Windows 10: Mail app eating battery during standby

Discus and support Mail app eating battery during standby in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps Log full of these: [img] HxMail.WindowsBackgroundTask I guess this is the mail app? It seems bugged, is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mkdr, Dec 6, 2015.

1. mkdr Win User

Mail app eating battery during standby

Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps

Log full of these:

Mail app eating battery during standby [​IMG]

HxMail.WindowsBackgroundTask

I guess this is the mail app? It seems bugged, is there a way to disable it? It cant be deactivated in the background apps...

:)

mkdr, Dec 6, 2015
  2. Ion G. Win User

Battery saver problems.

Can you check first if your 4G, NFC, Apps whch running in background are enabled during the day or not?

All these settings is eating twice faster your battery.

Ion G., Dec 6, 2015
  3. ArkEngel Win User
    Windows Phone Battery Life

Hi Aaron,

usually when you restart the phone it uses significantly more battery than when it is on Standby as it is running a series of scripts to boot up the phone. 5%, however seems a bit high.

Have you checked out settings > battery sense and looked at which app is eating the most battery in general?

You can also increase battery life by turning off the ability of apps running in the background if you don't regularly use them.

ArkEngel, Dec 6, 2015
  4. Mail app eating battery during standby

Hi,
    Try disabling the Calendar in background tasks to see if it goes

Mail & Calendar are part of the communications apps, disable one and the other is also disabled

paulsalter, Dec 6, 2015
Thema:

Mail app eating battery during standby

1. Mail app eating battery during standby - Similar Threads - Mail app eating

2. Enable S3 Standby during Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Enable S3 Standby during Windows 10 installation: Hello folks, How can I choose between S0 Modern Standby and S3 Legacy Standby modes during Windows 10 installation? I can't find any documentation related to this. I'm going to reinstall Windows 10 on my new Dell XPS 15 9500, but can't find any tutorial of how to enable S3...
  3. E-Mail Notifications while Surface is in Connected StandBy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    E-Mail Notifications while Surface is in Connected StandBy: Hello, I am testing since more than one day and in between I even have re-installed Windows 10 on my Surface 7 Pro because of this issue. So please, if you answer, you can consider that I have a freshly installed and completly updated system currenty that means 1909. Also...
  4. Bad battery performance with connected standby enabled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bad battery performance with connected standby enabled: I have the surface pro 4 and i had as ive used it ive noticed bad battery life anywhere between 2 and a half hours or 3 hours of web browsing. So i was looking online and I saw that disabling connected standby might help. So i did and it increased my battery life to up to 4...
  5. ran out of battery during installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ran out of battery during installation: Can't do anything. It starts with an HP logo then goes into a screen that says "undoing changes..." then goes black, then starts the whole circle again. I don't know what to do or have money to get it fixed. Can anyone help?...
  6. Apps switched from one monitor to the other during standby

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps switched from one monitor to the other during standby: I have a dual monitor system running Windows 10 v. 1903. Sometimes when I put the computer into standby, I will hear at some later time some Windows sounds and when I wake it up, I will find that the (locked) taskbar along with other apps I had opened on one monitor...
  7. Windows 10 "standby" screen during restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 "standby" screen during restart: I really need help Hi, I am trying to restart my PC. So I selected the option "delete files and clean drives". The machine seemed to start the procedure, but it is locked on the "Please wait" screen. I have never seen any progress screen and it has been stuck like this all...
  8. Battery Report: Connected standby = not supported

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Report: Connected standby = not supported: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, can someone tell me whats the problem with my laptop? it's not charging anymore. The laptop will only be turned on if the charger is plugged in....
  9. Tablet has bluescreens during night/standby

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tablet has bluescreens during night/standby: Code: ******************************************************************************** * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f) This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and...
  10. Mailing a notebook with lithium battery

in Windows 10 Support
    Mailing a notebook with lithium battery: What is the best way to mail a notebook with its lithium battery. Sort of confused by latest postal requirements. The pc has a 42wh battery. Can it be mailed with the battery intact. Does it get special handling? The post office is much cheaper than using UPS or Fedex....