Windows 10: Mail app email security not available

Discus and support Mail app email security not available in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have used the mail app running multiple accounts since Windows 8 offered the mail app. This email security feature has never been available. Meaning... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gary Beaty_2050, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Mail app email security not available

I have used the mail app running multiple accounts since Windows 8 offered the mail app. This email security feature has never been available. Meaning actually able to access and utilize. No Microsoft personnel have ever seemed to know what it is actually supposed to do. Why keep passing it on from update to version and more updates, if you're not ever going to make it a functional feature ? Best wishes.

:)

Gary Beaty_2050, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mail app email security not available :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Dec 24, 2018
  4. kjdawson1 Win User

Mail app email security not available

Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Mail app email security not available

1. Mail app email security not available - Similar Threads - Mail app email

2. Syncing email in Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing email in Mail app: Got a new computer Windows 10. Setting up email acccounts. Won't synch - says I have to very my identity. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-email-in-mail-app/22db2b4e-1bda-4efe-b1c2-a6cdf642bd60
  3. Missing emails in Mail app

Missing emails in Mail app: I have gmail, yahoo and live set up in the Mail app. I just realized the gmail account is missing emails. I sent two this morning that are no where to be found - outbox, drafts or sent. It seems random. Some go and some don't. It also looks like I havent sent any emails for...
  4. Aol Mail and Email App

Aol Mail and Email App: How can I add my aol email account to the email app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-mail-and-email-app/508e8665-83ff-42f4-bc31-f43620de3cba
  5. Mail app is NOT secure.

Mail app is NOT secure.: When I delete my email account from Mail app in Windows 10, I can simply click Add New Account, and it is there at the top of the list. I click it, and it logs straight back in, without requiring a password to be entered. THIS IS NOT SECURE. Anyone using my computer can do...
  6. Mail App needs a security update for AOL Emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mail App needs a security update for AOL Emails: Hello. I recently started to use the Mail App. I wasn't sure where to post this so I posted it here. The reason why I'm posting this is that the mail app uses a less secure way to connect to AOL Emails. Let me explain. I cannot connect to my AOL Email by going to...
  7. YAHOO MAIL and email apps

in Browsers and Email
    YAHOO MAIL and email apps: I see from searching there are others who have a problem similar but not the same as mine. For no reason Windows started to report that accounts in the Windows Mail app needed fixing. Google was not affected but Outlook and Yahoo were and many attempts to fix them failed. The...
  8. Adding email to mail app

Adding email to mail app: I am trying to add another email to my mail app on my HP envy laptop but it keeps coming up with a error "something went wrong, error code...etc" I have added other emails with no trouble but I cant figure why this one wont work? My business partner has set it up on there...
  9. Mail App and Deleting Emails

Mail App and Deleting Emails: I use the mail app for several email acounts, gmail and outlook. Outlook works fine when deleting however, when I go to select all in my gmail accounts through the mail apps the cursors doesn't change. It selects them, but when I hit delete nothing happens. It just sits...
  10. Mail App email count

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App email count: Is there a way to see an email count in the mail app? For example, when I'm in my inbox, how can I tell the total number of email in the inbox. I've just switched from Windows Live Mail (which is being depreciated) which had a count on the bottom pane. 49777