Windows 10: Mail App email count

Discus and support Mail App email count in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there a way to see an email count in the mail app? For example, when I'm in my inbox, how can I tell the total number of email in the inbox. I've... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by shobuddy, May 9, 2016.

1. shobuddy Win User

Mail App email count

Is there a way to see an email count in the mail app? For example, when I'm in my inbox, how can I tell the total number of email in the inbox. I've just switched from Windows Live Mail (which is being depreciated) which had a count on the bottom pane.

:)

shobuddy, May 9, 2016

2. Taskbar Mail icon continues to show unread mail count after emails are read

The mail icon in the task bar continues to show unread mail when none present. I have my Hotmail and 2 other personal email accounts in Windows 10 mail app. Sometimes the unread count (number in a circle over the bottom right portion of the mail icon)
    does not clear. After reading unread emails (from the 3 accounts), the unread count over the icon remains. No unread emails are present in Mail. I log into each account via the respective web portal or via Outlook 2016 (for my Hotmail acct) and no unread
    mail is present. The number will remain even into starting Windows 10 the next day, not changing value even though new mail has been received, read and or deleted via other email access (mobile phone).

UPDATE: While typing this question, I received 1 new email (to my Hotmail acct). A "slide-in" message from the action center displayed a new email received and the number on the icon immediately changed from 5 to 1. Maybe that's the way to clear - leave
    Windows 10 running until a new email is received??? (at the time, the Mail app was NOT running).

Also, after reading the mail(s) received and shutting down Mail app, the unread count disappears momentarily then re-appears on the icon when the Mail app closes.

This is no longer a question but more an FYI. This is about how to resolve an apparent bug in the Mail app.

grasskutter, May 9, 2016
  3. Bison2 Win User
    Win 10 "Mail" not installed correctly, can send but not receive email

NO ERROR MSG

MAIL PROGRAM = APP "MAIL" ON START MENU (ONE OF THE COLORED SQUARES, NOT IN VERTICAL MENU

PROBLEM WITH A 4 ADDRESSES YAHOO GMAIL NWCABLE.NET AOL

ONLY YAHOO USED MAJORITY OF TIME SO UNSURE OF OTHERS

TODAY I GOT ONLY 2 EMAILS ON YOUR IN "MAIL" APP

WHEREAS I HAD ABOUT 8 IN WEB YAHOO ON CHROME & THEY WERE NEW AS I WATCHED TECH SUPPORT, MANY NOTICES OF CHANGED YAHOO PASSWORDS BUT THESE DID NOT REACH THE YAHOO IN "MAIL" WHICH IS POP

I HAVE NOT CHECK AOL OR GMAIL ON THE WEB FOR A COMPARISON COUNT OF EMAILS. NOR HAVE I LOGGED INTO MY INTERNET PROVIDE WEBSITE TO COUNT THE EMAILS IN DOMAIN NWCABLE.NET

I HAVE 2 EMAILS FROM MICROSOFT TELLING ME TO COME TO THIS COMMUNITY BUT YOURS IS THE ONLY RESPONSE AND I ASKED MY Q BEFORE WEEKS IN HOSPITAL.

Bison2, May 9, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Mail App email count

I don't know if this will answer your question as I do not use Mail app for emailing. I use WLM.

Will the screenshot below answer your question ?
    The number 3 circled in red represents how many mails are in the inbox.

Mail App email count [​IMG]

davidhk, May 9, 2016
  5. shobuddy Win User
    davidhk, thank you for the response. I'm actually looking for the total number of emails in my inbox vs unread mail which is what your screeenshot shows.

shobuddy, May 9, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    I see.
    I have no answer for that. Sorry.

davidhk, May 9, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    Not sure with the Mail app but many lists such as files in File Explorer or messages in Outlook.com have a choice of showing a box at the left end that can be checked, checking all of them usually shows a total of those with the checkmarks, Outlook.com shows the number checked at the top of the list while File Explorer shows it in the bar at the bottom..

Berton, May 9, 2016
  8. shobuddy Win User

Mail App email count

Mail App email count [​IMG]

The screenshot above is from Outlook.com
    I'm referring to the number circled in red that shows the total number of emails in my inbox regardless of its read status.
    I'm hoping the mail app can display this information.

shobuddy, May 9, 2016
  9. RWOne Win User
    Nope, Mail app - currently it does not, nor has the capability to do so.

I suggest the smiley face feedback button, which has been used countless (I love puns) times to report/request that feature.

RWOne, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mail App email count

1. Mail App email count - Similar Threads - Mail App email

2. Syncing email in Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing email in Mail app: Got a new computer Windows 10. Setting up email acccounts. Won't synch - says I have to very my identity. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-email-in-mail-app/22db2b4e-1bda-4efe-b1c2-a6cdf642bd60
  3. Mail app, limited emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail app, limited emails: When I type in the name of a recipient or sender, I get emails in the Mail app in Windows 10 only for the last month. I can't find emails for the previous period. But if I scroll the mails manually, I find them...
  4. Missing emails in Mail app

Missing emails in Mail app: I have gmail, yahoo and live set up in the Mail app. I just realized the gmail account is missing emails. I sent two this morning that are no where to be found - outbox, drafts or sent. It seems random. Some go and some don't. It also looks like I havent sent any emails for...
  5. Aol Mail and Email App

Aol Mail and Email App: How can I add my aol email account to the email app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-mail-and-email-app/508e8665-83ff-42f4-bc31-f43620de3cba
  6. YAHOO MAIL and email apps

in Browsers and Email
    YAHOO MAIL and email apps: I see from searching there are others who have a problem similar but not the same as mine. For no reason Windows started to report that accounts in the Windows Mail app needed fixing. Google was not affected but Outlook and Yahoo were and many attempts to fix them failed. The...
  7. MS mail app icon doesn't show unread email count on Taskbar icon

in Browsers and Email
    MS mail app icon doesn't show unread email count on Taskbar icon: I have the Universal MS mail app on my taskbar. In the past when I received mail a badge opened over the icon with the number of emails I received. I also get email notifications on the Action Center icon which works correctly. I have badges turned on in Settings. I used to...
  8. Adding email to mail app

Adding email to mail app: I am trying to add another email to my mail app on my HP envy laptop but it keeps coming up with a error "something went wrong, error code...etc" I have added other emails with no trouble but I cant figure why this one wont work? My business partner has set it up on there...
  9. Mail App and Deleting Emails

Mail App and Deleting Emails: I use the mail app for several email acounts, gmail and outlook. Outlook works fine when deleting however, when I go to select all in my gmail accounts through the mail apps the cursors doesn't change. It selects them, but when I hit delete nothing happens. It just sits...
  10. Mail app - live tile unread count not updating

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app - live tile unread count not updating: In my start menu, I use the mail live tile. But it doesn't seem to update even after I don't have any unread emails. This is the live tile: [img] And here, you can see that I don't have any unread emails: [img] So what's going on? Is there a fix for this?...