. it has a number of accounts. recently my most used account (my every day one) disappeared. I reloaded it (its Hotmail) and used it. the next time I used it, it had gone again and now I have to add it as an account, then it disappears and...