Windows 10: Mail app eating battery during standby

Discus and support Mail app eating battery during standby in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps Log full of these: [img] HxMail.WindowsBackgroundTask I guess this is the mail app? It seems bugged, is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mkdr, Dec 6, 2015.

1. mkdr Win User

Mail app eating battery during standby

Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps

Log full of these:

Mail app eating battery during standby [​IMG]

HxMail.WindowsBackgroundTask

I guess this is the mail app? It seems bugged, is there a way to disable it? It cant be deactivated in the background apps...

:)

mkdr, Dec 6, 2015
  2. Ion G. Win User

Battery saver problems.

Can you check first if your 4G, NFC, Apps whch running in background are enabled during the day or not?

All these settings is eating twice faster your battery.

Ion G., Dec 6, 2015
  3. ArkEngel Win User
    Windows Phone Battery Life

Hi Aaron,

usually when you restart the phone it uses significantly more battery than when it is on Standby as it is running a series of scripts to boot up the phone. 5%, however seems a bit high.

Have you checked out settings > battery sense and looked at which app is eating the most battery in general?

You can also increase battery life by turning off the ability of apps running in the background if you don't regularly use them.

ArkEngel, Dec 6, 2015
  4. Mail app eating battery during standby

Hi,
    Try disabling the Calendar in background tasks to see if it goes

Mail & Calendar are part of the communications apps, disable one and the other is also disabled

paulsalter, Dec 6, 2015
Thema:

Mail app eating battery during standby

1. Mail app eating battery during standby - Similar Threads - Mail app eating

2. Laptop is crashing during Standby.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is crashing during Standby.: Hi, my Laptop is crashing or shutting down during Standby. The Event Log can be found here. It did that a while ago. I uninstalled Windows back then and reinstalled it with a boot stick and it worked for a while. But now I'm at the same problem again. It shows other similar...
  3. Laptop is crashing during Standby.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is crashing during Standby.: Hi, my Laptop is crashing or shutting down during Standby. The Event Log can be found here. It did that a while ago. I uninstalled Windows back then and reinstalled it with a boot stick and it worked for a while. But now I'm at the same problem again. It shows other similar...
  4. Battery Report : Connected standby = Not supported

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Report : Connected standby = Not supported: Hello everyone, can someone tell me what is the problem with my laptop? The laptop will only be turned on if the charger is plugged in and if not, my laptop will turned off as soon as the charger is plugged out....
  5. Excessive battery drain during S0 sleep (modern standby)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive battery drain during S0 sleep (modern standby): For my Lenovo X1 Yoga 3rd Gen (Win 10 20H2 Build 19042.928) I have had issues using hibernation. About 30% of the time, the WiFi device will not work when resuming from hibernation. The device will not even appear in device manager. A reboot is required to make it appear and...
  6. NohwdripsC10 is never turns off in modern standby and consuming battery during sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    NohwdripsC10 is never turns off in modern standby and consuming battery during sleep: Modern Standby is a very good feature in Windows 10. But when i watch sleep pattern by using command powercfg -sleepstudy then the report says NohwdripsC10 always run and it never turns off no matter how long i leave it in sleep mode. The colour of that layer is always red in...
  7. Disabling apps from updating during modern sleep/standby? (Battery draining fast)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling apps from updating during modern sleep/standby? (Battery draining fast): I have a lenovo laptop and don't see the point of modern sleep, though I'm hesitant to disable it because I've read that enabling S3 sleep could cause freezing/problems and that it's still faster at waking instantly (or does this not matter with an SSD?). When the computer...
  8. Remote desktop during standby mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop during standby mode: The remote desktop is not accessible when this computer using Windows 10 professional is in standby mode. How can this be remedied? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-during-standby-mode/f2579c71-c2ce-4586-affa-aa5a8d55b5c4
  9. Apps switched from one monitor to the other during standby

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps switched from one monitor to the other during standby: I have a dual monitor system running Windows 10 v. 1903. Sometimes when I put the computer into standby, I will hear at some later time some Windows sounds and when I wake it up, I will find that the (locked) taskbar along with other apps I had opened on one monitor...
  10. Battery Report: Connected standby = not supported

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Report: Connected standby = not supported: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, can someone tell me whats the problem with my laptop? it's not charging anymore. The laptop will only be turned on if the charger is plugged in....